Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dust: An Elysian Tail

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Aug 15, 2012

In the fantasy world of Falana, a mysterious swordsman named Dust, armed with a living sword called Ahrah and a quirky companion named Fidget, seeks to free a village from oppression while uncovering the truth behind his past.

The Lighting attack is too strong.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

The dust storm ability for the lighting covers all your bases. The objective of combat is to get a higher combo rating for a higher experience boost. This move stuns all enemys on screen, locking them in place and hitting multiple times. Racking up the combo score with ease. Sure, you can't keep the dust storm held forever, or you hurt yourself but because the lighting stuns enemy's, it's easy to delay each time you use the attack and it will still combo.

I did this one a group and got a combo over 1200 and a nice chunk of bonus experience. In large groups there is no practical reason to use any other strategy but this.

AssInAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By AssInAss

On Tough difficulty, it's not as effective as the Fireball Column that's far more powerful and faster when everyone's clumped together in one spot. Either way, on this difficulty you can't spam it as much as it takes a lot of Fidget energy away, which means you can end up not being able to even evade (a bad thing when you have explodable enemies).

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

@AssInAss said:

On Tough difficulty, it's not as effective as the Fireball Column that's far more powerful and faster when everyone's clumped together in one spot. Either way, on this difficulty you can't spam it as much as it takes a lot of Fidget energy away, which means you can end up not being able to even evade (a bad thing when you have explodable enemies).

It's good to hear that on higher difficulty it is not a issue. But I don't plan to play this game again.

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Doctorchimp

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

@AssInAss said:

It's good to hear that on higher difficulty it is not a issue. But I don't plan to play this game again.

That doesn't sound like you should worry about balance then...

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Ares42

It's sorta the point. Keeping all the enemies suspended while getting in enough normal hits to keep your magic up is what the gameplay is about. And lightning isn't the only spell that can do that :P Just sounds to me like you figured out how to play the game rather than just treating it like a normal hack'n'slash.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

@Doctorchimp said:

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

@AssInAss said:

That doesn't sound like you should worry about balance then...

I understand why you would say that. I made this thread to see how other people felt about this and hopefully to learn something like the post above.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

@Ares42 said:

It's sorta the point. Keeping all the enemies suspended while getting in enough normal hits to keep your magic up is what the gameplay is about. And lightning isn't the only spell that can do that :P Just sounds to me like you figured out how to play the game rather than just treating it like a normal hack'n'slash.

I get that. I just felt that the lighting did that too well, made it too easy.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
    deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Not the feeling I really get from it but I'm playing on tough and everything kind of just kicks my ass.

Avatar image for tim_the_corsair
    tim_the_corsair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By tim_the_corsair

Without lighting attacks, wouldn't the screen just be black?

Avatar image for gmanforthefreeman
    gmanforthefreeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Tim_the_Corsair: o i get it light

JTB123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By JTB123

If you just whore it then it does feel a little broken, however on tough and especially hardcore your fidget metre drains much faster and in hardcore mode you pretty much have to use melee combos to refill it so it's not as broken as it might seem initially.

@AssInAss: Just an FYI, the base damage is the same for all of Fidgets attacks.

Avatar image for deactivated-59a31562f0e29
    deactivated-59a31562f0e29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

it's pretty ridiculous sure, especially with 2 rings on with 3x fidget.

but also lots of fun. i don't really care that much about balance in single players games if you get to fly around the place like a loon like with this

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.