Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

E3 2010

Concept »

The 2010 Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) took place at the Los Angeles Convention Center in Los Angeles, California on June 15-17.

EA's E3 2010 Press Conference Live Blog

BradNicholson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By BradNicholson

Electronic Arts is set to reveal and demo a range of products ahead of the E3 floor festivities at its E3 2010 press conference. What will we see? A lot of sports, for sure, and possibly a new look at games like Crysis 2 and Dead Space 2. 

If you don't want to miss anything, check just below for our live blog of the event. It should be fun. No promises, though. 

== TEASER == All updates will be made in ascending order.           

[3:30 PM] It's over. Man, I kinda want to play Medal of Honor right now. 

[3:28 PM] The show is wrapping up.  

[3:25 PM] Bioware really knows how to put together a trailer. They're currently showing a super dramatic, all CG tease for Knights of the Old Republic. The game, the last time I played it several months ago, could do nothing like what I'm seeing here.

[3:22 PM] PvP is being talked about. The first warzone will be fought on Alderaan. You'll be able to choose sides in these fights--Sith or Jedi.  

[3:21 PM] Every player will get his or her own starship in Knights of the Old Republic. Player ships will represent "a right of passage." 

[3:15 PM] Light talk of the points combination system has prefaced a live demo fo the game. If you've watched any Bulletstorm footage, you know what's going on here.  

[3:13 PM] Game hits February 22nd. 

[3:12 PM] Cliff just walked on-stage. "Mr. Self Destruct" was his theme. Anyway, they're about to demo Bulletstorm. 

[3:04 PM] The demo takes place in Central Station. We see the protag fighting a massive robot by running around and grabbing convenient rocket launcher rounds. It ends as a Hummer runs drives through to pull you out. 3D announced for all 3 platforms: the PC, 360, and PS3.  

[3:03 PM] Crytek's Cevat Yerli takes the stage. He's about to demo Crysis 2. 

[3:01 PM] EA Partners program getting pumped. Jason West and Frank Zampella were just introduced. Two games are about to be announced. 

[2:59 PM] Rather, Sims 3 console.   

[2:55 PM] Ah, it's a The Sims bit for My Sims 3.    

[2:55 PM] Some dude walked onto the stage and started talking about free will.  

[2:54 PM] Moore likes the word "authentic." 

[2:51 PM] For the record, Bethea wouldn't let Reggie Bush shred him like that. (They're demoing a Colts-versus-Saints game with this automated GameFlow system.

[2:50 PM] Peter Moore just said "paradigm shift." Also, Joe Montana just walked on-stage. They're set to demo a gameplan mechanic. 

[2:49 PM] 3 vs 3 co-op team played confirmed.  

[2:48 PM] Madden 11 about to be shown. "It's as accessible as it is authentic." "Simpler, quicker, and deeper." Choking on a laugh over here.  

[2:46 PM] Your fitness progress and workout data will be automatically dropped onto EA.com with the high-def versions of the game. Seems...a little invasive.

[2:43 PM] ...And we're back! EA MMA will have some sort of EA.com-tied system that allows you to send video messages to dudes and show your fights to others. I guess promoters can also showcase good fighters' fights.  Also, EA Sports Active 2 is being demoed. The heart-rate monitor is being shown. Guess what? It monitors your heart-rate.

[2:34 PM] A downlodable expansion pack for Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is coming. It's called "Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Vietnam." It's hitting this winter.

[2:33 PM] EA is announcing something called Gun Club. It's a cross-game rewards system that will also give subscribers access to breaking news and early demo play, early beta play, and unlockable guns.

[2:30 PM] Multiplayer beta will kick off on June 21st in North America.   

[2:28 PM] EA is showing the action on 24 separate screens. Not sure if that's the best way to present this game. But I can definitely tell that this is an EA DICE developed joint.    

[2:26 PM] We're seeing a Team Deathmatch mode, a live 24-person demo. The demo takes place in Kabul. Being described as a close-range map. 

[2:25 PM]  "The next big step towards taking back the quality bar of the first-person shooter genre." This is what the EA brass on-stage is saying of the impending Medal of Honor demo. 

