Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dust 514

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released May 14, 2013

DUST 514 was a free-to-play, persistent-world online competitive shooter focused on intense infantry combat augmented by powerful vehicles. It was set in and directly connected to the thriving player driven MMO universe of EVE Online.

DUST514 is a PS3 Exclusive

AnnonOMous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Edited By AnnonOMous

I know some people like a short blog, and this is very short, very quick, very blunt and very, very political.

FYI: CCP's DUST514 is going to be PS3 exclusive because:

“Apparently it’s because the PS3 is much better designed for online worlds and micro-payments”

Suffice to say, many hackers agree with this.

BTW, I have read as many news reports as I could before I made my mind up, so I do know CCP's reasons for doing this incredibly stupid act.

Also, I expect to get a lot of flame for posting this.

Disclaimer: I am an independent gamer.  The views expressed above are purely my own and not support by Sony, Microsoft or CCP.  Or anyone else for that matter.

AnnonOMous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By AnnonOMous

I know some people like a short blog, and this is very short, very quick, very blunt and very, very political.

FYI: CCP's DUST514 is going to be PS3 exclusive because:

“Apparently it’s because the PS3 is much better designed for online worlds and micro-payments”

Suffice to say, many hackers agree with this.

BTW, I have read as many news reports as I could before I made my mind up, so I do know CCP's reasons for doing this incredibly stupid act.

Also, I expect to get a lot of flame for posting this.

Disclaimer: I am an independent gamer.  The views expressed above are purely my own and not support by Sony, Microsoft or CCP.  Or anyone else for that matter.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @AnnonOMous said:

I know some people like a short blog, and this is very short, very quick, very blunt and very, very political.  FYI: CCP's DUST514 is going to be PS3 exclusive because: “Apparently it’s because the PS3 is much better designed for online worlds and micro-payments” Suffice to say, many hackers agree with this.  BTW, I have read as many news reports as I could before I made my mind up, so I do know CCP's reasons for doing this incredibly stupid act.  Also, I expect to get a lot of flame for posting this.  Disclaimer: I am an independent gamer.  The views expressed above are purely my own and not support by Sony, Microsoft or CCP.  Or anyone else for that matter.

And? Its looks generic and kinda boring.Sort of like blacklight tango down. I love FPS games but this looks like something I have played a million times. And I do not play EVE online. Used to. Just did not like some parts of it. 
    Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Jack268

Meh, I'll leave it for the dirty peasant soldiers to give their information to Sony while I cruise through space and assign them to sacrificing their lives like the dirty console apes they are. 

Cirdain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Cirdain

I... PC  :(

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @Jack268 said:
    Meh, I'll leave it for the dirty peasant soldiers to give their information to Sony while I cruise through space and assign them to sacrificing their lives like the dirty console apes they are. 

This E3 they do..but..its all kinect *Cringes* 
    wunder_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By wunder_

Would be weird if it wasn't an exclusive. Could you imagine playing with 360 players and PS3 players while you're on your big ship on Eve? weeeeird.

Crash_Happy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Crash_Happy

Look, you can't put something in quotation marks and not say who said it. Was it you? You're saying that?

Dust always has looked stupid. CCP wanting to expand their market I understand and certainly this puts a new wrinkle on the idea of persistence. However, even if you assume that the game itself is any good there's a massive problem in how they have it interact with the greater EvE universe.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.