Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

E3 2015

Concept »

The twenty-first annual Electronic Entertainment Expo took place June 16-18, 2015 at the Los Angeles Convention Center in Los Angeles, California.

Was that E3?

Klaimore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I've been part of this awesome website for a while now and I always look forward to E3, specially the show they do at night. But aside from that show and thanks to awesome Marino we have tons of trailers to look at but that was it. What happened to developer interviews? Or those videos that Drew would make at the end of each day? I'm starting to feel like most of the content from this site is coming from Premium content than a regular video game website.

TravisRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

To be fair some of that behind the scenes stuff doesn't usually come out til a little after the actual events. Give them the benefit of the doubt. And as far as the quality of their night shows and stuff goes I feel like they were just trying a new format. I wouldn't take it as a permanent thing.

Corvak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think a lot of their E3 content also hinges on guest availability and venue as well.

elvicerator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would like to see something, we'll see if anything is being edited right now that might go up this week or next. If not, I can understand it to some extent. They did do those Giant Bomb Presents podcasts that they've never done before this year, so the focus might have been more on getting quick impressions up on the site.

One thing that I'd absolutely love to see is a day in the life of a PR person or a developer at E3. They've already done production and editorial in the previous two years, so I'd love to see E3 from yet another perspective. That would be more difficult to pull off, obviously, since you have to get someone from outside of Giant Bomb to agree to it, and you have to have one of your production staff not with the rest of the crew for a whole day.

ThePickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I didn't like how the wrap up shows were run either. There used to be a great tradition of half of dozen drunk game developers/journalists getting on mics yelling over each other for our amusement. New show felt to "professional" and not in a good way.

pcorb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thepickle: I don't know if you saw the Boyes/Language/Johnny V "interview", but the one word that couldn't be used to describe it is professional. In the best possible way (and also kind of the worst).

Klaimore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@elvicerator: You're right, I do like how they are always doing something new as to set themselves apart and I hope they do come up with some cool E3 content this week.

As to get this off my chest and I know I don't know anything as to what they do on a day to day, but I feel like they have gotten lazier... I know I don't know what I'm talking about but I feel like there was more and better content in years past.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By turboman

I actually prefer the night shows this year to what they were in previous years. I don't like the lack of on the floor videos from this year, since those are the ones that have always been the most interesting to me. I was thinking there could have been a great video made of Vinny/Drew/Jason following Austin around during his first year of E3.

I guess the 40 minutes of the whole staff talking before they had guests on are supposed to make up for that, but that just feels lazy compared to what they used to do.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

I thought this years entire E3 was kind of underwhelming, again, despite the enthusiasm people felt. The games that got me most excited this year were Metal Gear Solid V and Horizon, and MGSV was announced at a previous E3. Overall I just didn't see anything that surprising or jaw dropping.

As for the staff performance - I think it was mostly fine. A little less wacky than usual and I did like the big round table interaction the guests had before as opposed to the more sedate 3 person couch with Jeff at the helm. Overall I got to hear their thoughts on most of the key topics several times over, so no real complaints here.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I'll say that I actually really prefer the format of this year's shows to the past. 2-4 people on the couch at a time gives everyone a much greater chance to speak; in years past some guests have only said a handful of words before their segment is over because the room is dominated by 1-2 louder/more social people.

That said, I definitely miss the show floor stuff. Hopefully Drew and Jason are working on it now and it wasn't just axed altogether.

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
    SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

I liked the new format

johnnymcginley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The new format was completely fucking awesome.

Looking forward to seeing new non-UPF premium content soon. It feels like it has been a while.

Palmlykta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

As someone who isn't interested in the Night Show I obviously miss the show floor videos to some extent. I understand why they don't want to make them though, must be a logistics/production nightmare.

That being said, I'm all about the conference talk-overs. Those are great.

ThePickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@pcorb said:

@thepickle: I don't know if you saw the Boyes/Language/Johnny V "interview", but the one word that couldn't be used to describe it is professional. In the best possible way (and also kind of the worst).

That is the one segment that felt like real Giant Bomb E3. I only wish they got more people in the mix for that, I don't like how limited the panels were

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.