Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

E3 2017

Concept »

The twenty-third annual Electronic Entertainment Expo took place June 13-15, 2017 at the Los Angeles Convention Center in Los Angeles, California.

The Official BETHESDA Thread

Marino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 102

#1  Edited By Marino  Staff
    No Caption Provided

In a nearly unanimous decision, @tankcontrols won this year's Bethesda contest. a_rad_skulls' "delayed" banner took 2nd place. And one of our returning champions, face15, took 3rd with their "Electronic Triple" montage.

The Official E3 2017 BETHESDA Discussion

Woooooooooooooooooooo!
    Woooooooooooooooooooo!

E3 is THE place for announcing never before seen games. It's exciting, fast-paced stuff and we're all enthusiastic to start talking about all the new toys. But, please keep in-depth discussions about specific games in their respective forums. For more information about how to help us keep things organized, go check out the E3 2017 and You! thread.

In an attempt to keep the E3 shenanigans organized, the mods institute these official discussion threads for each conference so that everybody has a go-to place to discuss them before, during, and after the show.

Keep Discussions On Topic

This thread is exclusively for the general discussion of the Bethesda press conference. Discussion involving the other company's conferences should be taken to their respective threads (once they're posted).

Specific Announcements

Pete gon' give it to ya.
    Pete gon' give it to ya.

To help you get where you need to go to talk about anything announced or shown during this press conference, we have created a list of them right here:

Despite the insanity of E3, keep in mind that the general site rules still apply. So, don't be a dick. If you need a refresher on to conduct yourself like an upstanding citizen of the Giant Bomb community, check out the FAQ.

Where Can I Watch?

Sunday, June 11 @ 9:00 PM PDT - Dolby Theatre (Your Local Time)

Cluter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Holy shit, that banner.

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

The second I first saw that banner I knew it would reign supreme. Such good work, @tankcontrols !

marcmann2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What are the expected showings tonight other than ESO and Quake Champs?

MindBullet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@marcmann2: Maybe DOOM DLC? There's some hope for a new mainline Elder Scrolls, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

marcmann2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mindbullet: There have been rumblings of a new Wolfenstein. Think they'd do DOOM DLC and not a full sequel?

MindBullet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marcmann2: Still think it's too early for that. DOOM is only a year old (it feels like forever ago). If anything it'd be a big add-on campaign or something. I'd bet Wolfenstein this year and then maybe a DOOM 2(?) announcement in 2018.

crazyleaves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

ThePanzini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By ThePanzini

They'll show ESO Morrowind as it just released, an ad for Evil Within 2 was briefly seen on reddit and Wolfenstein New Colossus at this point is the worlds worst-kept secret. We won't see Elder Scrolls VI Bethesda are working on a new IP supposedly Skyrim in a sci-fi setting the recently rumored Starfield sound like it but it seems far too early to show.

marcmann2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe Prey DLC or Dishonored 2 DLC

katpottz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

I think it will mostly be ESO news and that new Quake game. Probably nothing exciting.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

Wish this wasn't so late, have to work early tomorrow

Avatar image for shadowknight508
    ShadowKnight508

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

Loading Video...

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've never played a Wolfenstein game and I'm not that into shooters, but...that new Wolfenstein looks pretty rad.

burncoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Billy Lurk DLC and new Wolfenstein made me really happy, but I really could not have cared less for the rest of their presser.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a0917a2494ce
    deactivated-5a0917a2494ce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Wow, that Wolfenstein trailer is the best trailer I've seen in years. Great stuff!

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Press conference really makes me want to go back and finish Wolfenstein, that new one looks amazing.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

Honestly I dunno if Bethesda needed a press conference this year, but it was definitely cool for them to say "All of this stuff will be out this year." I'll play that Dishonored DLC, I'll probably play Wolfenstein (I should go back and finish The New Order...) and I'll probably even play a new Evil Within. That first one was divisive for a good reason (namely, it oscillated between effective, tense shooting and cheap garbage insta-death at the drop of a hat) but the core was good enough that I think a sequel that fixes those problems could legitimately be a lot of fun.

Avatar image for militantfreudian
    militantfreudian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I will more than likely play the Dishonored DLC, probably the new Wolfenstein too, but that press conference was underwhelming. The Wolfenstein montage was poorly-edited, and the Dishonored trailer was, well, not in-game. Here's hoping next year's conference is more akin to the past two years'.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

I like today's trend of HERE'S A BUNCH OF GAMES WITH SOME MORE GAMES IN BETWEEN ON TOP OF GAMES with hardly anyone on stage. I really enjoyed their presentation in particular with the whole Bethesdaland thing. It was silly and fun and something different.

