Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

E3 2014

Concept »

The twentieth Electronic Entertainment Expo took place June 10-12, 2014 at the Los Angeles Convention Center in Los Angeles, California.

What Would You Want MS/Sony To Announce Phantom Dust Style

ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By ch3burashka

This is kind of a month late, but I've been thinking about it. I had never heard of Phantom Dust (I didn't own an Xbox), but Patrick's reaction was perfectly understandable: every one of us has that one game (or two) we want to come back, be it remake or sequel.

Because I'm a sadist and I like pain, I would have wanted to see Advent Rising come back. I've written a few comments about how awesome the last few seconds of Advent Rising were, Wolpaw's Law be damned, and how the set up was worth investing millions into a sequel. That, and I listen to the soundtrack on a frequent basis. Seriously, listen to it.

What would you like to have seen?

PS Vib-Ribbon doesn't count; they fucked us on that one.

Dussck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Micro Machines!

I loved the old ones and I had V3 for PS1, think it was awesome, really fun for couch mutliplayer as well. Also think it is really fitting for online play, leaderboards, time trials and little competitions.

Loading Video...

PDXSonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Either Legend of Dragoon 2, or a remake of the first game. While it wasn't the greatest RPG of its time, it certainly was a fun game.

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

Pursuit Force (RIP BigBig Studio). Can you image how great a PS4 version of this would be? The closest thing we have to a new version of this is Sleeping Dogs.

Loading Video...

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

Psi-Ops

Was an amazing game. Really fantastic gameplay. Ended on a cliffhanger. No sequel :'(

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

Parappa The Rapper

Avatar image for deactivated-5fc86d541ecee
    deactivated-5fc86d541ecee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I really want to see Sony bring Syphon Filter and one(or more) of their dormant JRPG franchises to PS4.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By Blu3V3nom07

Blast Corps, Army Men, Banjo Kazooie, Perfect Dark, Dark Rift, Turok, Forsaken, etc..

shiftymagician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Future Cop: L.A.P.D.

ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slag said:

Parappa The Rapper

That's totally happening, isn't it? I thought I heard real substantial rumors about it, right? RIGHT?!

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jet Set Radio Future 2

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By BabyChooChoo
    I liked this game way more than anyone probably ever should.

xpgamer7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 5

Conker 2. Or some spiritual sequel that ends up being fun to play, referential and Crude funny in a way that works(I'm looking at you Duke Nukem Forever)

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darkwatch, Armed and Dangerous, Hunter: The Reckoning, Otogi: Myth of Demons, The Suffering and Psi-Ops: The Mindgate Conspiracy...all good games that never made it past their generation.

Shaunage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 10

Viva Pinata.

GTCknight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

My first choice would be Freespace 3 and yes I know its not game on a console, but Freespace is one my fav games of all time and I would love to finish the war with the Shivans.

My second would be Oni. I liked this game and say what you will about the complex controls, because Oni is one of the few games that I can remember to merge a good (for its time) melee system with TPS mechanics.

Number three would be Psi-Ops and for all the reasons that @starvinggamer stated.

Number four Heavy Gear. I don't care if its on PC or not I just want a new Heavy Gear and preferably one that takes place on the battlefield and not in sports arena.

The fifth would be Jet Force Gemini, yet again I don't care if its done by Nintendo or Microsoft. I just want to play a new Jet Force Gemini game dammit.

conmulligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@friendlyphoenix: I'll second Syphon Filter. The second game was legitimately one of my favourites for the original PlayStation and I think it's long overdue for a hopelessly gritty remake.

Corvak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Corvak

Sony doesn't own or control it, but some kind of successor to San Francisco Rush 2049.

sku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jumping Flash because how dope would Jumping Flash be with Sony's VR, man. How dope.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Corevi

The Last Guardian, now being developed by Platinum Games. They did make Okami so they are entirely capable of an "artsy" game.

Outside of MS and Sony, Capcom with Gotcha Force 2.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I'd like to see Sega reboot Valkyria Chronicles. I don't mean an English translation of VC3 or the browser game. I mean another full sized console game that isn't held back by the established cannon or the technical limitations of the PSP.

Franstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Franstone

Some games I've wanted a remake (or sequal) of have actually happened yet I haven't played any of them.
    Strider and Bionic Commando are two examples I can actually think of now, didn't play either.
    I'd like to see a new MS Flight Simulator though.
    A friend of mine that's dying of cancer loved Descent, so I'll say a new Descent for him.

Aaaaand then I see this today : ????

I swear sometimes I have very minimal psychis powers!
    ; )

gatehouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A HD, beautifully animated version on Tomba! would be lovely. As would a new MediEvil, complete with comedic tone but hopefully with a half decent camera.

Zefpunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Three choices:

1) Oni-Great action game and third person shooter. The Ghost in The Shell game we all deserved and never got.

2) Jet Set Radio 2- This would make me cry tears of joy. Makes me want it even more now that Sunset Overdrive just reminded me how amazing this could be on PS4/XBONE. DJ PROFESSOR K WILL RISE AGAIN!

3) MediEvil 3- Come on Sony, you know you want to. I miss Sir Dan, I miss him so very much.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By xyzygy

@babychoochoo said:

YES! I came in here to say this. So glad someone else mentioned it. Quite possibly the funnest time I've had with actually controlling an on screen character. That boosting.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By pyrodactyl

Since phantom dust is a remake and not a sequel or new game I don't want Sony to announce something similar and waste resources on that kind of project. I want new, interesting stuff that couldn't have been done before for new consoles, not prettier versions of old ass games. Microsoft can do whatever they want though, as their continued lack of originality will save me $400.

