Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

E3 2010

Concept »

The 2010 Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) took place at the Los Angeles Convention Center in Los Angeles, California on June 15-17.

This year's E3 we all win!

Bahamut_Mega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Bahamut_Mega

As the time to E3 was coming I found myself not looking forward to it. I was saying things such as "2011 will be a dark year for video games". I'm glad to see that I was wrong. I thought this year was only going to be about 3D, Playstation Move, FPS games, and other things that I could care less about as a gamer. I was even looking down on the 3DS. However, this didn't stop me from watching everything I could when it came to E3. I thought this was going to be the year that video games would burn and fall.   

So as I sat there and watched  E3 on my PC, I had a notepad  file up as I always do so that I can write down the games that I plan on buying in the upcoming year. ( I do this each year with E3 ). I thought the only game that would make it on my list this year would be LBP2. But as the hours passed, I found the size of my list growing in game titles and KBs. And all of the games on my list didn't have anything to do with 3D or Playstation Move.  

That's when it hit me... This is the year that everyone wins. It took more then 30 years, but I really think this will be the year that we move gaming out of the dark bedrooms and into the livingroom. This is the year where us gamers will be competing with our mothers, fathers, little brothers, and sisters to see who has the highest gamer score in the house. 

Now that I have told you my E3 story I would like to see what the rest of you here on Giant Bomb think about this idea of "This is the year we all win"

xaLieNxGrEyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By xaLieNxGrEyx

You have described the death of gaming, and brought upon a forseeable apocalypse.

ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By ch13696

You're not the only one. I thought the 3DS would be a downfall once they show it off. But from what I'm hearing, the tech is great. And the games will be incredible. MGS Snake Eater, Golden Sun, Kid Icarus, and Kingdom Hearts. 

Malkavian_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Malkavian_

Honestly, I'm not really interested in motion control gaming. But I do believe that we all win because there are a TON of great looking games on the way. I've never really felt the need to buy a Wii. But Nintendo's press conference got me excited about the return of a bunch of old franchises I used to play. Good E3 all around!

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9398c1300c7
    deactivated-5f9398c1300c7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

All of this casual gaming brings hope to PC gaming. Unique indie and hardcore games will be released for the PC, now that cheap and noob-friendly casual games will be at home with the consoles.

Bahamut_Mega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Bahamut_Mega
    @Tru3_Blu3:
    I'm not so sure about that what I saw at E3 showed me that the "hard core" games can live together with the "noob-friendly casual games"
    Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Jimbo

I enjoyed Giant Bomb's coverage of E3 more than I will enjoy anything they covered.  There were a few games I wouldn't mind playing (Bulletstorm, Hot Pursuit, Assassin's Creed, Fable), but I can't think of anything that made me think "I must have that game right now!".

I certainly didn't come out of it thinking "We all win!".  We are slowly but surely losing out to the casual market, and on 'our' side of the market they seem almost completely devoid of ideas and/or the nerve to try anything a bit risky.  All of the new development and fresh ideas are aimed squarely at that other market.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By iam3green

i didn't really like E3 this year. it seem to all be about motion controls. i do not like them to much i enjoy my controller or keyboard and mouse.

Avatar image for deactivated-590b7522e5236
    deactivated-590b7522e5236

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@Bahamut_Mega:

Everything you said in the 3rd paragraph sounds horrible.

Dpower94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Dpower94
    @iam3green said:
    " i didn't really like E3 this year. it seem to all be about motion controls. i do not like them to much i enjoy my controller or keyboard and mouse. "
    Same here, I had a lack of interest in pretty much everything shown this year. All the Kinect stuff seemed to be "not for me" material, and since I didn't personally experience a 3DS, i have no idea what that's really like. The traditional games were not in full force this year, and for a guy that doesn't buy a lot of games, it was hard to decide which of these games was worth one of my few purchases in the coming year.
    RBolduc625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By RBolduc625

And here I thought that there wasn't going to be too much coming out this year that i was interested in... i guess i'm gonna be poor again this year.

Bahamut_Mega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Bahamut_Mega
    @Jimbo:
    You may be right when it comes to PC or XBOX360 but, Sony is still making new IPs that show off something new and take a real risk. Titles such as Heavy Rain, and Little Big Planet 1 & 2. 

And yes when the kids that are growing up on systems such as the Wii get old enough to have jobs and become the major market. Us "Old school" or "Hard core" gamers will die out and become a thing of the past :( 

But for now I say we still have a few good years left in us. And a few years left as the target market for video game sales.
    Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#13  Edited By Claude

I loved this year. The hardcore casual crowd like me got something and in the end, I hope see more from the motion controls. The first gen of motion controls hasn't even arrived yet for the Xbox 360 and PS3, but the Move seems to be for me. I already have an Xbox 360, but when I buy a PS3 it will most definitely be with a Move. I'm not sold on Kinect yet, we'll see. 

My Wii still serves me well, love the Motion Plus that came out last year. Looking forward to more from Nintendo in that front along with other cool games.

Bahamut_Mega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Bahamut_Mega
    @Claude:
    "hardcore casual" That's a term I haven't heard yet. Everyone meet Claude who is trying to bridge the gap between two waring factions. I wish you a LOT of luck, my friend you have undertaken one hell of a quest.
    FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By FrankCanada97

" Because every gamer, is a true gamer. Motion gamer, sitting gamers. Everyone. And though we may pledge fanboy allegiance to different flags, deep down inside we all serve one master. One king. And his name, is GAMING! FOREVER MAY HE REIGN!!! "

I felt that everyone got what they wanted from E3, just in numbers that they weren't expecting.
    Bahamut_Mega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Bahamut_Mega
    @FrankCanada97:
    Thank you for dropping the greatest quote in gaming history!. And that is the bases for my idea of this year's E3 everyone wins
    gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#17  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

I've said it quite a bit; for everything that people disliked about E3 this year, I think most people found at least something that really excited them. I for one had an excellent time following E3 this year and can't wait for some of the stuff I've seen.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.