Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

E3 2017

Concept »

The twenty-third annual Electronic Entertainment Expo took place June 13-15, 2017 at the Los Angeles Convention Center in Los Angeles, California.

What games do you expect or hope to see at this year's E3?

• 164 results
    Avatar image for deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1
    deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

E3 is just a few months away what games do you think or hope will be revealed this year?

• Evil within 2
    • New splinter cell game
    • FarCry 5, they really need to change the gameplay formula though it's getting stale.
    • Dying Light 2
    • Cyberpunk 2077
    • DeadSpace 4 wishful thinking
    ivdamke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By ivdamke

In terms of hope I gotta agree with Cyberpunk 2077, it's easily what I'm looking forward too most. I'm keen to see if they're going to try and evolve their own formula further and how they plan to address the criticisms of TW3s shortcomings in Cyberpunk. This will be their first game outside of The Witcher universe so I'm hoping its more than a Witcher game structurally with a Cyberpunk theme.

jeremyf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 11

I hope this is where we see the grand unveiling of Hitman Season 2. Some nice surprises would be appreciated, too.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

Far Cry 2 2

TheFlamingo352

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kinda curious to see what Ubisoft's gonna do with Assassin's Creed...I got off that train a long time ago, but it sounds like there's at least an attempt to mix things up over there. The "no traditional story missions" stuff could be a big change, orrrr just marketing bs, though.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

Not reveals, but I'd love to see some more Sea of Thieves and Crackdown 3. I hope they have 1 or 2 new IPs to announce as well because it seems too soon for another Gears. Halo 6 seems plausible, but I'd still bet on them saving that for next year. A new Forza is a given because lord knows you need a car game to show off your new system.

Shit that would make me lose my shit, but I don't honestly expect to see:

• Amped
    • Crimson Skies
    • MechAssult

Don't really care about any other press conference tbh. Microsoft has the most to prove this year so I find theirs to potentially be the most fascinating.

BonOrbitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Star Wars Battlefront 2

Anything PSVR related (please?!)

More from God of War

More info on The Last of Us Part 2

Elder Scrolls VI

Metroid for Switch (please?!)

Quality Nintendo games for Switch

Beyond Good & Evil 2

Avatar image for deactivated-5a48350594a61
    deactivated-5a48350594a61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maaaaan, I really hope they don't do a new splinter cell this year. As a long time fan of that whole series (excluding blacklist), I don't think Ubisoft has it in them do any good with that series anymore.

But if I had to hope for something special to get announced this year probably that Voodoo Vince Remaster and a Blinx The Time Cat Remaster, also bet they'll announce Battle Front 2

IamTerics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I fully expect a new Armored Core. Unless Bloodborne 2 exists, then I'd settle for that as well.

Ezekiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Ezekiel

The Evil Within sequel.

Gameplay of Death Stranding.

A Batman action-adventure that isn't Arkham.

New IPs, new IPs, new IPs.

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

Nick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Same game I always hope for, Beyond Good & Evil 2 :(

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ll_Exile_ll

@andythemez said:

Elder Scrolls 6.

Elder Scrolls VI

There's no way. Bethesda Game Studios has openly stated multiple times that they have two upcoming games, "bigger than any games they've made before," coming before the next Elder Scrolls, and Bethesda typically takes 3-5 years per game. TES VI isn't coming for a very long time. I wouldn't be surprised if it's like a 2025 release or later.

Corwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Corwag

I'm hoping I don't see Bloodborne 2. As a huge fan of the souls games, I think a year or two off from any souls type game would be beneficial. Fatigue seemed to be the primary reason why Dark Souls 3 came and went with almost no fanfare. I even bounced really hard off of Ni-Oh because I needed a break.

Having said that though, if they were to announce a remastered Demons Souls to hold us over until Bloodborne 2....I would be ok with that I think.

I do hope Capcom has ANYTHING to show of the Resident Evil 2 remake. Screenshots, or even just a verbal update.

Technician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want 2017 to continue being crazy so the thing I want the most is 2017 release dates. Cuphead, Below, Quake Champions, Spider-Man, MvC:I, God of War, Ni No Kuni 2, etc. All this year.

notnert427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Maaaaan, I really hope they don't do a new splinter cell this year. As a long time fan of that whole series (excluding blacklist), I don't think Ubisoft has it in them do any good with that series anymore.