[2:24 PM] Issac pushes through the Church. Now he's in Sprawl proper, getting drilled by a space ship or something. I'm seeing QTE prompts as he struggles against the barrage of bullets. 

[2:22 PM] I'm seeing those quiet little walking sections again--the ones where you're about 99-percent sure something terrible is going to happen, but it doesn't.

[2:20 PM]  He's in Sprawl's Church of Unitology. It sorta has a Gothic feel to it. As he proceeds through it's hallways, monsters are jumping out from behind columns. 

[2:19 PM] Demo kicks off with Isaac fighting a four-legged Necromorph, as seen in the last bit of footage we put up on the site. After beating back the monster, Isaac is bum-rushed by a bunch of little Necromorphs which sorta look like the knife-babies in the original Silent Hill. You know, those small walking monsters at the very beginning of the game in the alley? Yeah, those.

[2:18 PM] Dead Space 2 demo coming. "Dark creepy atmospheres" and "highly gruesome action sequences" promised. Isaac is taking the action to the Necromorphs.

[2:17 PM]  Demo ends as cop dude slams racer dude with his car. Launches November 17.

[2:15 PM] Pretending as if I've never played a NFS Speed title, I'm not quite sure what I'm seeing here. It's just a dude with a cop car playing cat and mouse with a driver. The music is intense though. I feel like someone is about to put a hook and drop a bomb in an AT-ST's belly.

[2:14 PM] Showing a two-player competition in a live demo. One player is a cop, the other is a racer.  

[2:12 PM] A re-imagined Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit trailer opened the conference. It's being developed by Criterion. It will have a feature called "auto-log," which is essentially a social network. You can check out what you're friends are doing and set up competitions.  

[2:06 PM] Nothing yet, sirs.

BradNicholson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By BradNicholson

Electronic Arts is set to reveal and demo a range of products ahead of the E3 floor festivities at its E3 2010 press conference. What will we see? A lot of sports, for sure, and possibly a new look at games like Crysis 2 and Dead Space 2. 

If you don't want to miss anything, check just below for our live blog of the event. It should be fun. No promises, though. 

== TEASER == All updates will be made in ascending order.           

[3:30 PM] It's over. Man, I kinda want to play Medal of Honor right now. 

[3:28 PM] The show is wrapping up.  

[3:25 PM] Bioware really knows how to put together a trailer. They're currently showing a super dramatic, all CG tease for Knights of the Old Republic. The game, the last time I played it several months ago, could do nothing like what I'm seeing here.

[3:22 PM] PvP is being talked about. The first warzone will be fought on Alderaan. You'll be able to choose sides in these fights--Sith or Jedi.  

[3:21 PM] Every player will get his or her own starship in Knights of the Old Republic. Player ships will represent "a right of passage." 

[3:15 PM] Light talk of the points combination system has prefaced a live demo fo the game. If you've watched any Bulletstorm footage, you know what's going on here.  

[3:13 PM] Game hits February 22nd. 

[3:12 PM] Cliff just walked on-stage. "Mr. Self Destruct" was his theme. Anyway, they're about to demo Bulletstorm. 

[3:04 PM] The demo takes place in Central Station. We see the protag fighting a massive robot by running around and grabbing convenient rocket launcher rounds. It ends as a Hummer runs drives through to pull you out. 3D announced for all 3 platforms: the PC, 360, and PS3.  

[3:03 PM] Crytek's Cevat Yerli takes the stage. He's about to demo Crysis 2. 

[3:01 PM] EA Partners program getting pumped. Jason West and Frank Zampella were just introduced. Two games are about to be announced. 

[2:59 PM] Rather, Sims 3 console.   

[2:55 PM] Ah, it's a The Sims bit for My Sims 3.    

[2:55 PM] Some dude walked onto the stage and started talking about free will.  

[2:54 PM] Moore likes the word "authentic." 

[2:51 PM] For the record, Bethea wouldn't let Reggie Bush shred him like that. (They're demoing a Colts-versus-Saints game with this automated GameFlow system.

