Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dust 514

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released May 14, 2013

DUST 514 was a free-to-play, persistent-world online competitive shooter focused on intense infantry combat augmented by powerful vehicles. It was set in and directly connected to the thriving player driven MMO universe of EVE Online.

I'm in the beta. Ask me ALMOST anything

• 56 results
    M_Shini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By M_Shini

Got in it yesterday, kinda hated how it controlled, feels really stiff, and i haven't played a fps on a game pad in ages so that doesn't help much. Made me wanna buy a TV with better resolution though i cant read barley any of the text. Games i jumped into though seemed pretty scarce of people, aiming and shooting didn't have a great feel to it, some of which may or may not just be me using a game pad. Game feels kind of stiff if i had to phrase a word for its feel.

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#52  Edited By KillEm_Dafoe
    @M_Shini said:

Got in it yesterday, kinda hated how it controlled, feels really stiff, and i haven't played a fps on a game pad in ages so that doesn't help much. Made me wanna buy a TV with better resolution though i cant read barley any of the text. Games i jumped into though seemed pretty scarce of people, aiming and shooting didn't have a great feel to it, some of which may or may not just be me using a game pad. Game feels kind of stiff if i had to phrase a word for its feel.

I agree about the gameplay. The shooting feels really awkward and the controls can be unresponsive at times. Additionally, there isn't any kind of tutorial that I saw for the actual in-game stuff. Out of the 1-and-a-half matches I've played, I had pretty much no clue what was going on the entire time. I also wasn't able to stay alive long enough to get my bearings. There are a lot of icons and shit cluttering up the UI, and most of it is meaningless to me without context. I'm not going to write this game off yet because I actually really like a lot of the systems surrounding the game. It has the potential to be incredibly deep for a game of this type. I just wish there was more explanation as to how exactly I'm supposed to go about playing it. I paid the $20 to satisfy my curiosity, which I'm glad I did, but I can't see myself playing this too much in its current state. I'm hoping very much that the final version of the game is substantially better, but I won't hold my breath.
    mitsuko_souma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By mitsuko_souma

Pay $20 to play the beta of a Free-to-Play game.

You're doing it wrong.

Solh0und

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Solh0und
    @mitsuko_souma said:

Pay $20 to play the beta of a Free-to-Play game.

You're doing it wrong.

Give this man a award!  

Anywho: I happen to have a free weekend beta code so....first come,first serve(NA Only): 

MPFP-D9NR-MPQ7
    Leptok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Leptok

Heard there was going to be a big update today, has it changed much?

Solh0und

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Solh0und
    @Leptok said:

Heard there was going to be a big update today, has it changed much?

I haven't touched it all day today but since the recent update, they added a few new items and a less jankier look to the game.
    MightyDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: -2

#57  Edited By MightyDuck

@Solh0und: Thanks for the code! Downloading the beta now. Looking forward to giving it a go.

Solh0und

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Solh0und
    @MightyDuck: You're welcome sir. Happy Hunting!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.