Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

E3 2013

Concept »

The nineteenth annual Electronic Entertainment Expo took place at the Los Angeles Convention Center on June 11-13, 2013.

E3 leak*: E3 conferences (general info)

• 118 results
    FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By FluxWaveZ

The reason this is an "E3 leak" with an asterisk is because the source of it isn't official in any way. It comes from a NeoGAF user by the name of "crazy buttocks on a train" who types with godawful grammar (purposeful to not be used as a source by the media and so that his identity remains unknown), but who apparently has a 100% record for his leaks (which is why he's still allowed to make his threads).

Translation of what he has to say goes like this:

^_^ confiemed micresft actively attemptbuyinr PS44FOUR nonmetnions. IF y dont explifitly here 3rdparty say “OUR GAME IS EXCLUSIVE FOR XBONE’ confdinetly assuem Ps4 version is avabilelbe behind scenes. #truthfact

Microsoft is paying third parties to not mention PS4 versions a la Sony and Diablo 3 (until they just announced it for 360 a day or two ago). If a game is not explicitly said to be Xbox One exclusive, it isn't.

---

^_^ stag2 indethpth drm mesaging a@t gamescom. rental stretegy is no stratgy, nolpan for support, just watnt o keep quiet. nontalk execs! beacuse mesaging isnt done. stagae1 waslast Tursyfday...clusterfuktotal

Microsoft has no strategy or support plan for game rentals. They will also talk more about their DRM at GamesCom.

---

^_^ cloudpower=praroleofficer. desined from day1@s DRM. peirod. uknoo this alreyad thogh.,, MS idaea. aproached third parties wplan not otherway around. EA/Ubi bigest boostrs but lesa Activbliz whcih makes mye haed fulll of weird#!

The cloud is primarily a DRM tool. Microsoft approached third parties with this plan instead of them requesting it. EA and Ubisoft love it, but Activision isn't nearly as supportive.

---

^_^ ONE drm tos plans iws worse than you know. asmnow btw but I can;t get cororobating proof frrorm my fpeoples. theyr sadcared for jobs. it s com*ing tho IT IS COMING ):

The Xbox One's DRM is worse than we know, but no one will explain exactly how to CBOAT yet.

---

^_^ MEedge2 at MS conf. langlewdell not mkaign an appearnce.

Mirror's Edge will appear at Microsoft's conference, but Tim Langdell won't be there (he's the trademark troll).

---

^_^ princeofpersian retgurgiate. for msfconf

A regurgitated Prince of Persia game will be at Microsoft's press conference.

---

^_^ sspecial sekrit Philupspensergame/? - world of banks frmo warmggamin.et

World of Tanks is coming to Xbox One. Phil Spencer is very happy about this.

---

^_^ LIVEpaywallfirm like myb utocks in place for ONEE!1 f2p? sorury.

You need Xbox Live Gold to play f2p games.

---

^_^ deadreising3 and exclcusive DLC for other capcpom game

Dead Rising 3 and exclusive DLC for another Capcom game are at the Xbox One conference.

---

^_^ onlingamingpayo.w.-allklk for Sony? ahha nope.noconfirm

There is no paywall for Sony's online.

---

^_^ sonty rapped up tighterrea than Virgin mosquito when on drm istuf. Frustartin!g myinfogloves!

Sony won't talk about DRM at all. CBOAT doesn't know their DRM plan.

All of this remains to be seen but, again, this person has an impeccable record for these things and has been a NeoGAF user for years (Xbox 360 specs, NPD data...) so I think it's important to not overlook what he has to say.

One point, at least, that I think we should consider is the fact that if during the Microsoft conference a game isn't explicitly mentioned as an Xbox One exclusive although a PS4 version isn't mentioned, there's a good chance a PS4 version exists.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Not reading any of this. TOMORROW, PEOPLE.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Reading that made my head hurt.