ProfessorK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have a friend that loves this game to death. I just couldn't get past the controls. Personally I'd love another Chaos Legion.

TheMasterDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

Banjo-Threeie with Leigh Loveday writing, Grant Kirkhope musicing and a currently competent studio developing.

ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Since phantom dust is a remake and not a sequel or new game I don't want Sony to announce something similar and waste resources on that kind of project. I want new, interesting stuff that couldn't have been done before for new consoles, not prettier versions of old ass games. Microsoft can do whatever they want though, as their continued lack of originality will save me $400.

Like I said, it can be a remake or a sequel; I, too, would prefer the latter because a remake seems like a waste of an entry in the franchise.

As for your MS snide remark, I'm glad to see teh console wars live on into 2014.

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want a full-blown, balls to the wall re-imagining of Space Harrier.

Lost_Remnant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Lost_Remnant

The only thing I can think of that's tied to one of the console makers is for Sony to give me another Medievil.

Outside of them though, I'd like SEGA to give me another Jet Set (hell, I'd probably be just be content with a rezzed up Jet Set Future since that is a much better game then Jet Set 1) and Dynamite Cop. What's Dynamite Cop you ask? Only a super awesome brawler on the dreamcast and one of my favorite childhood games.

I'd also like a new Freedom Fighters but I think EA has the rights to that, and even if IO still did I'd be suspect of it being as good as the original since the first Kane and Lynch was aping how Freedom Fighters played and was not very good. Still, I'd hope someone out there could make a good sequel.

And last but not least, I'd want a remake or sequel, or re-imaging or whatever the fuck of this game. I just want another one.

So many hours lost to this awesome game.
    So many hours lost to this awesome game.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is probably a really dumb one, but I always wanted another sphinx and the cursed mummy. That game was great (maybe because I never played a zelda type game before). Id atleast like for it to get a ps2 classic release on psn so I can play it again.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Jet Moto: The Jet Motorcycle

ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is probably a really dumb one, but I always wanted another sphinx and the cursed mummy. That game was great (maybe because I never played a zelda type game before). Id atleast like for it to get a ps2 classic release on psn so I can play it again.

I played that too! It was... interesting, but nothing to really write home about. If anything, it felt like an early-gen PS2 game, what with the animation priority and rigid mechanics. Honestly, I don't know how well it'd transfer into the current-gen. First, like I said, it feels very hard and rigid, and if you were to re-do it, I don't think the limited scope of the powers and platforming would be interesting in today's market.

To sum up, yes, that was a really dumb one. Your choice was bad and you should feel bad.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By RonGalaxy

@ch3burashka said:

@rongalaxy said:

I played that too! It was... interesting, but nothing to really write home about. If anything, it felt like an early-gen PS2 game, what with the animation priority and rigid mechanics. Honestly, I don't know how well it'd transfer into the current-gen. First, like I said, it feels very hard and rigid, and if you were to re-do it, I don't think the limited scope of the powers and platforming would be interesting in today's market.

To sum up, yes, that was a really dumb one. Your choice was bad and you should feel bad.

I HAVE BEEN SHAMED

I played it in elementary school, so there's probably some rose tintedness with my favorable memories of it. Like I said, I'd really be fine with a ps2 classic version of the game. If anything, all I really want is a zelda clone with an interesting world that takes advantage of ps4 hardware. Darsiders is the last big zelda clone I can think of, but I thought the world and the lore was dumb so I couldn't really get into it.

schlorgan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

TIMESPLITTERS!!!

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's a third-party game, but I want Kojima to come out at some point, announce Metal Gear Ac!d 3, smash a Vita, and walk off stage, and say it's available right that second.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#39  Edited By Sooperspy

Just fucking give me TimeSplitters 4 already. For the love of god, I need it. (and this is probably the worst time to say this seeing as how the TimeSplitters team is now Crytek UK and there's all this buzz about Crytek being in trouble)

Lost_Remnant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just fucking give me TimeSplitters 4 already. For the love of god, I need it. (and this is probably the worst time to say this seeing as how the TimeSplitters team is now Crytek UK and there's all this buzz about Crytek being in trouble)

You have no idea how much I want a new Timesplitters, I would of put it on my list if I thought it had a chance coming out. Even before the troubles at Crytek, the guys who say what goes over there where always very dismissive about the idea or vague "if there is enough interest" responses. If Crytek UK shutters or if most of the employees just leave, I hope somebody scoops them up and lets them work on a new Timesplitters game. As it stands, I'd take a new Timesplitters over a Homefront sequel (I just played through the first game and its kind of terrible so I'm not exactly hot on the idea of a sequel.) or another Crysis game. Crytek gonna do what Crytek gonna do I suppose.

Avatar image for thebluthcompany
    TheBluthCompany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge

KaneRobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 9

Agreed. Also Crimson Skies: High Road To Revenge.

hollitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Skies of Arcadia is one of my favorite RPGs. I'd probably lose my mind if a new one got announced.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By pyrodactyl

@pyrodactyl said:

Like I said, it can be a remake or a sequel; I, too, would prefer the latter because a remake seems like a waste of an entry in the franchise.

As for your MS snide remark, I'm glad to see teh console wars live on into 2014.

Hey, I would love to buy an Xbox one if they had an awesome game announced that blew my mind. All those are third party at this point so they'll run better on PS4 anyway. That and Bloodborn of course. I could go for some good halo again but halo 4 really cooled down my enthusiasm for the franchise.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.