Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

E3 2017

Concept »

The twenty-third annual Electronic Entertainment Expo took place June 13-15, 2017 at the Los Angeles Convention Center in Los Angeles, California.

Bethesda New E3 schedule

AlvaroFAraujo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Their Schedule says 9PM Pacific time

So A few days ago, Bethesda decided to push their press conference for E3 2 hours later, than it was scheduled. As an European and a giantbomb follower. How am I going to stay up till 6AM, to watch a press conference?! I live on the GMT time zone, so for those in Scandinavia or German region should watch it around 7AM/8AM.

I know a lot of Europeans were watching last year in the GB channel. So what strategies are you going to employ to stay up to watch an over crazed fan girl shout at every new announcement for Elder Scrolls Online

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By ll_Exile_ll

That's bizarre. Especially because Bethesda is an east coast company. The rest of the company that didn't make the trip out west will be watching this thing at midnight.

Marino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 102

#3 Marino  Staff

@alvarofaraujo: It also says gates open at 6:30. They wouldn't be opening the gates 2.5 hours early. I think the start time on that page is just an error. All the other official info still says 7pm.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wouldn't count on Bethesda having anything worthwhile to show this year anyway.

AlvaroFAraujo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marino: Well I hope you are right, because i usually am sleeping at that hour. And was not expecting to lose the GB panel of the conferences.

@pyrodactyl Its not that I'm particularly interested on Bethesda this year. But if for some reason they stick with the 9PM schedule, "F" them. Could they be that inconsiderate of their European audience?

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@alvarofaraujo: when it comes to E3 sadly no one gives a hoot about the European audience. I've waited till 3am in the past to watch Sony and then would start falling asleep in the lulls that always happen. You just wake up the next day and Google the highlights.

AlvaroFAraujo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By AlvaroFAraujo

@humanity: I can relate to this, that's why I said I see a lot of Europeans on GB chat during the press conferences, even on the later panels after the showfloor, where it usually goes until 4AM (GMT) top. I don't mind being awake until 4AM tops. So if Bethesda actually postponed it to 6AM, I won't be watching it, even if they had a new Elder scrolls to show. But I like seeing shit live, so I'm looking for strategies that Europeans might have to deal with this schedule

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alvarofaraujo: I mean honestly the only two strategies are to either stay up or wake up early. I've woken up for press conferences at 5am in the past, but despite video games being a huge passion of mine I still felt a little dumb doing so; especially since I'd feel hungover at work from getting so little sleep, all to see one or two announcements that interested me.

AlvaroFAraujo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity: thats the thing, i dont want to be in a hangover "similar" state during the press conferences. Since I dont usually wake up early to things like these, i always wondered how it made you feel if you do. Thanks for your input.

I just hope @marino is right about them messing up on their website.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alvarofaraujo: In my experience it was rarely worth it. From experience I'm sure you know conferences have a ton of filler in between the good stuff - and it's particularly hard to endure if you decide to stay up. It's a little better if you wake up for it but then you're getting up way early for like one or two good announcements. I like watching it with the Bombcrew commenting in real time, but yah the few times I roughed it out I was usually really sleepy and it wasn't as fun.

AlvaroFAraujo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marino: Here is the thing that i just remembered. Is it possible Bethesda is targeting the 1PM time slot for Japanese Audience. I say this because we could maybe see Skyrim on the Switch.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Go to bed early and wake up at 6? Seems that would be the best option unless you want to watch other ones that come on late. Also could wait till its archived.

LeStephan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awesome, I always wake up around 5/6 am, thats perfect!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.