Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

E3 2017

Concept »

The twenty-third annual Electronic Entertainment Expo took place June 13-15, 2017 at the Los Angeles Convention Center in Los Angeles, California.

The Official ELECTRONIC ARTS Thread

• 54 results
    Marino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 102

#1  Edited By Marino  Staff
    No Caption Provided

Congrats to @ozone for winning the first banner of E3 2017! tom_omb's soccer Vader came in 2nd. jman240's 45 minutes of FIFA took 3rd.

The Official E3 2017 Electronic Arts Discussion

Join us. We're not at E3. We're 8 miles away in Hollywood. Please join us.
    Join us. We're not at E3. We're 8 miles away in Hollywood. Please join us.

E3 is the place for announcing never before seen games. It's exciting, fast-paced stuff and we're all enthusiastic to start talking about all the new toys. But, please keep in-depth discussions about specific games in their respective forums. For more information about how to help us keep things organized, go check out the E3 2017 and You! thread.

In an attempt to keep the E3 shenanigans organized, the mods institute these official discussion threads for each conference so that everybody has a go-to place to discuss them before, during, and after the show.

Keep Discussions On Topic

This thread is exclusively for the general discussion of the Electronic Arts press conference. Discussion involving the other company's conferences should be taken to their respective threads (once they're posted).

Specific Announcements

Get your game face on!
    Get your game face on!

To help you get where you need to go to talk about anything announced or shown during this press conference, we have created a list of them right here:

Despite the insanity of E3, keep in mind that the general site rules still apply. So, don't be a dick. If you need a refresher on to conduct yourself like an upstanding citizen of the Giant Bomb community, check out the FAQ.

Where Can I Watch?

Saturday, June 10 @ 12 PM PDT - The Hollywood Palladium (Your Local Time)

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#2 FinalDasa  Moderator

I'm ready to tear up when that Star Wars music hits.

Blockbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Let's get this train wreck off the tracks already

bondfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By bondfish

Get ready for the announcement of Bioware's new IP

Turul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SURVEY SAYS

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

... and here comes Ronaldo!

HotSaucerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mark Hamill and Harrison Ford throw on headsets to attempt a death star run together in Battlefront. They are defeated time and time again, and feel that something is missing. Out of nowhere, Snoop emerges in full Jedi robes and gives them secret weapon "Proton Torpedo Sativo" strain. The republic wins as the death star ignites in a fiery blaze.

processr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

FIFA 18 VR, finally you can be the soccer ball

BrainScratch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alright, I'm ready for FIFA: Star Wars. Cristiano Ronaldo scoring goals on Tatooine.

Also, #SKATE4 aka the Skate Or Die reboot.

sgtsphynx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 32

#10 sgtsphynx  Moderator

I blame all the weed references for me misspelling @jman240's name in my vote as jman420

splodge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is the GB stream tonight free or premium?

Avatar image for deactivated-5b85a38d6c493
    deactivated-5b85a38d6c493

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@splodge: Free. I believe all the E3 live streams are free. Like 99% sure.

Drekly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pretty boring lineup for EA? Not sure what I was expecting though.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not that I dislike hearing what Giant Bomb has to say over these streams (and I may do so at a later time), but I think I'm going to want to watch it live without any commentary first, and my brother would rather see it that way too which is the main reason. I'd also like to watch it on YouTube on the PS4, on my TV. Does anyone have a good link to a page for that? Is that a bad thing to ask here? Ha ha.

splodge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

In 5 Hours: Battlefront II!

katpottz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

long shot hope: star wars republic commando remaster

cannonballbam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Brutal Legend 2

Avatar image for deactivated-5cdbdf5c5a6e1
    deactivated-5cdbdf5c5a6e1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Please no Medal of Honor.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

I love Josef Fares and A Way Out looks like it could be a winner.

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't think they showed a single thing I want to play ;/. A Way Out... sure, but I'm not gonna play with another person so that's a no buy.

jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By jkz

I wish I had people in my life who cared about video games so I could play A Way Out, 'cus that seemed super interesting. Nothing else caught my attention really.

MindBullet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I love interacting with CONTENT along with my fellow CREATORS and INFLUENCERS!! STAR WARS!!! #skate4

ThePanzini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By ThePanzini  Online

A Way Out looks to be the best game I won't get to play in an a long awkward uneven show with too many talking heads repeating themselves A Way Out was EA's single shining light.

Panfoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A Way Out seems neat but I more than likely won't play it due to being co-op required, otherwise...meh. It looks like Battlefront 2 is starting to get closer to how Battlefront 2 was and god does this sentence seem stupid.

