Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

E3 2015

Concept »

The twenty-first annual Electronic Entertainment Expo took place June 16-18, 2015 at the Los Angeles Convention Center in Los Angeles, California.

E3 2015: Last Minute Leaks Roundup

austin_walker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By austin_walker
    A true followup to Dishonored needs to have a mask exactly as ridiculous as the first game for it to live up to my expectations.
    A true followup to Dishonored needs to have a mask exactly as ridiculous as the first game for it to live up to my expectations.

E3 2015 officially starts tomorrow, but a handful of surprises have snuck out ahead of time due to bad luck, technological unpredictability, and, uh, the German games press.

Over the past few weeks, we've ben wondering what sort of big reveal Bethesda might have up its sleeve. Well, one answer is "Maybe Dishonored 2? I guess?" Yesterday, YouTuber (YouTube Creator? YouTube Enthusiast?) Matty Schroeder noticed that Bethesda's Twitch stream went live a day ahead of time, broadcasting out a conversation between Arkane Studios president Ralph Colantonio and Harvey Smith, who co-directed the first Dishonored game. So yeah, this probably means that we'll get an announcement for some sort of followup to Dishonored tonight, but what if... what if it's Prey 2?

Yeah, I know. I know it isn't. I know. But what if? (Watch us live tonight during the Bethesda press conference so that you can see the disappointment on my face!)

Bethesda wasn't the only company caught by a leak, though. After a lot of speculation about Platinum's next project, Best Buy Canada spoiled the surprise by listing Transformers: Devastation available for pre-order. The page was taken down eventually, but not before DualShockers grabbed the page's full text. The long and short? It's the thing Platinum does, but with more robots what transform into cars:

Code Red: Optimus Prime has some sort of laser axe. I repeat: Optimus has a laser axe!
    Code Red: Optimus Prime has some sort of laser axe. I repeat: Optimus has a laser axe!

Face off against Megatron and battle it out with the Decepticons in Transformers Devestation. Equipped with fast action capabilities, this game allows for instant robot to vehicle attacks, slam downs, counterattacks, and infinite combos for a unique master combat system.

Okay, but what if you love leaks about games where you beat the hell out of people, but hate robots? Well, first, get the hell out of here, because robots are incredible. Second, I hope you love British Street Fighter characters, because it turns out that Street Fighter V will feature Cammy and Birdie. German magazine ComputerBild.de confirmed their inclusion in a preview that has been archived here.

In another Street Fighter related leak, word got out yesterday that Ryu would be heading to Nintendo's Super Smash Brothers 4 in DLC, along with returning Fire Emblem character Roy. But that leak was short lived, as Nintendo confirmed those characters (along with a whole bunch of other Smash Brothers updates) in a video this morning. Real talk: I'm not much of a Smash guy, but goddamn did this footage ever make me wanna play some Smash.

All of these leaks come just over a week after YouTube channel The Know leaked a bevy of screenshots and a whole lot of info about a game they claim is Dark Souls III. Given the quality of the shots, it's hard to argue with them. That said, I still have a lot of questions about what that game looks like. I'm especially curious to see how FromSoftware will talk about it after spending so much time selling us on the faster, shield-free combat of Bloodborne.

It's hard to imagine that we'd get more leaks before things properly kick off, but at this rate who knows. At this point I'm just crossing my fingers and hoping for at least one big surprise.

Mortuss_Zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Man, if Bethesda's conference tonight is just Doom, Fallout and Dishonored I'm way past satisfied.

gablekevin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice round up but leaks of names and things without content dont really mean much to me. I want to see what Cammy and Birdie look like and play like along with how Dark Souls 3 moves and plays so for me im still pretty hype for things to come. up arrow up arrow up arrow

emfromthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

If the Dishonored 2 thing turns out to be true, it'll be a cool way of kicking off this E3. Really liked that original game.

Crembaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Crembaw

@mortuss_zero said:

Man, if Bethesda's conference tonight is just Doom, Fallout and Dishonored I'm way past satisfied.

B-but Brink 2, though...

...Awww...Why'd they have to break my heart...

conmulligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Fuck Fallout 4, just give me Dishonored 2 and I'm all set.

GrayFoxbr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's great to be away from the internet for a few days come back and find an article detailing most of what i've missed. Keep up the great work Austin!

DF-1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

no, not youtube creator.

Dezztroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crembaw said:
    @mortuss_zero said:

B-but Brink 2, though...

You mean Dirty Bomb? Because that's a pretty good game.

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Really surprised they would put Birdie in SFV, not exactly a character with a lot of fans.

Sad about DSIII coming this quickly and also sad about Platinum making another licensed game but if they can use that funding to make an actual mech game I want I'll allow it.

I still think Prey is 100% dead though.

617_jbug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Titanfall is going to be on EA Access

Borp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Thanks for the round up Austin!

AMyggen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hassun said:

Really surprised they would put Birdie in SFV, not exactly a character with a lot of fans.

