Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dying Light 2: Stay Human

Game » consists of 25 releases. Released Feb 04, 2022

Dying Light 2 takes place fifteen years after the first game.

Apparently the level cap in this is [spoilers]

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

...nine? When I first saw the map I was a little concerned at how the level cap appeared to be just six, but I'm already level 7 without having done the final mission. (I'm parked at the point of no return and kind of running around doing stuff until I try to finish the game tomorrow night (hope you can join my stream)). I'm just learning now that the level cap is apparently 9, which is kind of weird since I haven't seen an enemy over 5 across the entire map yet (there might be some regions where they're 6, but like I said, not done yet). That's interesting, since you're basically unstoppable once you get +1 level over any normal enemy, let alone the three or four levels above the enemies in most of the game like I am now.

It's an interesting game, difficulty-wise, but then so was the first game. You are basically a human-sized baby early on and then become an absolute destroyer of worlds once you get a chunk into it, perhaps even moreso than in Dying Light 1 from my experiences. If you're two levels above your enemies (and look for purple or orange weapons) you can relatively easily do any "only attempt at night" area in full daylight since they'll just fall over when you hit them with your Holy Mace +5 or whatever, and even most of the GRE experiment enemies pretty simple to take down once you're a level above them (I'm playing on normal difficulty by the by). It's kind of a weird experience where you really barely need any of the gadgets or ranged weapons to rampage through an enemy base; I've almost exclusively stuck to melee weapons and have barely died at all outside of the first few hours of the game.

Anyway, interesting game. I'm looking forward to being done with it but I kind of hope the last mission or two is a bit more challenging than everything I've done before now. The "final mission" looks to be level 5, but none of the side missions I have yet to do are over level 3, so it seems kind of pointless to go back and try those? That's another weird aspect of the game - since you buy most of the best weapons at vendors, and all you really need to proceed are good weapons (I've gotten by fine with dropped gear from enemies, no need to buy that), then most of the side quest stuff seems kind of pointless, aside from anything that rewards Inhibitors. It's a weird balance, but ultimately one I'm kind of fine with; do some side stuff on your way through the main quest and you'll eventually be overlevelled to the point where the game is a relatively cakewalk. I like it that way!

I'm going to try finishing this off in chat tomorrow night; hope you can join me!

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.