Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dust: An Elysian Tail

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Aug 15, 2012

In the fantasy world of Falana, a mysterious swordsman named Dust, armed with a living sword called Ahrah and a quirky companion named Fidget, seeks to free a village from oppression while uncovering the truth behind his past.

It's Dangerous to Go Alone

• 113 results
    RobertOrri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#101  Edited By RobertOrri

@TheGreatPotato said:

@JohnstonThistle said:

I hate this game because of the stupid furry fandom designs. Seriously, the last thing I need to see in my video games is people dressed as animals having sex together.

This is possibly the most ignorant thing I've read all day. First thing is that it is not your video game and thus you have no real say in the design. Next is that they are not dressed as animals, but actually are. Finally, there is absolutely no sexual content in the game. All you are doing here is being an ignorant fool who gets upset at anthropomorphic designs because you believe every false stereotype you hear.

Duder, that is a very obvious troll post and you should not have bothered replying to it. You lost.

Paindamnation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#102  Edited By Paindamnation

@RobertOrri said:

@TheGreatPotato said:

@JohnstonThistle said:

I hate this game because of the stupid furry fandom designs. Seriously, the last thing I need to see in my video games is people dressed as animals having sex together.

This is possibly the most ignorant thing I've read all day. First thing is that it is not your video game and thus you have no real say in the design. Next is that they are not dressed as animals, but actually are. Finally, there is absolutely no sexual content in the game. All you are doing here is being an ignorant fool who gets upset at anthropomorphic designs because you believe every false stereotype you hear.

Duder, that is a very obvious troll post and you should not have bothered replying to it. You lost.

You played the game!

TheGreatPotato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#103  Edited By TheGreatPotato

@RobertOrri When you've come across as many people who are serious when they say something like that as I have, it gets hard to tell the difference between what is and isn't trolling. Sorry.

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#104  Edited By EuanDewar

i thought it was kinda bad but whatever

VargasPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By VargasPrime

@MindChamber: Well, obviously if you're not a fan of beat-em-up style action games or platformers, then yeah, you should probably stay away. But if the game is something that might otherwise appeal to you, and you choose not to play it just because of the character artwork, then you're missing out.

If you're waiting on a PC release, that's fine, but I think the game is absolutely worth its price on XBLA.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#106  Edited By Sooty

This is more than I am willing to read about video games.

Kappa

UnrealDP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By UnrealDP

@Christoffer said:

@UnrealDP said:

Oh man, "not so fan-fictiony?" That's like the worst thing Microsoft could of said...

I don't even understand what that's supposed to mean. Maybe I need to read more fan-fiction to get it. Is "fan-fiction" somehow synonym with "bad writing"?

I don't think there's any specific definition for it, but it just implies bad writing and a lack of professionalism. Just the notion of saying that this feels like it was written by a fan is bad enough, but using such awful shorthand like "fan-fictiony" just adds insult to injury. It's also non-feedback in that it's so unspecific that they might as well have said "This story's shitty." Like, if I'm writing a story and a friend looks at it and says "Too fan-fictiony" then I have no idea what to do with that information. Are the characters bad? Is the dialogue bad? No clue, but I'm just some dude trying my best to basically make this game alone and that's the criticism I get? Cool, thanks Microsoft?

bowlcut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#108  Edited By bowlcut

One of the games I've still got on the back burner to get around to it type of things...

Avatar image for goulash_enjoyer
    goulash_enjoyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By goulash_enjoyer

@Sooty said:

You are obviously not the target audience of this piece. Great job representing your generation, by the way.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#110  Edited By Sooty

@Bummey said:

@Sooty said:

You are obviously not the target audience of this piece. Great job representing your generation, by the way.

No I'm not the target audience as I don't care about Dust, why you chose to take my post so seriously I do not know.

Great job overreacting like a try hard twat, by the way.

anastef88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By anastef88

Trespasser,interesting game (:

squidraid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By squidraid

@Sonofthanos said:

After reading this........ I must finish this game.

I had the same thought. I bought this game shortly after it came out during MS' "Summer of Arcade" promo and played it for all of an hour before I dropped it for Darksiders 2 (which was awesome, by the way.)

addendum: At the time, the obnoxious voice acting was the major turnoff for me. The gameplay itself was pretty fun, but the story featured prominently enough that early in the game that the kiddy voice acting really got on my nerves. I guess I should've given it more of a chance.

zonerender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By zonerender

This is such a great write-up and inside story on the creator and game. I really need to play this game!!!

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#114  Edited By BoOzak

I thought the writing in Dust was at it's best when it was self-aware. Whenever it tried to be something more it fell flat for me. The dialog was pretty good at times, i'm guessing that's where the writer had the most leeway. I really hated the ending though, sequel bait never goes down well for me.

Everything else was decent but I wish the combat relied less on the dust storm, granted they tried to limit how much you used it, but it still seemed like the solution to every problem.

Still crazy that one guy made this though. (with composers and voice actors etc.)

Menkhor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By Menkhor

@last_targaryen said:

Bring this game to PC!

This. So badly this. I must play this game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.