Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

E3 2010

Concept »

The 2010 Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) took place at the Los Angeles Convention Center in Los Angeles, California on June 15-17.

New games announced at E3 that you are excited about?

AnimalFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By AnimalFather

Name them. For me it was Project Dust.

Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Venatio

Were there really any good announcements? I'll say Journey

Ramyun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Ramyun

Portal 2. Obviously. 
    But if you're talking about games that were just announced at E3, I would actually have to say Sorcery maybe just in terms of what I think that game could be if they polish it up and Donkey Kong Country Returns. It's making a compelling case for me to get a Wii.....

Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Pinworm45

none 

life sucks.

unchained

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By unchained
    Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#6  Edited By Rhaknar

E3 barely had any announcements. But games shown at E3, i give you this!

Top 20 most anticipated games after watching E3 2010

E3 2010 has come and gone, and with it, a ton of new games were shown.These are the Top 20 games I'm most looking forward to after seeing all the videos and whatnot, they are basically the 20 games that if I could have in my hand right now, I would give up my left kidney. This could easily be a Top 30 or Top 40, but let's leave it at 20. Here we go!

1. Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

I'm a huge fighting game fan, and the last year and half has been a great time with the resurgence of fighting games in a big way. It's only going to continue in 2011, and while I had a hard time deciding between this or MK for the number 1 spot, I always liked capcom fighters more so in the end it was a no brainer. Plus, this has Deadpool in it. Bang bang bang bang bang!!

2. Mortal Kombat

Same reason as above, and I'm not even that big a MK fan. I mean I like it, but I couldn't tell you how to do most (any?) fatalities or anything. that being said, this is looking amazing, and looks to do for MK what SF4 did for Street Fighter. Oh and it's back the way Mk is meant to be, gory and violent. Can't wait to play it.

3. Metal Gear Solid: Rising

Holy shit that trailer was awesome. It's so high on the list solely based on a trailer, but I was just blown away by what some are calling a gimmick, and what I call the greatest mechanic ever in a action game. Zan Datsu looks amazingly fun to use, and the game looks beautiful. If you can really cut as much stuff in the environment as the trailer teases, this will be insane!

4. Bulletstorm

Even tho I'm a bit burned out on first person shooters (as I'll prove later on), this game just looks so crazy and fun I had to put it so high on the list. Looks great, the characters look cool (although some people don't like the humor), but it's the gameplay with the over the top action and violence that has me. Oh, and the fact that it has colors other hand gray and brown helps. that's a big thing with me :P

5. Gears of War 3

I'm a Gears fanboy. It's one of few games I can safely say I'm a fanboy of, fighting games, and Gears. I don't even play multi plkayer, but there's just something about the Gears games that I love. The gameplay, the characters, the universe, the look, everything just clicks with me in a way most games don't. Gears 3 looks more of the say, just better, with huge open areas and a bunch of new enemies. Can't wait to finish the trilogy.

6. Fable III

Fable 2 was my favorite game of 2008. It was also one of my favorite games ever, and I can't even explain why, there was just something about it. This is still one of my most wanted games, but the short E3 trailer at the MS press conference did nothing for me strangely, so it gets knocked down some spots.

7. inFAMOUS 2

This game is here solely on the virtues of the first game, because Infamous was one of my favorite games of 2009. But the Infamous 2 trailer really didn't do anything for me, and I HATE what they have done with Cole. they should have just made him a new character, because that isn't Cole. Still, my love of Infamous 1 and faith in Sucker Punch makes this be high up on the list.

8. Enslaved: Odyssey to the West

Here's where the list gets a bit weird...what can I say, I like weird stuff. Enslaved, made by Ninja Theory (the makers of Heavenly Sword) looks like a great action adventure game with a really cool, Ico style hook to it. You always have a female partner with you who you have to protect, but she also helps in puzzles and action parts, like distracting enemies or stunning them with EMP. Great looking universe (hey more colors!), great concept, I hope it all pans out. Huge hopes for this.

9. Pirates of the Caribbean: Armada of the Damned

Another weird choice perhaps, but this sounds awesome. Action RPG in the POTC universe, with a very Fable style look to it, combat, platforming, exploration, quests, crazy spells, morality system that changes how you and your ship look, naval battles... my only fear is that it sounds too good to be true. I hope not!

10. Dead Space 2

Much like Infamous 2, the reason this is high up on the list is because I loved the first game. Dead Space 2 looks fine, but it's not clicking with me like the first did. Still, my love for the first game makes me want the sequel bad, and I'm sure I'll get more excited as I see new footage later on. Or I hope I do at least.

11. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier

Another game I had no expectation for and the live demo blew me away. I loved the look of the game, the concept (you play a freaking predator!), and I loved past GRAW games so I'm hoping this could be really good. Hopefully the mix of stealth and action works well.

12. Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

I'm a big fan of the previous 2 Assassin's Creed games (yes, even the first), so I'm automatically interested in this. But the E3 demo really surprised me with the huge set piece shown (something I thought the previous 2 lacked), and the word on the multiplayer is that it's actually really good, so even tho I don't play multiplayer usually, I might give it a try, sounds different enough.

13. Shank

the first DLC game in my list, and also the first 2D game on the list, and it looks amazing. A 2D Devil May Cry style game, it has great artwork, amazing graphics (something that all 3 dlc games in my list share), and the action looks really cool (and violent!). Really interested in seeing more.

14. Castlevania: Lords of Shadow

Yes, it looks like God Of War / Dante's Inferno. But I don't care, I'm not one of those persons that thinks there can only be one game of each genre...especially since I finished GOW3 in 8 hours. Castlevania is looking great, and the action looks pretty good so far, with the whip replacing Krato's chain swords or Dante's scythe in a cool way. The item system from the old games also seems to be in this one, so all I hope is that the level design is cool and there's lot's of cool bosses.

15. Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom

The second "single player co-op game" in my list (after Enslaved), Majin looks like a great action adventure game. I love the look of the game (very Team Ico-esque in my opinion) and the gameplay from E3 already show a lot of cool puzzle interactions with the monster, but also action ones (he always fights alongside you, unlike the chick in Enslaved). I'm really in a third person action adventure vibe lately, and this covers all the bases with me.

16. Rage

Even though I'm a bit burned out on first person shooters, this game just looks too awesome. Maybe I'm just burned out on space marines (since killzone 3 and halo reach are doing nothing for me), or maybe it's just my love of Borderlands, which this game "borrows" a lot of it's look from (let's not get into a discussion of who started first, that's not the point), but this game is just looking better and better. Hopefully the shooting and driving blend well, and the weapon creation (like the RC car bomb) is as deep as they tease it.

17. Portal 2

The third game on this list that is only here because of my love for the first one, what little they have shown of Portal 2 did absolutely nothing for me. Ok, I guess Glados's voice was cool. But hearing about the many new mechanics in the game makes me think if they are not over complicating the simple formula of the first game. But I guess that for a fully fledged sequel they had to. Hopefully it won't disappoint.

18. Red Faction: Armageddon

This is a series that will always have a special place in my heart because Red Faction 1 was the game that got me into first person shooters (I was never a PC player), but at the same time, it's a series where I have very mixed feelings about. The second was nowhere near as good as the first one, and last year's Guerrilla was a game I really wanted to love but I just couldn't get into. That being sad the gameplay trailers for Armageddon look awesome, going back udnerground and focusing more on shooting than on open world stuff. And that magnet gun looks crazy!

19. Dust: An Elysian Tail

The second DLC game on my list, this came out of nowhere and knocked me for a loop. AMAZING 2D art (seriously, the game looks fucking gorgeous), and more 2D side scrolling action goodness (where Shank mixes shooting and brawling, this looks like a pure brawler, or "slasher"), I have high hopes for this and really want to see more.

20. Hard Corps: Uprising

Last but not least, the third DLC game in my list is another 2D stunner, this time made by the dudes behind the 2D art in Blazblue, so you know it looks awesome. It's basically a new Contra, with anime style characters, and it looks great. My only fear is that like most Contra games, it will be really short. But we'll see, for now I'm excited.

gunslingerNZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By gunslingerNZ

For games newly announced it would have to be Journey and Kirby's Epic Yarn. I'm cautiously optimistic for the new Twisted Metal as well.

simian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By simian

I suppose if we're going purely by games I hadn't heard about prior to E3, it would be Dance Central. If it's games that I had heard about but not seen anything meaningful (e.g gameplay) it would be Assassins Creed: Brotherhood, MGS Rising and Gears of War 3.

Kovie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Kovie

I have high hopes for Deus Ex, myself.

callumbay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By callumbay

Although it was announced prior to the event, they showed the first trailer for Motorstorm Apocalypse and I'm really looking forward to that, looks great. I love the Motorstorm games... :) But I really like the look of Kid Icarus (even if his voice is a little irritating...), and Kirby's Epic Yarn, and Epic Mickey, and DK Country Returns, and Zelda... Basically everything Nintendo announced, bar maybe Just Dance 2 and Mario's Sport Mix... :p

face15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By face15

There somehow managed to be not a single announcement that I am excited about, still there are heaps that had already been revealed that E3 has got me more excited about.  
    And also, is it just me or is the second half of this year looking really empty? Most of the games I can think of that I'm excited for are 2011.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By FluxWaveZ

Devil's Third.

TheMasterDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#13  Edited By TheMasterDS
    ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#14  Edited By ProfessorEss

There's a lot I'm excited about that was shown there, but nothing I didn't already know about.

I will say I'm MORE excited about Metal Gear Solid Rising.
    I'm optimistic about Twisted Metal, but worried about it at the same time.

Cornman89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Cornman89

Journey. And I don't even have a PS3.

The 3DS looks quite promising as well.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.