Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dust 514

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released May 14, 2013

DUST 514 was a free-to-play, persistent-world online competitive shooter focused on intense infantry combat augmented by powerful vehicles. It was set in and directly connected to the thriving player driven MMO universe of EVE Online.

Its been a year since I've played Dust 514

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

I logged in this morning on a whim. Saw I had just over 17 million skill points banked. And got excited. Then I noticed that all my unlocked skills had been reset. I couldn't even use the gear I already owned. I had to re-buy them all again. Then I was not so excited. So after spending an hour in the menu trying to figure out what all I had to re-buy to use what I already owned, I only had 8 million skills points to buy new things. Which then took me another 30 minutes to figure out how I wanted to spec out. Then I spent another 30 minutes buying and making new load outs. I spent 2 hours in the menu doing all this, to end up only playing one game and saying "fuck this noise, I remember why I stopped playing this game now." This was after losing 10 suits that cost a good amount of money to restock. And being killed by players with load outs that were 10x more powerful than my own. From large distances away, that didn't even register on my radar. How is that fun for anyone? Well I guess its fun for the person who spent all that real money to have all the best stuff to get those kills. Maybe?

I remember being really into this game for about 3 months. I played it every day. And with some people on here for a large part of that in the Kite Co Corp. I had a lot of fun with the game. Even though it was unbalanced. But at some point I got too frustrated with just how unbalanced it can be and it made it aggravating to play. I missed the early days of the break in training where it was balanced and a lot more fun. Well, skip ahead 14 months later, and the game is even more unbalanced now. Unless you've been playing every day over that 14 months. And not only that, it feels terrible to play. After playing MP in Destiny and Battlefield 4 on PS4, going back to this was a shock. The handling was atrocious. The movement was super slow. The overall experience was pretty bad. The gun play being the worst. I don't remember it being this bad. And I'm not sure I can see myself ever spending another minute with this game. But I will. I'll check back in next year. If only to spend another 2 hours in the menu to then be disappointed with one match. Having the same exact experience I just had.

And what really makes me sad about this game, is that I remember spending $100 on it to support CCP in those first three months. And now I don't even enjoy the basic game play in the game. I can't help but thinking how good this could be without all the Eve economy stuff tied in. And how much better it could be on the PS4. 64 players. Better fidelity on the graphics. Smoother game play. I guess its time to break out BF4 again. I haven't played those new maps yet. Or maybe I'll just continue to play Destiny MP. Same type of MP, just done much better than Dust 514.

Anyone still playing this from Kite Co? Kinda curious what ever happened to that.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.