Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

E3 2017

Concept »

The twenty-third annual Electronic Entertainment Expo took place June 13-15, 2017 at the Los Angeles Convention Center in Los Angeles, California.

Anyone here actually more interesed for Microsoft's E3 Presser than Sony?

• 71 results
    clagnaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#51  Edited By clagnaught

They certainly have more at stake between Scorpio and not having a lot of games lined up besides Crackdown 3 (and realistically, how well is a Crackdown 3 going to sell in 2017?). For me though, I have a 1080, a PS4, I'm probably going to get a Switch this year, and the last Xbox thing I had was my Xbox 360 that slowly but surely transformed into a Guitar Hero machine that was put out to pasture along with Warriors of Rock.

I'm curious, but this press conference will be a whole lot of nothing, while Sony's will probably end with me saying "Oh, that's when X is coming out. Right on."

big_denim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

@at93850: I don't know if I'm necessarily "down on" xbox exlcusives but so much as burnt out at this point. MS has been pummeling the same handful of franchises into the ground (Halo, Forza, Gears) and the new IPs were met with mixed reactions (Quantum Break, ReCore, Sunset Overdrive). This is in stark contrast to Sony's addition of new IPs to their exclusive catalogue (Nioh, Last Guardian, Horizon, Bloodborne, etc.)

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy a Halo night with friends, and Forza is pretty awesome, but I want something new and fresh - not something I was playing 15 years ago (crazy to think Halo is that old isn't it!?!?).

at93850

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#54  Edited By at93850

@big_denim: I can totally agree with that but PS4 has been the same way for me outside of Horizon Zero Dawn, everything else I've bought is just the next version of a previous game. I think it's just a problem with games now in general because of the development costs unfortunately. That's probably why Horizon Zero Dawn has been one of my favorite games this generation, because it's new and fresh. I also liked Halo Wars 2 a bunch because strategy games like that just don't exist on consoles so it was fun to play some C&C type game.

GundamGuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By GundamGuru
    @big_denim said:

...Don't get me wrong, I enjoy a Halo night with friends...

I would have also, if they hadn't nixed split-screen play. Who's going to have people physically over and then set up a console and TV for each player? Luckily they're backpedaling on that.

All that said, I think that the Scorpio is most interesting for someone looking to drive a 4K TV with a console. Key details remain on that front, though, like price, but it does have more power and you do still get all the cross-plats.

big_denim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

@freedom4556: Ya, good point, I totally forgot about that. I was on the verge of buying an X1 for Halo 5, and when they dropped that bomb, I had no incentive to buy an X1. Smooth move MS, smooth move.

TheWildCard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I am curious how they are going to sell Scorpio, but Sony has had more interesting conferences for a long time, so no. That might change this year but I wouldn't go in counting on it.

Scottjay01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depends, if theres allot of Japanese stuff at Sony then that's more interesting for me (I hated theirs last year outside of I think death stranding I couldnt have cared less for all the rest of it) but if Sony shows Shenmue 3, Death Stranding, FFVII Remake, KH3 & a new batman game I'd be all over it But if its more of last years stuff I'd be way more into what Microsoft has to show I want FULL backwards compatibility with my Xbox 360 discs and I'll upgrade to Scorpio. Show Crackdown, Forza H3 and Gears 4 running even better on it and great.

AndyC80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thepanzini: Cuphead! Right! That game is destined to disappoint

ThePanzini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@andyc80: It'll be great for what is and beautiful to look at but I can't imagine alot people being enthusiastic to play a challenging 2D boss rush game thinking many will wish it was something else.

AndyC80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thepanzini: so I think they were going to add a bunch of non boss run to it, which is why it got delayed. I'd be super worried about that one.

KirkyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I always watch all the conferences - been a tradition since the GameSpot days - but I'm probably most excited about EA's this year, since it seems like they'll finally be able to actually show a decent chunk of all those Star Wars games they've had in development since they snagged the licence.

ThePanzini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@andyc80: Don't think so, the plan for Cuphead was to release the game with 30+ boss encounters then add 10-15 more at a time via DLC. I wouldn't say Cuphead was even delayed development started in 2010 when revealed in 2014 it was 40% complete a 2016 release always sounded too optimistic, I doubt the studio would have even enough time to add any non boss stuff in one year. My guess is Cupheads levels consists of multiple boss fights in sequence which transition seamlessly one after another unique hand drawn animations likely adds considerable time having little repeating assets.

Qrowdyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Microsoft and their aging franchises. Forza. Halo something. Is Crackdown worth getting excited about? The first game was a pleasant surprise, but not super great while the second one was a disappointment. Indie games that may or may not come out. What happened to Below? How many times has Cuphead been delayed?

What will get me excited about Xbox again? New IPs. A LOT of fucking new IPs. Sea of Thieves looks good. But its one game. Hopefully E3 is full of Xbox surprises , because if Sony continues this barrage of GOTY contenders Microsoft is gonna get buried by the end of the year.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

They stand to have the more interesting conference. Well, they should. So, from that perspective I'm definitely more curious. I've got games to play for ages at this point, so this year the pressers are really just for kicks.

MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No not really.

blackichigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Constantly I find myself asking who the Scorpio is for? I ask this not as a fanboy for Sony. I definitely didn't buy a PS4 Pro and never will. I just feel whatever price the Scorpio will be it just makes more sense to go ahead and drop the money on a decent PC and still play nearly all of the Xbox games.

How much more interested in their sales pitch than anything.

GundamGuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By GundamGuru

@blackichigo: It's for a 4K TV owner. A 4K capable PC is like $1500+ without the peripherals. The "build a PC" argument has never held water, and I say that as a PC gamer. Scorpio could be PS3 launch money ($599) and still be a good deal. It's got better specs than the PS4 Pro and the 4K bluray drive. The only thing against it is the Sony exclusives.

lead_dispencer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sure I would like to see what Microsoft is doing. But as far as Scorpio I have zero interest. I never owned their console. Everything Microsoft related I played on the pc. But having a pc PS4 pro and a switch soon I'm just not going to get an Xbox anytime soon.

Not to be a fanboy just haven't been an Xbox guy. Would love them to have some exciting stuff just to shake up the industry though. Maybe more vr stuff because I feel like that has flattened out overall

Avatar image for opusofthemagnum
    OpusOfTheMagnum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am usually more interested in what Microsoft has to show. Sony has really only surprised me in a positive way a couple of times. Hoping that Microsoft has some cool stuff to announce. I have to assume the Scorpio is what they've been holding out for.

I still think the Xbox platform has more interestinf exclusives generally. The few times they've done the kinds of titles I'd expect from Sony they never seem to come out or deliver if they do. I still cant think of many Sony exclusives I'm interested in on PS4.

That being said, I need to see somehing new from them. Halo hasn't mattered to me since Bungie stopped making them and I've enjoyed a lot of Gears of War and Forza. I would love to see more Sea of Thieves and Sunset Overdrives. One off exclusives that are new properties. We shall see.

blackichigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@freedom4556: But that's kind of what I mean though. Someone who owns a 4K television probably takes the entertainment serious enough that they will just go ahead and spend the extra money on a pc.

I guess I just find it hard to justify a 4k console that only plays these exclusives or that with my budget. It seems to be a better to buy a more universal machine rather been a console half step. If you going to dip your toe in the water you might as well go balls deep.

GundamGuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By GundamGuru

@blackichigo: You can get 4K TVs for under $600 (mine was), but besides that you could get all three consoles for the price of a good PC. It's not a small financial leap, or some binary all-or-nothing thing. There's also the input preference to consider (using KB+M on a couch sucks).

Eventually all TVs will be 4k, and it's not like they're all $3000 HDR OLEDs like Jeff's.

at93850

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackichigo: For me, I game in a recliner. Playing with a mouse and keyboard isn't great, plus online play is generally better on the xbox than it is on the pc. I tried hooking up my pc and playing starcraft 2 in my recliner and it was ok but not the greatest, trying to manage the keyboard and mouse was cumbersome at best. So for me, the scorpio (and ps4 pro) are perfect for me, higher end consoles that can get reasonably close to higher end pc's while playing all the latest games. I used to be a huge pc gamer for like 20 years but eventually the constant pain of drivers/crashing, cheaters/hackers, and the movement of games from pc first to console first made me switch from primarily pc to primarily console. Online play is a big part of it, I was getting so sick of cheaters on the pc, the consoles have made that aspect so much better for me even if the controller isn't as good as keyboard/mouse for FPS games. Plus I know I'm on a level playing field, I know I'm not losing because player A has a super high end pc with a sub 5ms monitor,etc, on the consoles I'm losing because I suck compared to them. That's why I like the ps4 pro and scorpio.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.