But if I had to hope for something special to get announced this year probably that Voodoo Vince Remaster and a Blinx The Time Cat Remaster, also bet they'll announce Battle Front 2

Yeah, I'd like to see Ubisoft get the Rainbow Six franchise squared away before they try to delve back into Splinter Cell. Not that Siege was necessarily "bad", but it wasn't what the old games were. Then we just had Wildlands, which was kind of a clusterfuck and a bit of a disservice to some of the old GR games. It seems like they are at least trying to recapture some old magic, but haven't quite gotten it yet. Also, they seem understandably reticent as to if there's even a market for proper stealth games anymore. Part of me hopes they go balls-out with a true Splinter Cell game in the vein of Pandora Tomorrow or Chaos Theory to just see if it catches on here in 2017, and part of me wants them to try and slowly introduce this current generation of gamers to stealth games so the genre doesn't just die off entirely. In reality, they'll probably release a third-person shooter labeled "Splinter Cell" and miss the mark completely, and then use the failure as a reason to not make any more of them.

The Ubisoft presser this year is going to be really interesting. I'm curious to see what the "new-look" Assassin's Creed will be after the year hiatus, and also when/where, as the setting basically determines my interest in those games. There may well just need to be a changing of the guard at Ubi. So many of their recent games have been so similar in structure, and Wildlands doesn't exactly make me hopeful for their future plans. Everything they're making seems to rely far too much on "online experiences", and the reality of that is just so damn far off of their typical "four guys utilizing gameplay-specific communication and actual teamwork" demo bullshit. From the outside looking in, it just seems like Ubi is corporate-d to death. The phrase "market research shows" just has to be used on a daily basis there. it seems like every game is tailored to some generic crap they think will appeal to everyone, and instead doesn't really hook anyone.

I digress. For this E3, I'm looking forward to seeing what Hitman Season 2 will be, and I hope Ubi is paying attention to that game's success. I also hope Battlefront 2 isn't a thing yet, although I'm virtually certain it will be because $$$$$$$$$$$. Gotta have that tie-in with new Star Wars shit, y'all. I'd be much happier if EA would just put some effort into fixing some awful UI and matchmaking issues in Battlefield and Battlefront, but apparently those issues won't ever be cleaned up. I'm also curious to see Scorpio (assuming it's there), and I'm interested to see probably Forza 7 running on it to show off the prettys.

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#19  Edited By BaneFireLord

After the rash of my gaming dreams coming true over the past few years (for better, in the case of Breath of the Wild, or worse, in the case of Star Wars Battlefront), it's come down to the point where there are only two announced-yet-unreleased games I really care about on the horizon: Cyberpunk 2077 and Red Dead Redemption 2. I doubt Rockstar's going to show at E3, but I'm optimistic for at least a teaser for Cyberpunk.

As far as for unannounced projects that I'm mildly-to-moderately interested in, I'd say it's about 50/50 that we'll see some hints of whatever Bethesda Game Studios' new non-Fallout, non-Elder Scrolls IP is and probably a 65/35 chance that the BioWare A-team trots out some concept footage of whatever their new IP is (I imagine there might be some corporate pressure to show something new and exciting in the wake of Andromeda's less-than-stellar reception). I'd also say it's 100% likely we'll see the new Assassin's Creed.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lots of new IPs, obviously. Bigger budget ones too and not just indie titles.

Since I'm kinda exclusively playing on PS4 these days, I'd like to hear from several games at least...

• Days Gone. That thing has been dead silent since it's reveal, kinda wondering if they've been doing any reshaping or if it has just been kept under the radar for some other reason.
    • Detroit: Become Human. I'm not super excited for it, but I could still use a bit of David Cage in my life. It's been long enough since I played Heavy Rain.
    • God of War. Well...because it's God of War and the new style looks pretty interesting.
    • Spider-Man. You'd imagine that they would show that quite a bit to give Homecoming some extra oomph and vice-versa.
    • Sucker Punch has to be developing something, right? Haven't heard anything in regards to a new project since Second Son, but it's been a few years already.
    • Reviving some other classics besides Crash, like Medievil.
    clagnaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

Honestly...Right now I'm kinda good. There's too many games coming out in 2017 as is, and stuff we already know about that's coming out seems interesting.

So...uh...let's go with Persona 6, Catherine 2, Life is Strange: Insert Sequel Subtitle, Shadow of the Colossus 2, and WarCraft IV.

Slaps2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Half Life 3 and anything that is not a fucking sequel.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After the rash of my gaming dreams coming true over the past few years (for better, in the case of Breath of the Wild, or worse, in the case of Star Wars Battlefront), it's come down to the point where there are only two announced-yet-unreleased games I really care about on the horizon: Cyberpunk 2077 and Red Dead Redemption 2. I doubt Rockstar's going to show at E3, but I'm optimistic for at least a teaser for Cyberpunk.

As far as for unannounced projects that I'm mildly-to-moderately interested in, I'd say it's about 50/50 that we'll see some hints of whatever Bethesda Game Studios' new non-Fallout, non-Elder Scrolls IP is and probably a 65/35 chance that the BioWare A-team trots out some concept footage of whatever their new IP is (I imagine there might be some corporate pressure to show something new and exciting in the wake of Andromeda's less-than-stellar reception). I'd also say it's 100% likely we'll see the new Assassin's Creed.

