Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

E3 2013

Concept »

The nineteenth annual Electronic Entertainment Expo took place at the Los Angeles Convention Center on June 11-13, 2013.

The Official Microsoft E3 2013 Thread

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#451  Edited By bigjeffrey
    sdharrison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#452  Edited By sdharrison

Is this going to be a new trend? Aggressively posting about how proud you are of pre-ordering an XBone because of one exclusive title you like?

If you are buying an XBox One because of mirrors edge or whatever the hell quantum break is, then I've got a bridge to sell you.

"OMG INFINITY BLADE IS ON iOS? 599 FOR iPAD DONE DEAL. LOL $$$"

ez123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Is this going to be a new trend? Aggressively posting about how proud you are of pre-ordering an XBone

I hope so if it means more of these types of reactions. What are you so upset about?

jdh5153

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is this going to be a new trend? Aggressively posting about how proud you are of pre-ordering an XBone because of one exclusive title you like?

If you are buying an XBox One because of mirrors edge or whatever the hell quantum break is, then I've got a bridge to sell you.

"OMG INFINITY BLADE IS ON iOS? 599 FOR iPAD DONE DEAL. LOL $$$"

Will be sure to post my receipt tomorrow :)

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#455  Edited By Rowr

I put it to you that steve did not play Titanfall, but stood on stage with a controller in his hands for five minutes. Either that or he spent the last 3 months with a team painstakingly crafting and practicing the gameplay demo.

In other news Master chief does not need to wear rags in the desert, because HE IS IN A FUCKING SPACE SUIT YOU IDIOTS ALL YOU DID WAS GET ME EXCITED THAT YOU WERE MAKING A DUNE GAME.

Who wears a space suit in the desert. Fuck.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@rowr said:

I put it to you that steve did not play Titanfall, but stood on stage with a controller in his hands for five minutes. Either that or he spent the last 3 months with a team painstakingly crafting and practicing the gameplay demo.

In other news Master chief does not need to wear rags in the desert, because HE IS IN A FUCKING SPACE SUIT YOU IDIOTS ALL YOU DID WAS GET ME EXCITED THAT YOU WERE MAKING A DUNE GAME.

My thought process during that trailer:

Oooh, this looks like it could be goo- aww, it's another fucking Halo game. :(

Why didn't they show some XBLA titles? That's always been the 360's biggest strength, IMO.

OGred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#457  Edited By OGred

@secondpersonshooter: I think quantum break is exclusive.

it's made by Remedy (the dude's behind Alan Wake which was 360 exclusive)

ez123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#458  Edited By ez123

@spaceinsomniac: For X1? They showed that Max whatever game for 360. The one about the kid wishing away his brother.

Shadow Complex is the only time I remember there being an XBLA game at the press conference before today.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@rowr said:

Who wears a space suit in the desert. Fuck.

How do you know that was sand? hmmm?

The real problem.....was that guy's name really Jack Choice?....WTF? Yeah I get it Max Payne and Alan Wake but this....too far!

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

"Your opponents are your friends and your family"

Early contender for line of the show. Though I heard EA had some special stuff.

KaneRobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#462  Edited By KaneRobot

@theht said:

"Your opponents are your friends and your family"

Early contender for line of the show. Though I heard EA had some special stuff.

I did enjoy Sony talking about music and awkwardly ending with "Jack White....(polite, uninterested applause)...yeah, Jack White."

YoThatLimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Does anyone know where I can watch an archive?

Mastercheesey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

Really interested in the Insomniac game. Unfortunately I am going for the PS4 but they had some cool interesting stuff, just not enough.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

Really interested in the Insomniac game. Unfortunately I am going for the PS4 but they had some cool interesting stuff, just not enough.

It'll probably be focus-tested into brown, serious-business blandness before release, anyway.

Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#467  Edited By Enigma777

So I had a Xbone preorder and as soon as the Sony conference was over I went ahead and cancelled it and preordered a PS4 instead. Sorry MS, but Sony's got you beat for now.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#468  Edited By TheHT

$499. That was awkward. "I thought they cut out the UK price"

A good presser I think! Nothing mind blowing, but that Insomniac game looks fantastic. Ryse looks ok but it reminds me of how bored I am with QTE and associated slow-mo. Titanfall looks really fun. Can't think of anything else.

Oh, Spark look neat.

jdh5153

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

JouselDelka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jdh5153: What fascinates me about you is the fact that you have undying loyalty for a console manufacturing corporation as if they were your relative, despite the fact that they've clearly went two steps further into restricting and hindering you as a consumer.

It's like you're so loyal to McDonalds against Burger King that, even as we see now live in E3 that McDonalds is planning to put cow poo in your burgers while Burger King is planning to clean your burgers extra nice, you're still eating at McDonalds because you're loyal.

I understand your human urge and need to belong and have an allegiance to certain music bands, political parties, ideologies, electronic devices and so on, but at the same time, you're a consumer who should always pick the best deal for his own budget and well-being, whenever a new set of multiple offers is available.

Xbox 360 was the better gaming machine for you last gen, now Playstation 4 is that machine, it might be Xbox 4 next gen, it all depends on what you're being offered, there's no loyalty here.

