Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

E3 2009

Concept »

The 2009 Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) took place at the Los Angeles Convention Center in Los Angeles, California on June 2-4.

A response to calls of Bias

deadly_polo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

Edited By deadly_polo

As anyone can see from my profile, blogging is not a common reason for going to this site; simply put, it is for Games. This website is different in the fact that unlike most recognised gaming websites (of which I still ferverently visit), it is written by the owners and everything is for the owner and his 3 co-workers love of video games.
    Therefore unlike other gaming websites, this website has an ethos of giving opinions and no company-lead bullsh1t as other websites do.

And so onto my point, which I shall try to keep brief: Giant Bomb is not Biased towards Microsoft in the slightest, as many patrons of Giant Bomb are suggesting. The dictionary definition of Bias is: a particular tendency or inclination that prevents unprejudiced consideration of a question.

And Giant Bomb is not, as far as I can see in accordance with the definition of Bias. The reasons for the calls of Bias from some of the community, is that during the past few days, more has been made by the crew on Microsoft and their announcements, than anything from Sony or Nintendo. And if you look at the surface, these people are right. There was an hour and a half spent on Microsoft and two hours split on Nintendo and Sony, on Monday and Tuesday's bombcast respectivly. And there may well have been a bit more enthusiasm about Microsoft.

BUT, in fact not only was there another press confernece covered on Monday, there were two. So okay that Microsoft got an hour, thats what Sony and Nintendo got too. And as for tone, Nintendo weren't really intresting (as always) and Sony, well Sony had already had all of the big info leaked. Indeed, both Sony and Nintendo got given the same amount of time for their content, and both had less to talk about which was NEW. I am a Sony fanboy, and although thinking Sony's press conference was the best (as with Vinny), I found that watching Microsofts, there was far more NEW news. The PSP GO, had been talked about on last weeks podcast, and if anything said wasn't up to the energised standards some people are expecting, then that can be blamed on exhaustion of walking around all day on the show floor itself (whereas on Monday they were just sitting in press confrences).

If my opinion counts, here it is, Sony's press confrenece was the best for content, but simply for surprises and things being there which needed to be, Microsoft's was better on that front. And come on guys, if someone wants to say they prefer playing games on their 360/PS3/Wii, then respect their judgement and ability to still respect other consoles.

deadly_polo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By deadly_polo

As anyone can see from my profile, blogging is not a common reason for going to this site; simply put, it is for Games. This website is different in the fact that unlike most recognised gaming websites (of which I still ferverently visit), it is written by the owners and everything is for the owner and his 3 co-workers love of video games.
    Therefore unlike other gaming websites, this website has an ethos of giving opinions and no company-lead bullsh1t as other websites do.

And so onto my point, which I shall try to keep brief: Giant Bomb is not Biased towards Microsoft in the slightest, as many patrons of Giant Bomb are suggesting. The dictionary definition of Bias is: a particular tendency or inclination that prevents unprejudiced consideration of a question.

And Giant Bomb is not, as far as I can see in accordance with the definition of Bias. The reasons for the calls of Bias from some of the community, is that during the past few days, more has been made by the crew on Microsoft and their announcements, than anything from Sony or Nintendo. And if you look at the surface, these people are right. There was an hour and a half spent on Microsoft and two hours split on Nintendo and Sony, on Monday and Tuesday's bombcast respectivly. And there may well have been a bit more enthusiasm about Microsoft.

BUT, in fact not only was there another press confernece covered on Monday, there were two. So okay that Microsoft got an hour, thats what Sony and Nintendo got too. And as for tone, Nintendo weren't really intresting (as always) and Sony, well Sony had already had all of the big info leaked. Indeed, both Sony and Nintendo got given the same amount of time for their content, and both had less to talk about which was NEW. I am a Sony fanboy, and although thinking Sony's press conference was the best (as with Vinny), I found that watching Microsofts, there was far more NEW news. The PSP GO, had been talked about on last weeks podcast, and if anything said wasn't up to the energised standards some people are expecting, then that can be blamed on exhaustion of walking around all day on the show floor itself (whereas on Monday they were just sitting in press confrences).

If my opinion counts, here it is, Sony's press confrenece was the best for content, but simply for surprises and things being there which needed to be, Microsoft's was better on that front. And come on guys, if someone wants to say they prefer playing games on their 360/PS3/Wii, then respect their judgement and ability to still respect other consoles.

cspiffo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By cspiffo

Thanks,

That was a very nice and balance argument.

Ross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By Ross

Well said sir.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By mordukai

Cool Runnings man, Very well put. 

Death_Unicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5  Edited By Death_Unicorn

Yes. You have described it perfectly.

deadly_polo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By deadly_polo

thanks, i thought i should try and give my 2 cents

maxszy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By maxszy

Impressive, most impressive.

Very well done.

1_879_116_9420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By 1_879_116_9420
    PSP Go was fully revealed before, with pictures of the hardware, features, and the Gran Turismo game was announced I think in 2004 when the PSP itself was.

Microsoft's camera was already rumored, as well as Molyneux's new game, but here they were exposed, and really impressive. Plus MS had more multiplatform games as part of their show, like The Beatles themselves showing up for the MS conference even though the game is on the other systems, too. And Modern Warfare got a big demo during Microsoft's show.

Metal Gear Rising is multiplatform, but having a 360 edition is a bigger deal than yet another Sony MGS game.

Plus GS/Giantbomb favorite Kudo showed up and said "Bam!", which is almost as good as J Allard showing up dressed emo.

So yeah, no wonder MS had a good showing.
    Avatar image for addictedtopinescent
    addictedtopinescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Well done 

Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By Ineedaname

Jeff said himself at the start of a recent bombcast, they're more 360 biased

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.