Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

E3 2015

Concept »

The twenty-first annual Electronic Entertainment Expo took place June 16-18, 2015 at the Los Angeles Convention Center in Los Angeles, California.

Square Enix VS Nintendo (what will giantbomb do?)

• 72 results
    zeo12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Nintendo just announced that their Digital Event will be broadcast at 9:00 am pst at the same time Square Enix its holding their LIVE PRESS CONFERENCE(like Sony or Microsoft), the question is what will giantbomb do since their doing the same thing from last year. Will Dan be sent to an isolated room to watch the Nintendo Digital event while using the periscope app?

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

Does Giant Bomb have a history of covering Square Enix events?

thatpinguino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 thatpinguino  Moderator

@veektarius: Not when there was another thing competing for attention that I can remember.

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I imagine Nintendo takes priority, as one of the big three, but I'm much more interested in Square's stuff.

Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nintendo could show something interesting.

SE will just show more FF right?

I'd go Nintendo, but that's just me.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Nintendo definitely takes priority. No doubt Square Enix will have a rock-solid lineup, but I feel like they'd have to announce/showoff some crazy ass shit to eclipse even a mildly interesting Nintendo event.

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#10  Edited By jacksukeru

They will watch the Nintendo event.

Maybe check in with the other one if there's a lull.

jiggajoe14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#11  Edited By jiggajoe14

They should cross the streams.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I'd think Nintendo would take precedence.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They should cross the streams.

Vinny just watching.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e6e407163fd7
    deactivated-5e6e407163fd7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@kishinfoulux: what do they have goin on right now, other than FF?

Niceanims

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Niceanims

Square is old and busted. Go Nintendo

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By pyrodactyl

Honestly, I feel like square will have a much better showing. What will nintendo even talk about? I think they said they were not showing zelda.

Square enix has FF15, Kingdom hearts, tomb raider, hitman, deus ex and Just Cause. If they announce games at that thing they will blow Nintendo out of the water.

Also

@sterling said:

Fuck Nintendo.

And I own a WiiU

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By pyrodactyl

@ripelivejam: hitman, deus ex, kingdom hearts, maybe one or 2 unannounced games. What is nintendo even going to show at this thing? They're not even going to show anything about zelda, the WiiU is dead to them so they won't announce anything big for it, you can already find all the Xenoblade content you want since it's out in japan splatoon will be out already. No, seriously, what the hell are they even going to talk about? It's probably going to be 3DS and amibos for an hour with star fox in there somewhere. WHO CARES

excast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I probably care more about potential Square Enix news than I do anything coming out of Nintendo, but I imagine being one of the big 3 console makers still gives them the edge. Nintendo preemptively announcing that the things people are most interested in aren't going to be discussed sort of tells me all I need to know. They seem like a company that knows they are selling a lemon and are trying to squeeze a few more years of relevancy out of a system that was dead on arrival before they launch a new console in 2017 that might be close to equivalent to what the PS4 offered in 2013.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By pyrodactyl

@itwongo said:

You've got it backwards buddy. Just Cause, Deus Ex, Tomb Raider, Hitman, kingdom hearts and FF15. Nintendo will show Star Fox... Star Fox and amibos.

Niceanims

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Niceanims

@pyrodactyl: Garbage upon garbage. Old. And. Busted.

But real talk I want to see Nintendo because I forget what they have lined up.

Danteveli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 30

@itwongo said:

You've got it backwards buddy. Just Cause, Deus Ex, Tomb Raider, Hitman, kingdom hearts and FF15. Nintendo will show Star Fox... Star Fox and amibos

So many fresh ideas coming from Square not like the game that has 15 in the title, sequel to the reboot and stuff like that.

Original_Hank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Like 80 Percent of squenix's lineup is western games. What a time to be alive.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By pyrodactyl

@itwongo: you forget because they have nothing. Xenoblade is already out in japan so you can find out everything about that game already, Splatoon will be out before E3 and they said they were not going to show zelda. So they will show star fox and yoshi with a bunch of amibos.

I'm done hoping for Nintendo to surprise me. They won't. They will stick with the old, the small, the uninteresting and the unambitious. They will play it safe with boring ass software releases with 1 interesting game a year if you're lucky until they can take a risk on hardware in 2 years. Fuck Nintendo.

SomeJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nintendo's is pre-recorded and the internet will happily lose their shit to whatever they do no matter when they do it, Amiibo complaints are about how they sell out too fast and not how it's a horrible way to bend consumers over for what used to be on-disc content that you'd get for getting places in games AND WORSE.

Square-Enix's going to present a new Deus Ex, and other new western shiz, and new Japanese-developed shiz, for the main consoles at that. Including 3DS and WiiU.

Go SE or go on to disappoint the viewers.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

@ripelivejam: I think square has a lot of interesting projects going on right now. FFXV, FFXIV, Final Fantasy Dissida. Whatever the new Hitman game is Deus Ex. And even if I'm not excited for it personally I really wonder if they will show stuff for Kingdom Hearts III finally. I'm sure I'm forgetting some stuff as well.