Bioware Edmonton has been working on that new IP for like 5 years. They have to be close to ready to at least formally announce that thing, corporate pressure or not.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b85a38d6c493
    deactivated-5b85a38d6c493

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

New IPs, especially new IPs by Capcom.

AND DRAGONS DOGMA 2

Fezrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cyberpunk 2077 and Agents of Mayhem are the only AAA games that I know of, want to play, and haven't seen much of anything from yet.

Beyond that, I gotta just echo the call for new IPs.

mems1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By mems1224

I really really hope we see a new Splinter Cell. I loved Blacklist

Hayt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Hayt

This is like the 3rd year in a row I've said this but Amy Hennig/Viseral's Star Wars game! Potential is huge.

Slaps2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Slaps2
    @mems1224 said:

I really really hope we see a new Splinter Cell. I lived Blacklist

Do you work for the CIA or something? Can a brother get a job?

dr_monocle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By dr_monocle

Lots of stuff! Gimme all the games!

I see a couple people mentioning Cyberpunk 2077 and while that is certainly at the top of my list as well I'm trying to make peace with the fact that maybe my future descendants will be the ones enjoying that one. I'd love to see what Bethesda has brewing if they'd even talk about it at this point.

That Amy Hennig Star Wars game. Battlefront 2 (4?) as well.

That Insomniac Spider-Man game.

Hitman season 2

I guess the new Assassin's Creed. Like, why not, right?

Wasn't there a new MechWarrior game being worked on as well?

Maybe some more Switch games. I almost joke at this point but I think we're about due for a proper Metroid game.

Oh and what was that game with the giant snake lady? Wild? Something like that. I haven't been keeping super close tabs, but I'd like to see what's happening there.

Edit: Forgot God of War.

mems1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slaps2: lol whoops, typo. Thanks for the heads up

Slaps2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mems1224 said:

@slaps2: lol whoops, typo. Thanks for the heads up

Oh, yeah. I got it. ;) Operational security, right?

avantegardener

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Would love to see some more Cyberpunk and Death Stranding.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Halo 6.

5 was everything I wanted Halo multiplayer to be. If they can just do that and merge it with a stellar campaign, goty.

rkofan87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@glots said:

Lots of new IPs, obviously. Bigger budget ones too and not just indie titles.

Since I'm kinda exclusively playing on PS4 these days, I'd like to hear from several games at least...

• Days Gone. That thing has been dead silent since it's reveal, kinda wondering if they've been doing any reshaping or if it has just been kept under the radar for some other reason.
    • Detroit: Become Human. I'm not super excited for it, but I could still use a bit of David Cage in my life. It's been long enough since I played Heavy Rain.
    • God of War. Well...because it's God of War and the new style looks pretty interesting.
    • Spider-Man. You'd imagine that they would show that quite a bit to give Homecoming some extra oomph and vice-versa.
    • Sucker Punch has to be developing something, right? Haven't heard anything in regards to a new project since Second Son, but it's been a few years already.
    • Reviving some other classics besides Crash, like Medievil.

this all this.

Hayt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Star Wars game that Motive is working on

The Star Wars game that Viceral is working on

I think these are the same game. I thought Jade Raymonds people joined up with Amy Hennigs. The other other Star Wars game is the one made by Respawn.

devise22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Lots of the games already listed here. Cyberpunk 2077 for sure!

I'm also kinda interested to see more from that recently announced Avengers game. Like gameplay structure etc. One has to bet they throw Thanos all over that thing and ship around or just after Avengers 3 next year.

Avatar image for deactivated-60481185a779c
    deactivated-60481185a779c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Destiny 2 is a given at this point, right? That's probably the game I'm most curious to see. What about Red Dead Redemption 2?

Most of the new games announced last E3 were very by the numbers so hopefully the pitch for those is a little more compelling this year along with some brand new surprise announcements.

pompouspizza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By pompouspizza

I would love to see a third Luigi's Mansion for the Switch.

Dispossession

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Dispossession

I will add some games I do not see already listed.

New Wolfenstein

Deep Down

stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

• Whatever that new Volition game is
    • On that note, a new Saints Row
    • Resident Evil 2 REmake
    • Cyberpunk 2077
    • Detroit Become Human
    Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
    deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Some new IPs, a new Wolfenstein, the second season of Hitman, a new Splinter Cell (which I am very happy to someone else mention!).

I will be very interested to see what Microsoft has, since they have been pretty quiet regarding new games for a while now, hopefully they got a bunch of stuff to reveal alongside Scorpio details.