Jedted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

I'm waiting to see how well the new Kinect works with games before i commit to the Xone. I know PS4 has it's own "Kinect" motion sensor but we haven't really seen any live demos with that either.

jdh5153

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jdh5153: What fascinates me about you is the fact that you have undying loyalty for a console manufacturing corporation as if they were your relative, despite the fact that they've clearly went two steps further into restricting and hindering you as a consumer.

It's like you're so loyal to McDonalds against Burger King that, even as we see now live in E3 that McDonalds is planning to put cow poo in your burgers while Burger King is planning to clean your burgers extra nice, you're still eating at McDonalds because you're loyal.

I understand your human urge and need to belong and have an allegiance to certain music bands, political parties, ideologies, electronic devices and so on, but at the same time, you're a consumer who should always pick the best deal for his own budget and well-being, whenever a new set of multiple offers is available.

Xbox 360 was the better gaming machine for you last gen, now Playstation 4 is that machine, it might be Xbox 4 next gen, it all depends on what you're being offered, there's no loyalty here.

It's not that at all, the Xbox One is just better.

Restricting me? I don't buy used games, I don't believe in them, I believe in an all digital future, and you don't trade digital shit in. I'm always online, if you have a device that isn't always online you're better off throwing it in the trash, if it's not connected it's useless.

The PS4 is most certainly not that machine. It doesn't have my achievements, my friends (all of whom also are getting Xbox One), the Xbox controller, Xbox Live, the Kinect, Forza, Halo, Gears, first access to Call of Duty DLC, etc.

Those are the things I'm excited about.

I also like the hardware. All of my tech hardware happens to be Apple (MacBook, iPad, iPhone)... If I were just in it to save money I'd buy shitty Android products. I'm in it for the best experience.

Jedted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

Anyone see Keighley's interview with Don Mattrick? He sounded like the life was literally SUCKED out of him. I bet they'll have huge internal board meeting post-E3 to figure out how to win people back.

zeezkos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#474  Edited By zeezkos

So.. interesting/exciting thought if the promises are true. Going off of what they said about having AI drivers (driveatars or whatever) actually reflect the playstyle of other players, can you imagine a time when every enemy in an FPS is as capable as a really good FPS player? Bots in offline multiplayer, or filler-bots for multiplayer or even single player campaigns. What if it applied to other games/genres, too? What if the lowliest scrub that Kratos tries to beat to death with his own testicles is a tricky, smart player?

well.. who knows if it's real or not.

LadyAsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So the old Xbox 360 is the console for people without internet huh Microsoft? Cause I thought that was the PS4. Do you like giving Sony all of your money? With public statements like that, I'm starting to think that you do.

Trust me. I want Microsoft to do well. It's better for the consumer if Sony and Microsoft have to fight for our affections/monies. Sony is handing Microsofts ass to them right now though. I really hope that Microsoft pulls something soon. Cause like I said, right now they're just handing Sony all of their money. You know the Xbox One isn't releasing in Asian countries until next year[2014]? That's a pretty big head start for Sony in that part of the world ( Sony's having a world wide release if I'm not mistaken). I mean, I know Xbox as a brand hasn't done super well there to begin with, but damn. At least try. Not to mention the crazy pricing, and unusable functionalities in other countries. It's starting to look like Microsoft just isn't aware of, or doesn't care about, their current position within the industry around the world. It's like they only care about the USA. Now don't get me wrong, I'm American. I have no problem with getting cool stuff first, but in this case it's a bad thing that needs to be fixed. /End rant.

MaximusArtimus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jdh5153: I have a very similar thought process. I'm always online, I don't ever buy used games, and I can't remember the last time I borrowed a game from a friend. While I may not be as into Call of Duty, I love Halo, Gears, and most of the other 1st party Microsoft stuff. If I bought used games and was into Playstation made games I would be over there in a second. The only game that I've wanted that used to be PS exclusive was MGS, but that is no longer the case.

Also, I have a family and a full-time job. The idea that my box can do TV, Skype, Movies, and basically everything else my family needs is pretty awesome. Plus, as a family, we can all share games and I can even do that with family across the country.

I understand I am a privileged white american, but I can't change who I am and who I am fits better with the always online Xbox future.

P.S. Don't take this to mean me hating on PS4, it just doesn't fit my style of gaming and living. It if fits for you then buy the hell out of it.

ManMadeGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

@jdh5153: I have a very similar thought process. I'm always online, I don't ever buy used games, and I can't remember the last time I borrowed a game from a friend. While I may not be as into Call of Duty, I love Halo, Gears, and most of the other 1st party Microsoft stuff. If I bought used games and was into Playstation made games I would be over there in a second. The only game that I've wanted that used to be PS exclusive was MGS, but that is no longer the case.

Also, I have a family and a full-time job. The idea that my box can do TV, Skype, Movies, and basically everything else my family needs is pretty awesome. Plus, as a family, we can all share games and I can even do that with family across the country.

I understand I am a privileged white american, but I can't change who I am and who I am fits better with the always online Xbox future.

P.S. Don't take this to mean me hating on PS4, it just doesn't fit my style of gaming and living. It if fits for you then buy the hell out of it.

Same boat as you. I want a media box that also plays games. As I have grown older I find myself playing video games less and less. I want an all in one package to sit under my TV. If Xbox One brings a better package, than that's what I want.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.