BrainScratch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By BrainScratch

I'm surprised the GB crew liked the conference, I thought it was pretty bad and all over the place.

Besides the sports, EA showed three/four games and teased Anthem. The rest was just "influencers" and "youtubers". The conference could have been 30 minutes and it would still be too long for the amount of atual content they had to show.

A Way Out seemed to be really cool, even though I thought the cartoonish artstyle of the characters looked bad in contrast with the realistic environments. A shame that it's co-op only.

Need For Speed seemed "meh". It was more eye candy than anything else, the actual gameplay seemed uninteresting and just a way to get to the next cutscene. It feels like a really bland Fast and Furious/Burnout/The Crew wannabe. I liked the 2015 game, it had some issues but it also had a lot of potential, it's a shame they didn't kept going that direction and switched gears for something else. But their team has been really good at listening to the fans and kept updating the 2015 game based on the feedback they were getting, so let's hope I'm wrong about this one and Payback is actually good.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

I'll say this, it was a decent conference but a pretty bad E3 conference. I mean these are supposed to be once a year amazing world-revealing events. What they showed was alright but it certainly didn't feel as spectacular as it should have. EA has this awesome new IP and instead of debuting it on their own press conference they're going to give the full reveal to Microsoft?

Need for Speed looked good. It looked a lot like Need for Speed Rivals which was an awesome game that everyone completely forgot about - a game that is probably better than Burnout Paradise. I mean I love Vinny, but Paradise does not hold up that great when you play it these days.

Soccer whatever.

Basketball whatever.

Football whatever.

Co-op only game.. ehhh I mean it looked decent but I'm not playing this with a stranger online, and I don't have anyone to play it with me on the couch.. so I guess I'm just not playing it?

Star Wars looked a lot like the last game. I'm with Vinny here that I want to run towards an X-Wing, get in it, and take off from a runway or whatever, and they didn't show that. I am not itching to play it, but I'm at least considering getting it down the road at a discount when it's bundled with a bunch of maps and stuff.

Biggest crime of this whole conference?

No Dead Space.

I know in my heart of hearts that it's forever gone.. but I want to believe.

DinosaurCanada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"""""Entertainment""""" factor was low, which is incredibly disappointing. EA usually brings the dumb shit

cerberus3dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It met my expectations because I didn't have much to begin with. Looking forward to more Anthem info tomorrow at the Xbox conference. A Way Out looked stellar and I'm a big fan of Brothers. As someone who is a fan of the older Need For Speed releases and Fast and the Furious, I don't get the excitement for Need for Speed. Their direction away from car culture towards more "Action movie" set pieces isn't something I'm a fan of.

ThePanzini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By ThePanzini  Online

@humanity said:

Star Wars looked a lot like the last game. I'm with Vinny here that I want to run towards an X-Wing, get in it, and take off from a runway or whatever, and they didn't show that. I am not itching to play it, but I'm at least considering getting it down the road at a discount when it's bundled with a bunch of maps and stuff.

You really don't wants this although very cool but like in every Battlefield game prior to BF1 folks will stand around waiting on vehicle spawns the same thing also happened with Battlefronts pickups. This way everyone can earn points and all players will get a chance to do the thing they want.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b85a38d6c493
    deactivated-5b85a38d6c493

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A Way Out looks nice. It's cool to see them going for this really specific co-op experience. I'm sure it will put a lot of people off, but if they can make it work it could be something really special.
    New Need for Speed looks like a new Burnout with some F&F scenes thrown in.
    Not a surprise that Battlefront 2 looks amazing visually. The serious commentary over the match stream made it seem so boring though. Like it's a fucking Battlefront game, why surround it in this e-sports shit. Maybe I'm just showing my ignorance, but what an uninteresting ending to the conference.

jrudd1123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By jrudd1123

I really like these, but can't stand them shitting on Men in Blazers. I barley care about soccer, but those guys are great.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

E3: An endless stream of people you've never heard of that didn't develop the game.

OMGFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That was very poor, not just in terms of things shown but people messing up their lines (was the guy doing the cue cards messing up?), video mishaps like NBA popping up during Battlefront and too much reliance on social media "influencers".

katpottz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#35  Edited By katpottz

That was pretty terrible. Mostly sports, a bioware teaser that may as well been "hey, were making a space game, peace out." and the one game I was excited for (Battlefront 2) they showed to be more of the same of the original but with different eras, really? Im actively disappointed coming out of this.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#36  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

Overall, not really a great conference, but I'm hoping we'll see some more of Bioware's new game tomorrow in Microsoft's presentation.

