Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dust 514

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released May 14, 2013

DUST 514 was a free-to-play, persistent-world online competitive shooter focused on intense infantry combat augmented by powerful vehicles. It was set in and directly connected to the thriving player driven MMO universe of EVE Online.

Some recent gameplay footage.

strangecargo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

If anybody was curious about the current state of the game, I thought I'd post some footage of a few games I played this week. At it's best, it's become a tactical game that's very satisfying in a way that I've never seen in a multiplayer shooter. At it's worst, you'll end up in some really boring, one-sided games.

A pretty good game-long firefight on Manus Peak. I start out with one of the newly-introduced Assault Combat Rifles (some video of the normal variant in the third video), but I spend most of the game with my favorite, the trusty space shotgun:

Point defense (with the same shotgun fitting as above) in a city. I mostly avoid the Bravo objective once it's clear that we've lost it, because it's usually a bloodbath in there. I spend some time outside Bravo though, just trying to prevent enemies from leaving. I get some pretty good grenade and pistol kills in this game:

Making the best of a game that my team starts losing pretty early on. They gave everybody some free Combat Rifles to encourage their use (they were introduced in a recent patch) and I made a cheap fitting to save ISK. This is one of my first games with this fitting, so you see me doing some weird stuff like hip-firing when I should be ADS and forgetting to reload because I'm experimenting/not quite used to the weapon yet:

guanophobic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

I still can't shake how malplaced this game is on the PS3.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.