Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

E3 2017

Concept »

The twenty-third annual Electronic Entertainment Expo took place June 13-15, 2017 at the Los Angeles Convention Center in Los Angeles, California.

The Official NINTENDO Thread

Marino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 102

#1  Edited By Marino  Staff
    No Caption Provided

Congratulations to @forteexe21 on winning this year's Nintendo E3 banner contest! bryngylf nearly won with their last minute "snap" banner. And then we had two returning champions tie for 3rd with b0nd07's Pikachu banner and tovan's "straps on" banner.

The Official E3 2017 NINTENDO Discussion

Get ready for the 5th Annual Nintendo E3 Not-A-Press-Conference.
    Get ready for the 5th Annual Nintendo E3 Not-A-Press-Conference.

E3 is THE place for announcing never before seen games. It's exciting, fast-paced stuff and we're all enthusiastic to start talking about all the new toys. But, please keep in-depth discussions about specific games in their respective forums. For more information about how to help us keep things organized, go check out the E3 2017 and You! thread.

In an attempt to keep the E3 shenanigans organized, the mods institute these official discussion threads for each conference so that everybody has a go-to place to discuss them before, during, and after the show.

Keep Discussions On Topic

This thread is exclusively for the general discussion of the Nintendo press conference. Discussion involving the other company's conferences should be taken to their respective threads (once they're posted).

Specific Announcements

We're all about that Donk.
    We're all about that Donk.

To help you get where you need to go to talk about anything announced or shown during this press conference, we have created a list of them right here:

Despite the insanity of E3, keep in mind that the general site rules still apply. So, don't be a dick. If you need a refresher on to conduct yourself like an upstanding citizen of the Giant Bomb community, check out the FAQ.

Where Can I Watch?

Tuesday, June 13 @ 9:00 AM PDT (Your Local Time)

MindBullet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By MindBullet

I hope they say something about Animal Crossing, even if it's just more info about that mobile game they brought up a while back.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a48049f850e3
    deactivated-5a48049f850e3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Come on Nintendo give me a reason to buy a Switch.

joeygills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I think Zelda and Mario x Rabbids are good reasons to buy a Switch.

Curious to see what else they're going to have to offer us in the future.

I really wanna see some Squenix stuff since they said they plan on fully supporting the Switch.

forteexe21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh wow. Didn't expect to actually win as there were some really good ones and its been years since i last used photoshop (and its terrible for animation). Glad to know it was worth the effort to spend 5 hours keying the joycon to the wiimote and another 2 hours to sync it with jeff's face. I'd like to thank Dan for making everyone suffer through Mario Party for making this possible.

PhilOsyfee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nicksmi56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NINTENDO JUST ANNOUNCED EVERYTHING I'VE EVER LOVED!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D

This was the best E3 ever. I'm SO HAPPY!!!

MindBullet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Animal Crossing, but they're actually making a new real Metroid game which I never even thought would happen. New Kirby, Yoshi, Pokemon... They did pretty well.

The new Mario looks INSANE, but in a great way.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm sold.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By ArtisanBreads

They didn't really show much considering Metroid and Pokemon were the bare minimum of what you can do at E3 (a title card and then a guy saying we're making it!).

Odyssey looked pretty good after New Donk City. The realistic environment looked just bad how it was shown. Terrible fog that reminded me of N64 type stuff. After they left that though it got a lot better. I don't think they showed it in the best way and there's probably some cool wacky stuff throughout.

Rabbids was awesome I have to remember but this show didn't do so much for me besides giving me the feeling Nintendo is starting to unite all development behind the Switch, which is what will get me to buy one eventually. Mario Odyssey definitely got my attention as well.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

that banner = e3

ThePanzini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Nintendo direct was for stuff mostly this year announcing MP4 now in development sounds decades away and ditto Pokemon kinda defeats the purpose, mostly not for me but Odyssey looks weird in a good with a fun gimmick.

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

katpottz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#15  Edited By katpottz

They are showing a new 2d metroid game right now, so that's pretty cool.

Teddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know it's stupid when they have Arms and Splatoon out so soon, but I don't think Nintendo can ever sell me on another console until they're more focused on new IP's than rehashing old ones (especially in the case of those Kirby and Yoshi games, those both just looked like they came off a factory production line). I didn't grow up on Nintendo consoles, so most of my reverence is for their 3rd party handheld franchises which... continue to not be moving to the Switch.

I'm still burned from buying a Wii U, I guess, so I'm just being extra critical of their offerings so I don't wind up shelling out $500 for something I end up barely using. At the very least I'm pretty sure I'm dropping $20 on that new Groom Bowser amiibo, that's quite possibly my favourite design in any Nintendo game.

GabrielCantor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You can put pins in the map in this 3DS Metroid so it's already the best one.

sodapop7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nintendo killed it again. Portable rocket league! I'm slamming that mario hat on my car asap.

AustinFlores

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Guys, I have an issue.

I have a regular old ass 3DS and I feel like I should dig it out and catch up on all the games I've missed. Should I a) dig it out or b) buy the new 2DS thingy thing? HELP ME BECAUSE I WANT TO PLAY THE NEW METROID and other games I've missed

jeremyf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 11

@austinflores: Even with the new edition, support for 3DS will probably be done sooner rather than later. Just use the old one, as the added features of the newer models are barely ever used.

PDXSonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I think Nintendo certainly has a good mix of games going forward (although much moreso in 2018). Certainly will be picking up a Switch either at the end of this year for Mario+Rabbids (a sentence I thought I'd never say), and Super Mario Odyssey or sometime in 2018 for Metroid Prime 4, and the new Pokemon.

Mendelson9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Loading Video...

Probably the best moment of the live show so far.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

Holy shit Nintendo bringing the fucking fire this year. "You guys want a Metroid game? Fuck you, here's two. YOU'RE WELCOME." A mainline Pokemon game for the Switch was never not going to be a thing, but I'm glad they're announcing it sooner rather than later.

The most surprising thing though is that Rocket League (and Minecraft) on the Nintendo Switch will support cross platform play with PC and XB1 players. Sooooo...where you at Sony? Excuses will only last so long. If big multiplayer games keep coming out and allow cross platform play on every platform except PS4, they're gonna start catching serious shit and rightfully so.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@mendelson9: Jeff's horrific screams always have me on the floor laughing.

sodapop7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@austinflores: The screen really does look quite a bit better on the new ones. If you can find one for under 100-125 I'd go for it, there's a huge library and games are going to keep coming out at least through this year and probably a little further. Nintendo doesn't want to abandon that install base yet.

Avatar image for twilight_prince
    Twilight_Prince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Twilight_Prince

Yeah, they are really winning this E3 with Metroid games and don't forget about Mario which is really awesome.

maginnovision

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just got a switch, for free, and it's suddenly very clear why every actual new game, not rerelease, is treated like the second coming. Maybe one of my kids will end up liking this thing but I'm not too excited about any of these announcements. Maybe Mario will be good, the super sparse schedule is kind of sad. Did they happen to give any update on virtual console?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.