NFS looks possibly cool, but it's hard to say based on how little we've seen if it'll pan out to actually be a good game. A Way Out looked great, but I rarely get the opportunity to play co-op.

ViggyNash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think we all know what the best takeaway from the EA conference is:

Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes.

burncoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just can't believe they ended their stream on 30 minutes of Star Wars Battlefront 2. Worse still were the forced "conversations" and fake enthusiasm that reminded me of RedLetterMedia's The Nerd Crew (Very Cool). It was so boring to watch (even if it's fun to play) and it killed me a little bit when they announced Phase 2 and Phase 3 of the match.

It all felt very lackluster and embarrassing.

tankcontrols

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By tankcontrols

Given that EA is a huge conglomerate corporation with a huge library of IPs and a wealth of talent, why was this the second E3 in a row where it felt like they were struggling to put together enough material to show?

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#40  Edited By Humanity

@thepanzini: While that is indeed a problem that existed in the past and is hard to rectify, I do prefer the cinematic feel as compared to teleporting into stuff. I'm no game designer but I'm sure there is a way they could fix this problem. Have tokens that you earn that give you access to a hanger in which vehicles will constantly spawn for instance. In Star Wars those ships always fly out from behind those big energy shields in hanger bays. This eliminates the problem of people camping out vehicle spawns but also fixes the problem of getting shot up before you get a chance to take off, and Tie Fighters appear to be fixed in place on these weird hanger things anyway. Then they could also have landing strips that re-arm your ship with stuff like in past BF games.

Surely there is some better way to do it than the goofy tokens.

mellotronrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By mellotronrules

hmm. i've got a real prove-it-to-me attitude vis a vis 'anthem.' clearly it's a different studio from montreal- but my faith in bioware has really shifted from the DA:origins/ME2 days of 'i'll buy anything you put out' to 'this is seems just ok and i can live without it.'

since this is presumably their a-team working on it, it had better show well.

tokit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By tokit
    No Caption Provided

sheabon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By sheabon

Need for Speed Payback looked like something I would enjoy because, explosions!

A Way Out looked good for those who enjoy playing games with others. I really hope you can enter the gas station Roy & Rogers and find these guys in there: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macken_(TV_series).

mrcraggle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

It was a near 90 minute show where they barely showed anything. It's like they just didn't want us to see any actual gameplay. Every year they get up on stage and show off a sports game and I always question why? E3 just isn't the venue for it but they do typically show the game. This year, they still spent timing talking about those games but they were just cutscenes and didn't bother to show us what was new gameplay wise. Fifa took up over 10 minutes of the presser in a mix of e-sports and banter from two old blokes. Then there was all the "influencer" BS. The show was plagued with it. Let's show off the new Battlefield 1 content but first here's some Youtubers and let's say "passion" and "community" 50 times to really drive home that it's more than just a pew pew pew-em up. Star Wars was the exact same shit. I don't really know much more about the new Star Wars but I know that some Youtubers had some shit to say about it.

The only saving grace of the show was A Way Out. Josef Fares was a breath of fresh air up on that stage as he spoke frankly about it. While it's obviously not going to be a game for everyone due to its required co-op gameplay, I'm glad to see that such a thing exists as I can't think of anything else like that.

WeyounNumber6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Naboo multiplayer means I buy Battlefront 2 day one, and probably A Way Out too. That looks super interesting. Everything else is a rental but I will try that new Need For Speed as well.

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

I just wonder if anyone from EA actually watches their conference each year because they continue to be the worst.

Or am I just the wrong demographic for all these cool 'Youtube creators'.

I know soccer! I know soccer players! But their presentations on it is awful every year.

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
    SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

NFS looked exciting. Battlefront 2 looked beautiful. And A Way Out looked like a fresh outside of the box thinking innovative game. Can't wait to play A Way Out.

Pezen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A way out looked potentially interesting, funny that Josef Fares put his own brother in the game too. The rest of the conference were a bunch of sports (except the only one I wish they had talked about, UFC), Need for Speed which I actually didn't find appealing at all and so much Battlefront it almost made me tired of Battlefront. I don't even count that Bioware thing as worth discussing since it didn't tell me anything other than I didn't initially click with whatever that seems to be. I'll reserve judgement on that until Microsoft.

I think the only really interesting thing regarding EA was how much they were indirectly pushing Microsoft's Scorpio.

Skytylz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Was the vehicle situation in battlefront the same? I never saw anyone get in one.

Having them be weird pickups that re-spawn you in a vehicle really hurts the sandbox of battlefield games, so I'm probably out if that's still the case.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

Naboo multiplayer means I buy Battlefront 2 day one

Something I never expected to read.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.