Sad about DSIII coming this quickly and also sad about Platinum making another licensed game but if they can use that funding to make an actual mech game I want I'll allow it.

I still think Prey is 100% dead though.

Yeah, this and Korra just seems like Platinum doing some work to continue to be able to do the games they really want to make. I'm fine with it.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

On the Nintendo Championships stream on twitch they revealed a 3v3 3ds multiplayer game called Blastball. Sorta a cross between a shooter and soccer. It has that splatoon vibe of taking the shooter mechanic but not make it generally about shooting people in the face.

Mortuss_Zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crembaw: Believe it or not, I actually really liked Brink. Warts and all. I've come to believe though that there will never be a sequel to it. At least, not a direct one, maybe a "spiritual successor" of sorts.

ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

End it with a Wet 2 teaser.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fc86d541ecee
    deactivated-5fc86d541ecee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really hope the Arkane announcement is a Dishonored 2 and not the rumoured remaster. That part of Bethesda's conference will either be the most satisfying or most disappointing moment of the show for me.

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amyggen: Shit it better be better than the Korra game...

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Quarters

I'm so bummed out that Platinum is just working on Transformers. I was really hoping for Metal Gear Rising 2.

hoodcommando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dishonored 2, please. Who the hell cares about Prey 2?

yesac2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man what if it IS Prey 2?

hoodcommando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man what if it IS Prey 2?

I would be really mad. Dishonored is a great game, Prey 1 is average at best. Prey 2's trailer everyone loves looked very heavily scripted.

I want more adventures in the world of Dishonored.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#22  Edited By Yummylee

Probably a little early, but I'd love if Bethesda were to unveil something related to Tango Gameworks.

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hoodcommando: Well, if it is like the game people saw in that trailer I'm sure a lot of people would be very interested.

Moonshadow101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Moonshadow101

Fallout 4, Dishonored 2 and Dark Souls 3 is a cocktail of drugs tailored specifically to me. Just go ahead and inject it right up in there.

My ideal would be Dishonored in July/August, Fallout in November and DSIII early next year. That's a spread that'd make my day. I would worry if Dark Souls 3 were significantly earlier.

austin_walker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By austin_walker

@crembaw said:
    @mortuss_zero said:

B-but Brink 2, though...

You might wanna check out Dirty Bomb, which feels a lot like Brink in some ways and is also by Splash Damage.

Avatar image for theindomitablesnowman
    TheIndomitableSnowman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mortuss_zero: Isn't Titanfall the game you're looking for? Freerunning, Multiplayer matches structured like Campaign missions, to the point where there is no proper single-player mode, I haven't played Brink, but from what footage I've seen, it looks pretty similar apart from the artstyle and the giant robots.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@crembaw said:
    @mortuss_zero said:

B-but Brink 2, though...

You might wanna check out Dirty Bomb, which feels a lot like Brink in some ways and is also by Splash Damage.

I tried the beta or alpha for that a while back and that game has zero of the unique free-running aspect of Brink and overall seemed fairly forgettable. Enemy Territory was one of my favorite multiplayer games for a while so it's a shame to see Splash Damage put out such a strangely mediocre product. Maybe it changed since the time I played it, but I got the distinct feeling they were doing stress testing by that point rather than actual development.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

Same here.

RonnieBarzel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crembaw said:
    @mortuss_zero said:

B-but Brink 2, though...

Eliza Dushku is available, clearing the path for "Wet 2."

Hyuzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That Transformers game hopefully won't be another Legend of Korra, but I bet it will be.

marakor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dishonored was a good game in my book, so I wouldn't mind for a second one.
    But in the world we live in, I put 5$ on a Dishonored HD GOTY for the newer consoles !
    :(

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

I wonder if Square is going to announce a new Front Mission game at E3. The rumor I saw was that the lead designer of Chromehounds is in charge of the project

AlpineHermit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice write up!!! got a laugh from the "but hate robots" line.

frankxiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

I'm especially curious to see how FromSoftware will talk about it after spending so much time selling us on the faster, shield-free combat of Bloodborne.

@austin_walker

pretty sure how they do that is say "hey you can still play like that, but all these other ways that were absent in bloodborne too".

Jensonb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 8

Well, first, get the hell out of here, because robots are incredible

Hahaha...oh Austin. I like you.

Mortuss_Zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theindomitablesnowman: It might seem that way, but I was one of those few masochists who played through that game solo. I don't like online competition in the slightest, so my main problem with Brink was the terrible AI for your teammates. Titanfall is a game made for people that do like competition.

facktion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Platinum has to make a few mediocre licensed games in order for us to get Vanquish 2, or some other batshit crazy new IP, then I'm all for it.

Chillicothe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#38  Edited By Chillicothe

I'm especially curious to see how FromSoftware will talk about it after spending so much time selling us on the faster, shield-free combat of Bloodborne.

I'm glad someone else notices this; alot of BB's neutral changes are stirring BAD behavior and expectations in people.

"Restrictions in games give us wings, too few restrictions put us in chains."

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.