[2:50 PM] Peter Moore just said "paradigm shift." Also, Joe Montana just walked on-stage. They're set to demo a gameplan mechanic. 

[2:49 PM] 3 vs 3 co-op team played confirmed.  

[2:48 PM] Madden 11 about to be shown. "It's as accessible as it is authentic." "Simpler, quicker, and deeper." Choking on a laugh over here.  

[2:46 PM] Your fitness progress and workout data will be automatically dropped onto EA.com with the high-def versions of the game. Seems...a little invasive.

[2:43 PM] ...And we're back! EA MMA will have some sort of EA.com-tied system that allows you to send video messages to dudes and show your fights to others. I guess promoters can also showcase good fighters' fights.  Also, EA Sports Active 2 is being demoed. The heart-rate monitor is being shown. Guess what? It monitors your heart-rate.

[2:34 PM] A downlodable expansion pack for Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is coming. It's called "Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Vietnam." It's hitting this winter.

[2:33 PM] EA is announcing something called Gun Club. It's a cross-game rewards system that will also give subscribers access to breaking news and early demo play, early beta play, and unlockable guns.

[2:30 PM] Multiplayer beta will kick off on June 21st in North America.   

[2:28 PM] EA is showing the action on 24 separate screens. Not sure if that's the best way to present this game. But I can definitely tell that this is an EA DICE developed joint.    

[2:26 PM] We're seeing a Team Deathmatch mode, a live 24-person demo. The demo takes place in Kabul. Being described as a close-range map. 

[2:25 PM]  "The next big step towards taking back the quality bar of the first-person shooter genre." This is what the EA brass on-stage is saying of the impending Medal of Honor demo. 

[2:24 PM] Issac pushes through the Church. Now he's in Sprawl proper, getting drilled by a space ship or something. I'm seeing QTE prompts as he struggles against the barrage of bullets. 

[2:22 PM] I'm seeing those quiet little walking sections again--the ones where you're about 99-percent sure something terrible is going to happen, but it doesn't.

[2:20 PM]  He's in Sprawl's Church of Unitology. It sorta has a Gothic feel to it. As he proceeds through it's hallways, monsters are jumping out from behind columns. 

[2:19 PM] Demo kicks off with Isaac fighting a four-legged Necromorph, as seen in the last bit of footage we put up on the site. After beating back the monster, Isaac is bum-rushed by a bunch of little Necromorphs which sorta look like the knife-babies in the original Silent Hill. You know, those small walking monsters at the very beginning of the game in the alley? Yeah, those.

[2:18 PM] Dead Space 2 demo coming. "Dark creepy atmospheres" and "highly gruesome action sequences" promised. Isaac is taking the action to the Necromorphs.

[2:17 PM]  Demo ends as cop dude slams racer dude with his car. Launches November 17.

[2:15 PM] Pretending as if I've never played a NFS Speed title, I'm not quite sure what I'm seeing here. It's just a dude with a cop car playing cat and mouse with a driver. The music is intense though. I feel like someone is about to put a hook and drop a bomb in an AT-ST's belly.

[2:14 PM] Showing a two-player competition in a live demo. One player is a cop, the other is a racer.  

[2:12 PM] A re-imagined Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit trailer opened the conference. It's being developed by Criterion. It will have a feature called "auto-log," which is essentially a social network. You can check out what you're friends are doing and set up competitions.  

[2:06 PM] Nothing yet, sirs.

Avatar image for mercurycrusader
    MercuryCrusader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By MercuryCrusader

Can't wait for more sequels! 
    seanvail99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By seanvail99

News is coming fast and hard!

andrewhandshoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By andrewhandshoe

Really hoping for something unexpected. Mirrors Edge 2 would make me happy.

ReyGitano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#5  Edited By ReyGitano

I'm still writing up stuff from microsoft

Foil1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Foil1212

What about the Portal 2 surprise?

sizu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By sizu

hopefully criterion games' NFS will be there. 

Fingers crossed it will be good, esp after their Burnout games.

PLWolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By PLWolf

Come on RB3!!

Psi_FX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By Psi_FX

Yes EA!!!

BunkerBuster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#10  Edited By BunkerBuster

Hopefully this one will be about games and not useless peripherals.

ztiworoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ztiworoh

I'm assuming this is where we'd get any Bioware announcements yes?

Pyccko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By Pyccko

Oh man, I didn't even think of Mirror's Edge 2. That'd be awesome.

Ghostfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Ghostfish

Let's see what EA gives out to top Microsoft.  Free development studio for everyone!  ...Which gets immediately closed down.

wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By wolf_blitzer85

Kind of excited about this.

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Dany

ME2 expansion pack!

SSX5!

Danteveli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 30

#16  Edited By Danteveli

hope it will be great

soralapio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By soralapio
    @TheWolf619 said:
    " Come on RB3!! "
    Somehow I have a feeling we'll see something about that game ;)
    nasadigital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By nasadigital

Where can i watch this?

makkyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By makkyb

YEAHH!!!   

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Milkman
    @Foil1212 said:
    " What about the Portal 2 surprise? "
    Pretty sure that will be separate.
    Dizzyhippos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Dizzyhippos
    @Dany:  ME3 would be better
    BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#22  Edited By BeachThunder
    @nasadigital: http://www.gametrailers.com/e3/livefeed/ea 
    rentfn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By rentfn

woooo can't wait for facts and figures.

tallTuck94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By tallTuck94

http://www.ea.com/1/e3-live
    watch it here

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Milkman
    @nasadigital said:
    " Where can i watch this? "
    GameTrailers. G4. 1UP.
    Titl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Titl

http://e3.g4tv.com/e32010/pressconference/ea/61/

Live stream of the conference..

TheClap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By TheClap

Keep the MGMT playing, EA!

MisterMouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#28  Edited By MisterMouse

Hopefully EA has something awesome in store.

Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Venatio

Gametrailers feed has awesome waiting music

eljay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#30  Edited By eljay

Can Medal of Honor beat CoD in the award for most explosions per minute in their trailer?
    Downandout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Downandout
    @tallTuck94: or here: www.youtube.com/e3
    Zimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Zimbo

I hope Bioware show something. Or maybe DICE. Battlefield 3 anyone??

Avatar image for bulletproofmonk
    BulletproofMonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By BulletproofMonk

Dead Space 2 bitches!

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Dany
    @Dizzyhippos said:
    " @Dany:  ME3 would be better "
    Maybe a teaser for next fall???
    JoshB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By JoshB

I've really been enjoying EA's creativity, can't wait for this conference.

Jayzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Jayzilla

i am looking forwqard to this conference based solely on the fact that there is no possible way for it to be worse than that pile of tripe that was the Microsoft Wii-Hash Conference.

warmonked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By warmonked

need autorefresh option!

Grianspog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Grianspog

Rad soundtrack

mab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By mab

I hope they show some sweet cool video games.

ztiworoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By ztiworoh
    @Venatio: Pretty sure the music is actually via EA but yes, good selection... i would listen to EA Press Conference Radio
    Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Milkman

MAKING MOMMA SO PROUD

Demonstride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Demonstride
    @Grianspog said:
    " Rad soundtrack "
    Indeed it is.
    BagSquad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By BagSquad

mgmt sucks
     OH HELL YES HOT PURSUIT

Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Venatio
    @ztiworoh said:
    " @Venatio: Pretty sure the music is actually via EA but yes, good selection... i would listen to EA Press Conference Radio "
    Yeah I meant EA, wrote gametrailers in a rush =)
    Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Jimbo

Go time.

Spence_5060

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Spence_5060

Just heard they've got e3 in this

wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By wolf_blitzer85

Aww shit NFS!!!!!! 

Edit: So I jizzed all over when I saw Hot Pursuit,

ztiworoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By ztiworoh

Is this the Criterion NFS game?

TheJoker138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By TheJoker138

I really hope this is better than MS.

Dizzyhippos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Dizzyhippos

Cops in veyrons thats pretty good

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.