Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dust: An Elysian Tail

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Aug 15, 2012

In the fantasy world of Falana, a mysterious swordsman named Dust, armed with a living sword called Ahrah and a quirky companion named Fidget, seeks to free a village from oppression while uncovering the truth behind his past.

Just got it. What difficulty?

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By golguin

Should I go with normal or tough? Is there a ng+ mode for higher difficulties?

MURDERSMASH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By MURDERSMASH

I'd say, go tough. Normal difficulty was surprisingly easy. I don't think I even died once. There's no NG+.

doomed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

#3  Edited By doomed

You can adjust your difficulty after you start but you won't get achievements for completing it on Tough without starting the game on that difficulty.

It got extremely easy around 1/2 through the game for me. What happens is you get so strong that you don't combo anything, so you kind of just spam. I probably should've played on Tough.

Avatar image for secondpersonshooter
    SecondPersonShooter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Yeah, I'm playing on normal right now and it's been extremely easy so far, almost to the point of tedium, I'm probably going to switch up to tough.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By golguin

@Doomed said:

You can adjust your difficulty after you start but you won't get achievements for completing it on Tough without starting the game on that difficulty.

It got extremely easy around 1/2 through the game for me. What happens is you get so strong that you don't combo anything, so you kind of just spam. I probably should've played on Tough.

That sounds super crazy because I'm at around 80% completion (snow area) and my combos are usually in the 200-500 range without even trying. I have felt very lucky though because I've stacked my item drop and luck as high as I can and I always seem to pull a weapon augment that's way more powerful than I should have. I've only used like 4 of them and now I found one with 800+ attack despite only having like 5 gems in the attack stat.

I got the double jump so I've gone back to 100% areas and I'm literally flying through them with my lightning storm.

doomed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

#6  Edited By doomed

@golguin said:

@Doomed said:

That sounds super crazy because I'm at around 80% completion (snow area) and my combos are usually in the 200-500 range without even trying. I have felt very lucky though because I've stacked my item drop and luck as high as I can and I always seem to pull a weapon augment that's way more powerful than I should have. I've only used like 4 of them and now I found one with 800+ attack despite only having like 5 gems in the attack stat.

I got the double jump so I've gone back to 100% areas and I'm literally flying through them with my lightning storm.

I always used the best equipment unless I was farming gold or items. And I also specced into attack for the most part. It's a lot of factors at work. Maybe I just got lazy. It's hard to combo those later enemies. But they sure seemed to be dying quickly.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By golguin

@Doomed said:

@golguin said:

@Doomed said:

I always used the best equipment unless I was farming gold or items. And I also specced into attack for the most part. It's a lot of factors at work. Maybe I just got lazy. It's hard to combo those later enemies. But they sure seemed to be dying quickly.

I haven't really farmed unless you count letting the game idle so that the shops can stock up on whatever items I need to craft something. I'm level 20 something and I always have my health and def at the stat limit while my attack and fidget powers trail 4 stat points behind so that may be the reason for my ability to combo high numbers. I only use my money to occasionally buy crafting materials (bought all keys) so I've stacked about 60,000 to play around with. It's been a good while since I've actually bought equipment from the store since I always seems to find amazing blue prints.

Branwulf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Branwulf

I just played it for the story on easy, it's a bit of a joke on easy though, you can pretty much hold down spin/magic and wait for everything to die.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Man hearing about this makes me think I should restart. I'm just a few hours in and already feel like I broke the curve. The magic is just ridiculously strong, and you don't even have to put points into attack since the augments do all that work for you. I can totally see why the game wants you to spread out the points now, because maxing fidget early would just be broken.

musclerider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

@tobbrobb said:

Man hearing about this makes me think I should restart. I'm just a few hours in and already feel like I broke the curve. The magic is just ridiculously strong, and you don't even have to put points into attack since the augments do all that work for you. I can totally see why the game wants you to spread out the points now, because maxing fidget early would just be broken.

If I remember correctly there are also rings that double your magic power so that's what I did for the last quarter of the game.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By golguin

@tobbrobb said:

The thing is that the tough difficulty is actually tough and you can die in 1-3 hits if you're not careful. The fighting experience you build up playing on the normal setting is valuable when you get to the higher difficulties.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@golguin: Considering it feels like im cheesing it already I seriously doubt it. And dying in 3 hits isnt a problem when I fly all over the screen and kind of dont get hit.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.