Avatar image for counterclockwork87
    Counterclockwork87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GB West watches and streams NINTENDO, GB East watches and streams Square Enix. DUAL STREAM.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By pyrodactyl

@danteveli said:
    @pyrodactyl said:
    @itwongo said:

You've got it backwards buddy. Just Cause, Deus Ex, Tomb Raider, Hitman, kingdom hearts and FF15. Nintendo will show Star Fox... Star Fox and amibos

So many fresh ideas coming from Square not like the game that has 15 in the title, sequel to the reboot and stuff like that.

That's such a disingenuous comment. FF15 has nothing to do with the 14 games before it. All new characters, world, combat system.

Nintendo will have a slightly updated version of the gameplay from starfox on the super nintendo and a small platformer staring yoshi that is a mix of yoshi's island and kirby's epic yarn. They will also pimp out their overpriced figures that don't do anything meaningful. Wooh progress.

Niceanims

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrodactyl: Eh, I'd rather see the unknown than see what's already familiar. I mean, come on. They're sequels. Just Cause? Probably gonna be Just Cause. Deus Ex? Probably gonna be Deus Ex. Tomb Raider? Same thing. Hitman? Kingdom Hearts? Check. Seen FFXV gameplay. Sounds like a big "Huh."

excast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@itwongo said:

@pyrodactyl: Eh, I'd rather see the unknown than see what's already familiar. I mean, come on. They're sequels. Just Cause? Probably gonna be Just Cause. Deus Ex? Probably gonna be Deus Ex. Tomb Raider? Same thing. Hitman? Kingdom Hearts? Check. Seen FFXV gameplay. Sounds like a big "Huh."

If you want to see new things I am not sure why you would prefer the company that has basically been living off of characters and franchises created 25 + years ago for ages now.

Budwyzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They'll post both archives to the front page! Huzzah! Everyone wins!

conmulligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#36  Edited By conmulligan

I'm more interested in seeing what Square Enix has to offer, but they should really just move.

nophilip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

I'm conflicted. I care more about Just Cause 3 than anything Nintendo will be talking about at E3 this year, but I care about Nintendo's stuff more than anything else that Square Enix will be talking about at E3 this year.

I guess I'm more interested in seeing them cover Nintendo's event.

Niceanims

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Niceanims

@excast said:
    @itwongo said:

If you want to see new things I am not sure why you would prefer the company that has basically been living off of characters and franchises created 25 + years ago for ages now.

Already said why.

cutyoface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#39  Edited By cutyoface

I am way more interested in Square Enix's lineup so I hope them.

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Do either of them have anything worth seeing? The new Nintendo console isn't being spoken about this year right? And I can't imagine the GB staffers are desperate to see what SE has got going on.

riostarwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 206

User Lists: 62

#41  Edited By riostarwind  Moderator

I didn't even know SquareEnix was having a press conference this year till I saw this post. I would think Nintendo would be higher up than SquareEnix unless they do a dual stream and commentate over both of them at the same time.

jiggajoe14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@flstyle said:

Do either of them have anything worth seeing? The new Nintendo console isn't being spoken about this year right? And I can't imagine the GB staffers are desperate to see what SE has got going on.

For Nintendo I'm sure they (GB) want to see Mario Maker, Zelda, and some Jeff snark about Wooly World :)

InstantRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@flstyle said:

Nintendo won't be talking about the NX this year. I don't think they are touching on their mobile game stuff at E3 either. I have a feeling this E3 for them is mostly going to actually giving concrete release dates for a lot of their announced games and the usual Treehouse of people playing said games.

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

Do two streams, they should have enough people. Or comment on the Nintendo stuff later, since it's pre-recorded.

BTW, I didn't expect this topic to go into sub-Gamefaqs levels of comments, but there you go.

bemusedchunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@instantryan: @jiggajoe14: Sounds like they'll want to check out the Nintendo stuff while release dates will be a big theme again this year.

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

There's a chance that Square will show Kingdom Hearts 3 and an even smaller chance that something blessed by Yoko Taro will get announced.

I can dream.

Danteveli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 30

@danteveli said:
    @pyrodactyl said:
    @itwongo said:

That's such a disingenuous comment. FF15 has nothing to do with the 14 games before it. All new characters, world, combat system.

Nintendo will have a slightly updated version of the gameplay from starfox on the super nintendo and a small platformer staring yoshi that is a mix of yoshi's island and kirby's epic yarn. They will also pimp out their overpriced figures that don't do anything meaningful. Wooh progress.

You are hating on Nintendo just for the sport and calling my post disingenuous?? You don't like their properties thats cool but stop the joke you are trying to pull. Unless you are working for Square and your future depends on how many people will view the conference stuff.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.