SamanthaK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I bet everyone is super hyped for Metal Gear Survive AM I RIGHT?! :D

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only expected game I think of (that might actually be shown) is Borderlands 3.

falconer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

Halo 3 Anniversary

While the MCC was a cluster fuck at launch (and still is in some ways), H2A on its own was spectacular. As a big Halo fan, the Blur cutscenes were worth it alone. I'd be really bummed if the same didn't happen for H3 *whispers* and maybe ODST too.

PS - Anyone thinking Halo 6 is coming out this year is only setting themselves up for disappointment. I have no idea how this notion has started gaining traction for a surprising number of people. Halo 5 came out only two years ago. It's going to be at least another year until Halo 6 comes out. AT MOST we'd only see a teaser for it. How people drummed up H6 might be this year, yet failed to connect the dots for H3A is beyond me.

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As long as we're wishing:

• Phantasy Star 5
    • Space Harrier 3
    • Monster World 5

All on a new Sega console. What can I say? I'm living in the past.

KirkyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A new Star Wars RPG would be great, though there's no obvious prospect for one at the moment. I mean, Jade Raymond's game could gesture in that direction - after Guerrilla's pivot from Killzone to Horizon, anything's possible - but it's unlikely. Ah well.

(A triple-A, singleplayer, story-driven Star Trek RPG would be pretty much my dream game, but there's no chance in hell that's happening.)

I could see BioWare's new IP getting a reveal, though it's not a sure thing--I think they've said they want to avoid lengthy PR cycles with their future games, so unless it's ready for release this year - which, uh, probably not? - they likely won't show anything.

I'd love to see more from Cyberpunk, but that game's probably not coming until 2019 at the earliest, so I doubt they're ready to show anything.

It'd be cool to get a look at Bethesda's new IP, but that's another one of those, 'they're probably not gonna announce it until it's basically ready to go' sorta situations, so it's not a sure thing.

(A new Obsidian Fallout would be amazing, but I haven't seen anything to hint that they're working on something like that.)

Agents of Mayhem. (Volition's new game.)

JTB123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 6

I am very curious to see Halo 6. Other than that though I would like to see some new stuff shown. It's great that most my backlog is comprised of new IP for a change.

That said, some Resident Evil 2 remake footage would be real nice.

Avatar image for adequatelyprepared
    AdequatelyPrepared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Order 1886 2 I kid.

Right now only Cyberpunk 2077 and The Evil Within 2 come to mind, in terms of games I would actually purchase and play. As always I'm looking forward to curveballs, there's always some every year that come out of nowhere. I guess I'm also hoping for that Star Wars single player game from EA to be good? EAs AAA SP offerings have fallen pretty flat in the last year, so maybe this will buck the trend. Also OP, I don't mean to destroy your hopes, but seeing as Visceral Games is the team working on that, I don't think we'll see a Dead Space 4 anytime soon. I know, I'm disappointed too.

Capcom usually announces some completely unexpected stuff, and if they reveal REmake 2 footage I am really curious to see with which gameplay style they will go with. My money is on RE4-style 3rd person. As much as I would love for it to be the classic fixed camera tank control scheme, I just don't see that being a choice a company will make in 2017.

Death Stranding is a wild card. I want to say that at minimum I'm hopeful for a 3rd trailer, but given the crazy turn around with the original two, maybe Kojima Productions will already have a short gameplay demo setup.

In terms of announcements that I overall expect:

Sony
    - Spiderman and God Of War are holiday releases this year
    - PS4 Pro price-cut/bundle
    - New From Software platform exclusive project. May or may not be Bloodborne successor
    - Fucking anything to compete with Microsoft on the consumer friendly front. Maybe PS4 Pro can emulate PS2 discs at higher resolutions. Maybe make the PS4 be able to play PS3 games in a similar way that Microsoft is doing it. Anything that's not PSNow.
    - Another big collaboration with Bungie for Destiny 2 with regards to content timed exclusivity.

Microsoft
    - Scorpio y'all
    - Some exclusive title from a big-name Japanese developer
    - Halo maybe? I really have no idea what is going with the franchise at this point
    - Scorpio y'all

ATastySlurpee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What I'm hoping to see and what expect are 2 different things, so I'll go with what I hope to see:

New Batman game finally gets announced.

Days Gone has coop

God of Thor(War) gets a release date for 2017

Spider-Man gameplay

Horizon DLC stuff

Uncharted Lost Legacy release date

TLOU Part 2 gameplay

Bethesda announces 1 of their 2 games.

Hitman Season 2

Gameplay of that Avengers game

New MvC announces new fighters including Moon Knight!

Microsoft surely has something besides Crackdown 3, Halo 6, & a new Forza right?

That Uncharted Star Wars(1313) game with Amy Henning gets a new trailer.

Red Dead Redemption 2 gameplay?

Teddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I expect Square Enix to announce at least 5 new games without release dates, while also not announcing any release dates for their currently announced projects and showing fuck-all gameplay from anything at all-- but "please enjoy".

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.