Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dying Light

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Jan 27, 2015

Dying Light is a first-person, open world game set in a zombie apocalypse. The player character is able to free-run to get around the environment quickly.

Dying Light - E3 trailer.

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Aegon

So is this CG or not? The comments section on the video sure seems to think so. Something about the animation makes it seem real time though. And Jeff was quite impressed with this game, so who knows.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

This trailer was really cool but I once was fooled with the Dead Rsising trailer XD

If you actually can do this stuff that was shown in the trailer with all the traversal stuffI will be there day one.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

Jesus christ when did Techland become a three game studio? They have this, that medieval dead island game, and then they're clearly probably working on a dead island 2 or whatever.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Darji

@animasta said:

Jesus christ when did Techland become a three game studio? They have this, that medieval dead island game, and then they're clearly probably working on a dead island 2 or whatever.

Huh Did I miss something?^^

Dallas_Raines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@animasta: Well, they're all about zombies, so shared assets, I guess?

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

@darji said:

@animasta said:

Hellraid

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Darji

@animasta said:

@darji said:

@animasta said:

Hellraid

Oh nice. Thx. Didn''t know about this game^^ Looks kind of skyrimish from the "dungeons"

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

i did not enjoy that trailer. looks pretty obviously cg though.

MiniPato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darji said:

This trailer was really cool but I once was fooled with the Dead Rsising trailer XD

If you actually can do this stuff that was shown in the trailer with all the traversal stuffI will be there day one.

Dead Rising trailer or Dead Island trailer?

Based solely on screenshots I've seen, the trailer looks fairly representative of the game unlike the Dead Island trailer.

Well, representative or not, I thought that was a good trailer. I liked that they didn't dwell on that guy's friends getting chomped by zombies and focused on the adrenaline of running from zombies. No time for crying, you run or you die. Wasn't a fan of the song, but as it went on the song picked up and almost had an uplifting quality to it which you don't find in zombie trailers or zombie fiction in general. Up until the end that is.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By glots

Seems like a fun concept, if something. Decent trailer too, even recognized the artist (even if only because of one of his (Woodkid) songs was used for Assassin's Creed - Revelations trailer...)!

Also, watching this trailer again, that "Cole McGrath?" comment sure makes sense. Outfit's somewhat similiar, all the climbing...and that damn electrified weapon?! Of course this guy has hair, but then again, Cole was also supposed to have some in two before the fan backslash...not that any of this would make any sense, but kinda interesting still.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@minipato said:

@darji said:

Dead Rising trailer or Dead Island trailer?

Based solely on screenshots I've seen, the trailer looks fairly representative of the game unlike the Dead Island trailer.

Well, representative or not, I thought that was a good trailer. I liked that they didn't dwell on that guy's friends getting chomped by zombies and focused on the adrenaline of running from zombies. No time for crying, you run or you die. Wasn't a fan of the song, but as it went on the song picked up and almost had an uplifting quality to it which you don't find in zombie trailers or zombie fiction in general. Up until the end that is.

Ups Dead Island of course...

abendlaender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@animasta said:

Yeah, also they just finished Gunslinger. Also, also they should be working on Nail'd 2

Nilazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By Nilazz

They've released some screenshots for the game, and yeah, that is CG.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nilazz said:

They've released some screenshots for the game, and yeah, that is CG.

Jeff saw it already and he was impressed by its mechanics so who knows^^

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks cool, but I'm not going to put a whole lot of trust in cgi trailers released by the Dead Island guys. I'll wait to see some gameplay before I get too excited. That being said, I'm all for more zombie games. The trailer alone makes me think it would be cool to see a zombie game with Dark Souls/Journey style multiplayer. Coming across other survivors who are either joining to help you or joining to kill you and take whatever supplies you're after would be a nice addition to the usual zombie thing.

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Funkydupe

Is this developed by Good Techland or Bad Techland?

Avatar image for deactivated-613c903ddf820
    deactivated-613c903ddf820

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks like CG trailer, I can't really get excited about those.

Avatar image for awesomeusername
    awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

FREERUNNING! That's the only reason I'm interested in this game. If the freerunning is as good as it shows in the trailer, I will get it day 1, no matter if Techland's name is on it. But I hope this is good Techland.

artelinarose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By artelinarose

mmm woodkid

Wait, what was the game about? I got distracted.

Elwoodan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

The Screenshots look rather nice, the zombies have a real 'infected' rather than 'living dead' look to them, and I think they've said its gonna be open world?
    could be cool.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.