As for the cloud didnt MS say it would make the system more powerfull or something

shinjin977

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By shinjin977

CBOAT is a known trusted source and yes his record is anywhere from 95-100% accurate. I believe this. Most of this stuff we more of less know already, but that ps4 drm thing have me worry a little bit but I guess it is just that they are tight-lip instead of DRM confirm so I still have some hope.

Avatar image for connerthekewlkid
    connerthekewlkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What other stuff has he always been correct on?

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

some of that is real goddamm disgusting that microsoft is rolling like that IF its true

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@toowalrus said:

Why have tomorrow what you can have NOW?

As for the cloud didnt MS say it would make the system more powerfull or something

"The infinite power of the cloud?" Nah, I completely believe that a focus on cloud support is primarily a DRM tool.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#8  Edited By BeachThunder

Mirror's Edge, Mirror's Edge, Mirror's Edge, Mirror's Edge, Mirror's Edge, Mirror's Edge, Mirror's Edge, Mirror's Edge.

^_^

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

Banjo 4 is what I need.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Darji

@mrfluke said:

some of that is real goddamm disgusting that microsoft is rolling like that IF its true

They do this all the time Sony and Microsoft but this time it is a bit more extreme because of all the DRM stuff.

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@toowalrus said:

Why have tomorrow what you can have NOW?

@the_laughing_man said:

"The infinite power of the cloud?" Nah, I completely believe that a focus on cloud support is primarily a DRM tool.

Isnt that a bit of a big lie to tell on live T.V?

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

you need xbox live for free to play games.

IF thats true bra fucking vo microsoft

good grief.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Darji

@mrfluke said:

you need xbox live for free to play games.

IF thats true bra fucking vo microsoft

good grief.

It is not different from before. F2P games are online so of course you need to pay. That is way Dead or Alive and Tekken Revolution is not on the 360.

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By Subjugation

Why spoil anything? People can't wait 24 hours?

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darji said:

@mrfluke said:

They do this all the time Sony and Microsoft but this time it is a bit more extreme because of all the DRM stuff.

i agree,

supposedly this Cboat guy is legit so weill see tommorow, good on sony for having the drm thing on big lockdown though.

shinjin977

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@connerthekewlkid: I think it would be faster to list what he did not leak about the current gen instead of what he did not leak. The most recent cases are the DRM feature of Xbox one, online requirement, his famous "truthfact" Xbox one supply problem with their rams and may need to downgrade. To name a few, if you want more ask some one who uses GAF, I think he is well known there.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sony is on complete lockdown so far. The only thing we know that they have a game that made a lot of peoples jaw drop already.

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Barrock

Ubisoft and EA are on board but Activision of all companies doesn't like it? Weird.

connerthekewlkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By connerthekewlkid

@connerthekewlkid: I think it would be faster to list what he did not leak about the current gen instead of what he did not leak. The most recent cases are the DRM feature of Xbox one, online requirement, his famous "truthfact" Xbox one supply problem with their rams and may need to downgrade. To name a few, if you want more ask some one who uses GAF, I think he is well known there.

And another question, why does he have to ruin the fun for everybody else? I like mystery.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@connerthekewlkid said:

Dead Rising 3 co-op, Xbox 360 specs, NDA data and other stuff that I'm too lazy to try to find.

What lie? I'm not technologically inclined, but the cloud will most likely actually aid computational efforts for game development. However, I think most believe that this isn't as significant as they claim it will be.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#21  Edited By musubi

@mrfluke: Yeah, I'm actively sick of paying for Xbox Live. I'll keep my 360 so I can play the titles that I have on there but I'm basically done buying anything new for any Microsoft platform. I'm out until they fix their ecosystem.

thebunnyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Alot of that seems really plausible....and its not really enough to spoil tomorrow

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@connerthekewlkid said:

Dead Rising 3 co-op, Xbox 360 specs, NDA data and other stuff that I'm too lazy to try to find.

@the_laughing_man said:

What lie? I'm not technologically inclined, but the cloud will most likely actually aid computational efforts for game development. However, I think most believe that this isn't as significant as they claim it will be.

