Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dust: An Elysian Tail

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Aug 15, 2012

In the fantasy world of Falana, a mysterious swordsman named Dust, armed with a living sword called Ahrah and a quirky companion named Fidget, seeks to free a village from oppression while uncovering the truth behind his past.

Who did I just unlock ?

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Ares42

So the fourth "friend" I unlocked looks like a modern Donald Duck in a purple suit wearing headphones listening to something dubstep'ish. Is this really another indie dev character ? and if so what game does he come from ?

EDIT: rescued a second one with a red suit and figured out what they are. Pretty good easter egg, had actually been noticing the name every time I launched the game but didn't quite make the connection right away.

AssInAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By AssInAss

@Ares42 said:

So the fourth "friend" I unlocked looks like a modern Donald Duck in a purple suit wearing headphones listening to something dubstep'ish. Is this really another indie dev character ? and if so what game does he come from ?

EDIT: rescued a second one with a red suit and figured out what they are. Pretty good easter egg, had actually been noticing the name every time I launched the game but didn't quite make the connection right away.

I think that's the Hyperduck which is a reference to the sound and music company that did work on the game. I don't know if there's a game related to the duck.

No Caption Provided
    Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Ares42

@AssInAss: yup, figured it out when I got the second one and they set up in my sanctuary =D

peritus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By peritus

Finally found all of them, but only recognised half :p

astrophyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 20

#5  Edited By astrophyle
    No Caption Provided

I just unlocked this too. It reminds me of Howard the Duck, but holy shit that would be nuts to have him in this game.

infantpipoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

User Lists: 24

@peritus:

The 2 ducks obvisouly represent the 2 sound dudes from Hyperduck soundworks, their names appear in the end credit. The other 10 are Tim from Braid, Gomez from Fez, Kid from Bastion, the Maw from The Maw(the only Twisted Pixel game is ported to PC), Meat Boy and Bandage Girl from Super Meat Boy, the Dishwasher and Yuki from The Dishwasher: Vampire's Smile(the only XBLA exclusive here and now, which is Nov,2013), default player character and default damsel from Spelunky. All are from XBLA titles.

peritus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By peritus

@infantpipoc: Haha, thanks. Still didn't know the who the braid dude was. Figured out the rest of em earlier though :-p

infantpipoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

User Lists: 24

@peritus:

Remeber that one chamber with the tornado dragging Dust in and only have sound effect when Dust moves, that's when the Braid dude was held, a red head dude in a suit.

peritus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.