Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

E3 2015

Concept »

The twenty-first annual Electronic Entertainment Expo took place June 16-18, 2015 at the Los Angeles Convention Center in Los Angeles, California.

The Official MICROSOFT Thread

• 63 results
    BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@bradbrains: My Xbox 360 is not going to last forever - if there is piece of tech that plays those games, I am interested on it. Like everything, it is value proposition, right now there is not a console out there that has enough exclusives for me to buy it just based on that. Xbox One games + backwards compatibility comes close for being good enough deal to get one.

agreed. its a great bullet point. and yea It seems exclusives are the least important they have ever been

I think they did really well this year in making it seems like something to get NOW with the focus on games comming out soon and things added to it.the philosophies between the two companies were very different

Avatar image for nashvilleskyline
    Nashvilleskyline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh well. Preview program is up and running. Downloadjng elite dangerous and the long dark as I write. That's another great bullet point from yesterday's conference. U don't have to pay for the game by the way.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

I dunno if anyone mentioned this, but holy shit Kudo Tsunoda looks like old man Ezio from Revelations.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Corvak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Corvak

BC is kinda...okay, it saves me an HDMI slot, and I like this controller better.

But for the future it means a couple things. For one, my games won't die with my 360, and two - for games I dont own they can probably just sell digital 360 games instead of having to remaster, meaning less reliance on the used market for out of print stuff.

flameboy84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really like the idea of the backward compatibility however it’s a little disappointing that Microsoft won’t just let you run digital versions of games you own. I can understand developers having to opt in to the disc to digital concept as that’s essentially gifting a second copy of game but for a digital game I already own (for examples games with gold, makes you wonder if future games with gold 360 games will be those that support Xbox One.) just let me download it! I never owned a 360 so have plenty I could catch up on.

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By BradBrains

phil said when talking with giant bomb tonight its an emulation of the xbox360 itself rather than the games so thats very important difference from the 360 backwards stuff. I think thats a smart way to do it if possible

flameboy84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By flameboy84

@bradbrains: hmmm ok I need to get round to watching it then. Sounds more like if they had wanted they could have it just run any digital copies then if it's not case by case.

KaneRobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Not joking, the favorite thing any of my friends (admittedly, most of which are not as into this stuff as I am) have heard so far from the show for ANY console is backwards compatibility. I'm kind of there with them, it was almost inexcusable to me that it wasn't included at launch and the generation was so long there are still a lot of games I want to get around to.

Excited as hell for Halo 5 after that video from Drew yesterday. Gears 4 kind of underwhelmed me, it didn't even look that much better than 3.

Sony can have the fucking maps. Was so glad not to have 15 minutes wasted on Call of Duty.

I'm so in for RC Pro Am on Xbone.

flameboy84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By flameboy84

I really like the way the Xbox One is emulating 360 it's the OS kind of running minus the dashboard, I also like how it's full on working through the Xbox One OS though and none of the issues we usually get. Like Gamecube having to turn off system to get it back to being a Wii or was it PS1 game that effectively log you out of PSN? This is a far more elegant solution.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Jesus_Phish

@bradbrains: The thing I'm thinking now though is that if they can do emulation of an xbox 360 on an xbox one by making the disc think it's running on a VM that has xbox 360 OS then it can't be long until people get that running on real PCs, or just jail break whatever system MS are using on the XOne.

flameboy84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I liked how frank Phil Spencer was with Jeff on the live show that the Xbox OS currently runs like garbage.

KaneRobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#62  Edited By KaneRobot

Phil seems cool. Right now he's at the top of my list when it comes to the console maker talking heads. About as night and day as you can get from the Mattrick debacle

I'm kind of behind at the moment so I just got around to the Day 1 talk, but I'm pretty excited that, at least early on, the Hololens stuff is getting good feedback. I'll probably never invest in anything powerful enough to have a good VR experience, but I'd be all for checking out Hololens as long as it isn't obscenely expensive

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By BradBrains

@jesus_phish: Certainly possible

We probably will never know the specifics but I'm crazy interested in how they did it

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

It may seem odd but the one game that really struck me was Sea of Thieves, the first-person, multiplayer pirate adventure game by Rare. That was teh one game where I said tome myself, "Well I have to have that!"

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.