THey said the system is 3 times more powerful with the cloud

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

That is some terrible post formatting.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@connerthekewlkid said:

@the_laughing_man said:

Avalanche Studios said it the best:

Rashid Sayed: Microsoft believes that the Cloud will make the Xbox One more powerful over a period of time. But there are certain hurdles given that everyone doesn’t possess a high speed internet connection. Do you feel that this is simply a reason to justify an always online environment?

Linus Blomberg (Avalanche CTO):

The cloud functionality is pushed as a marketing tool to compensate for the less favorable hardware specs. I understand why they feel they need to do this, as the specs on paper aren’t necessarily representative of the actual performance. But the way it’s presented I feel is misleading at best. It’s just common sense that sending data over an internet connection isn’t even remotely comparable to sending data over a high-speed internal memory bus.
    Of course it can be used to perform high-latency computations, but it won’t really increase your FPS or anything like that. That is not to say that the cloud functionality isn’t an advantage, it’s a great advantage! It offloads the burden of running a backend infrastructure for connected games, which is a huge win and opens up for very interesting game designs.

http://gamingbolt.com/interview-with-avalance-studios-cto-xbox-one-cloud-functionality-pushed-as-a-marketing-tool

shinjin977

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By shinjin977

@connerthekewlkid: He is the only source i trust really. All rumors if it come from him I think will be true. To answer your question, he has info people want to hear it, so he tell the people. I really see nothing wrong with that. On the Sony thing, I keep hearing people in my company whispering about something at Sony's conference but alas I am too low down the ladder to know about it. He mention nothing about that......either sony doesn't really have shit and people are just hype or they are running one hell of a tight ship over there.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@demoskinos: for me its REALLY going to depend on what exclusives they show tommorow if ill even pick up the damm thing.

but as for multiplatform games, ill definitely be buying them on ps4 as yea im sure sony has policies in works as well,

but im willing to bet on sony to have policies that are not as terrible though.

if im wrong and they are just as bad, then fuck it, im going to convert to PC.

connerthekewlkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By connerthekewlkid

@connerthekewlkid: He is the only source i trust really. All rumors if it come from him I think will be true. To answer your question, he has info people want to hear it, so he tell the people. I really see nothing wrong with that. On the Sony thing, I keep hearing people in my company whispering about something at Sony's conference but alas I am too low down the ladder to know about it. He mention nothing about that......either sony doesn't really have shit and people are just hype or they are running one hell of a tight ship over there.

Is english your first language?

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Darji

There is at least one game that made various people drop their Jaw. Keighly and Shane Bettenhausen or Ben Kuchera are three of them.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darji said:

@subjugation said:

Sony is on complete lockdown so far. The only thing we know that they have a game that made a lot of peoples jaw drop already.

has it been confirmed that its a sony game? couple of people mentioned on twitter that they saw something incredible at E3 judges event.

endaround

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

"The cloud is primarily a DRM tool. Microsoft approached third parties with this plan instead of them requesting it. EA and Ubisoft love it, but Activision isn't nearly as supportive."

I call bullshit on MS approaching publishers. Now maybe with exactly how the plan is being implemented, sure. But publishers have been demanding action to combat used game sales and wanting stronger DRM.

connerthekewlkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By connerthekewlkid

@darji said:

@shinjin977 said:

There is at least one game that made various people drop their Jaw. Keighly and Shane Bettenhausen or Ben Kuchera are three of them.

Most likely KH3 or maybe a revival of Last Guardian but who knows.

shinjin977

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By shinjin977

@connerthekewlkid: Unfortunately, no it is not. I speak japanese, thai, chinese and english but I like to think my english is pretty good?

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@endaround said:

"The cloud is primarily a DRM tool. Microsoft approached third parties with this plan instead of them requesting it. EA and Ubisoft love it, but Activision isn't nearly as supportive."

I call bullshit on MS approaching publishers. Now maybe with exactly how the plan is being implemented, sure. But publishers have been demanding action to combat used game sales and wanting stronger DRM.

