Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dynasty Warriors: Godseekers

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Aug 03, 2016

Godseekers is a spinoff, tactical role-playing game to the Dynasty Warriors series. It follows the perspective of the warrior Zhao Yun with a looser interpretation of the Three Kingdoms Period.

Not the tactics game I was looking for

DumbFounded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So, Anyone else playing this?

Took the plunge with this as it was giving me Dynasty Tactics vibes, I was wrong. My own fault really as I didn't look at any pre-release information.

For those not familiar with the standard tactics games, at a glance they look very similar. Grid based battles with all your favorite warriors! This new game doesn't seem to have the depth of the past games, For instance you could position certain units around the map and set off huge chain reactions of skills that was decimate everyone on the map.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckeoHLdzmGc

This video kind of demonstrates what it was like, with added bonus' of the skills moving units around the battlefield provided they aren't boxed in like above.

I've played the new version for around 8 hours and the game says i'm 20% complete so I hope its revealed all of its features to me by now, but i'm just not feeling it. So far I've found the attacks to be lackluster with the only differences being higher attack numbers and different area of effects. Nothing that moves units around or really inflict status ailments that I can notice although there are skills that inflict these but I've yet to see any actually do anything.

This is probably a very uneducated comparison as I've only played very small amounts, But the game I feel this has the most parallels to is Fire Emblem so far it seems to have baseline weapon and upgrade system and combat which is closer to Fire Emblem than Dynasty Tactics.

I'm enjoying the game as a whole but with it being a full priced release and digital only in the UK its abit of a tough sell. So has anyone else picked this up and have anything to share?

raycarter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

User Lists: 1

I just bought the game for myself, and I'm hoping to write a full review of it upon campaign completion.

It's interesting that you used Fire Emblem as a point of comparison, as I (who played through at least 3 separate Fire Emblem games) also arrived at the same conclusion. You could see some superficial similarities, like the dialogue tree between characters and the grid-based combat. Characters can also sync up and attack in unison, and there is some level of customisation in regard to weapons and items.

Off the bat, one major point of departure is the way combat resolves. In Fire Emblem characters get to fight back on an opponent's turn unless they are at a range disadvantage. In Godseekers characters only attack (and respond) on their turn.

Sync up attacks are also a a major point of difference. They are encouraged in the most recent Fire Emblem games, as they give a damage boost here and there. But in Godseekers they can be absolutely game-wrecking as their damage is so far above anything a character can do by himself or herself - not to mention that fighters can perform essentially another turn whaling on enemies before doing that superpower Synchro attack that devastates a small area's worth of enemies.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.