That out of the way, they really didn't have anything that wowed me. The new Wolfenstein looked cool, but like...that's it. I wouldn't say it was bad or anything though. They just didn't have any games for me.

BoboBones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By BoboBones

Wolfenstein looks great. It's definitely buzzing with the right vibes. Loved the New Order.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

Weirdly short, but it's fine. Less fine was them showing off old shit I thought. That was kinda... I dunno, a bit embarrassing, going over already released games like that. Dedicating segments to Fallout 4 VR and Skyrim on the Switch. Fuckin whaaaatever.

In any case, I had zero interest in The Evil Within 1 but the footage of the sequel looks pretty killer. Dishonored DLC has me interested because I remember Daud and the Outsider is the most interesting thing about those games. Besides those, holy shit that new Wolfenstein game looks relentless. And that armor looks really goddamn cool.

Next time New Order and Old Blood are on sale I'll probably have to pick em up and blast through em to get up to speed.

But yeah, kind of an odd press conference. I came away from it excited for some more stuff though, so I guess it's good enough. As presenters are often keen to say, at the end of the day it's all about da gaemez.

Brackstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly, it was pretty good. That Wolfenstein trailer was fantastic, I'm excited for more Evil Within, especially if they can learn the right lessons from the first game, and more Dishonored is always a good thing. Also, the story setup for this new Dishonored thing is a hell of a lot more interesting than the main plot of 2, so I'm definitely in.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b85a38d6c493
    deactivated-5b85a38d6c493

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

That fucking Wolfenstein 2 trailer.

THAT. FUCKING. WOLFENSTEIN 2. TRAILER

NeverGameOver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#26  Edited By NeverGameOver

This conference was super predictable to anyone paying attention.. I said going in that it'd be Wolfenstein, either Dishonored or Doom DLC, and whatever Tango games has been working on. I had been hoping that Tango's game would he something new and exciting -- Evil Within just doesn't interest me-- but no dice. At least Wolfenstein looks good. Was really obnoxious of them to schedule it so late though, especially for a 30 minute showing which included 20 minutes on already released games.

Maluvin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolfenstein looks incredible. Look the gameplay and feel of the last one this looks like they turned the action knob up to 11.

In regards to the short conference run time I'm guessing that this is a off year for them in terms of release schedule but that they're probably already signed up for multiple years of presentation space and services so they had this space booked anyways so may as well make the most of it.

TreeTrunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

I'm a little put off by the Wolfenstein 2 season pass, what's in it? Is it worth it? Who knows.

zaccheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

New Colossus is definitely the trailer of the show.

mak_wikus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By mak_wikus

I can't wait for New Colossus. I haven't been this excited about a game for a loong time.

The trailer was great, but I feel like they've shown a bit too much. I think I know some important story/character beats already.

Also, (New Order spoilers) I like how they apparently didn't choose a canon timeline. Both Fergus and Wyatt are alive in the trailer and it looks like they don't, um... coexist? Is that the right word? Anyway, during the scenes with Frau Engel we see Fergus in the background at 3:05, while at 7:43 it's Wyatt, so we're clearly looking at alternative versions of the same scene.

And now for my New Colossus' B.J.'s arc theory:

1. He wakes up;
    2. is confined to a wheelchair;
    3. gets into the Da'at Yichud power suit(we see naked Caroline at 3:05 and she was the one wearing it in New Order);
    4. looses the suit(and in turn his jacket), and here's the craziest part: the Nazis can't get him out of the suit, so they just cut B.J.'s head off;
    5. Anya and trippy Wyatt break into the lab to steal B.J's head(wacky LSD-fueled hijinks ensue, because severed heads?); Debunked by lead writer Jens Matthies.
    6. B.J.'s head gets transplanted onto a different body. (During the converstaion with the American resistance leader B.J. is wearing a different jacket and has a metallic looking seam on his neck. To support this theory, see: the cat-monkey.)

Whew, sorry if all that sounds like ramblings of a mad man or if you know all this already. I just had to get all that out of me.

Avatar image for twilight_prince
    Twilight_Prince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only one that got me interested is Skyrim which is the ultimate edition for the Switch.

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

so is fallout 4 vr coming to psvr? they have been weird about info on it

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.