Yeah, Giant Bomb also hinted at publishers approaching Microsoft for the plan and not vice-versa, but I could also envision the opposite happening because it would lead to the same conclusion.

connerthekewlkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@connerthekewlkid: Unfortunately, no it is not. I speak japanese, thai, chinese and english but I like to think my english is pretty good?

Well A for effort.

shinjin977

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By shinjin977

@darji: @connerthekewlkid: Unfortunately, no it is not. I speak Thai, Japanese, Chinese and English but I would like to think my english is pretty good? sorry for the grammar.

Well that is good to know. Thanks for the info, reinjecting myself with pure hype fluid.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By TruthTellah

This just... ugh...

http://img.exs.lv/tmp/gif_360x240_261cec.gif

E3 is tomorrow.

connerthekewlkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This just... ugh...

E3 is tomorrow.

You will probably be the first and last person on this site to post a gif of Kappa Mikey.

benpicko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

cboat dropping #truthfacts yet again

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#40 chaser324  Moderator

Well...I'm not sure why I bothered to read through all of that. This guy isn't really going out on a limb with any of this stuff. The NeoGAF mods are being pretty kind to let that guy continue posting like that.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By mrfluke

@darji said:

@shinjin977 said:

Here are the tweets that Darj is talking about

https://twitter.com/ShaneWatch/status/343045170842972160

https://twitter.com/geoffkeighley/status/343019320915419137

https://twitter.com/BenKuchera/status/343556464184528896

Get Hype!

placing bets that its a game reveal not something that we know about already.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrfluke said:

@darji said:

@subjugation said:

has it been confirmed that its a sony game? couple of people mentioned on twitter that they saw something incredible at E3 judges event.

Yeah it is confirmed that it at least will be shown at Sony's Press conference. Shane is a Sony employee and someone mentioned a PS4 hashtag.

@shinjin977 No worries English isn't my native language as well and I suck at it. If someone is attacking you because of this they just have no arguments left^^

connerthekewlkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By connerthekewlkid

@mrfluke said:

@connerthekewlkid said:

@darji said:

@shinjin977 said:

Get Hype!

So its not confirmed for being at the Sony conference?

endaround

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@mrfluke said:

@connerthekewlkid said:

@darji said:

@shinjin977 said:

Get Hype!

Finally going to see Beyond Good and Evil 2!

ez123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#45  Edited By ez123

Great news on the no multiplayer paywall for PS4. I hope that's true, that guy has a good track record apparently. What else has he predicted?

Can't wait until tomorrow!!

connerthekewlkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By connerthekewlkid

@darji said:

@mrfluke said:

@darji said:

@subjugation said:

Yeah it is confirmed that it at least will be shown at Sony's Press conference. Shane is a Sony employee and someone mentioned a PS4 hashtag.

@shinjin977 No worries English isn't my native language as well and I suck at it. If someone is attacking you because of this they just have no arguments left^^

I really have to wonder what you consider "attacking" I was just asking since his grammar and username made me think he was Japanese.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrfluke said:

@connerthekewlkid said:

@darji said:

@shinjin977 said:

Get Hype!

those are the tweets those guys talked about in relation to seeing something incredible.

if nothing else, seems guaranteed it will be shown tomorrow.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ez123 said:

Great news on the no multiplayer paywall for PS4. I hope that's true, that guy has a good track record apparently.

To be fair, the translation isn't totally accurate for that point. It actually says that Sony won't confirm if there will be a multiplayer paywall or not at their conference.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#49  Edited By big_jon

I'm both curious and hopeful that the cloud stuff Microsoft is touting means that dedicated servers are a possibility for future multiplayer games. That would really help justify XBL gold in my eyes.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrfluke said:

@connerthekewlkid said:

@darji said:

@shinjin977 said:

Get Hype!

yes it is.There was some tweet about sawing a PS4 game with the same reactions but I can not find the tweet anymore because Neogaf moves to damn fast. But believe me it was a Ps4 game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.