Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

E3 2017

Concept »

The twenty-third annual Electronic Entertainment Expo took place June 13-15, 2017 at the Los Angeles Convention Center in Los Angeles, California.

What was your favorite E3 press conference?

• 61 results
    Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

Poll What was your favorite E3 press conference? (318 votes)

Nintendo 23%
    Sony 9%
    Microsoft 26%
    Ubisoft 38%
    EA 0%
    Bethesda 4%

Restarting this thread, this time not forgetting any of the conferences!

• 
    Panfoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Ubisoft probably had the most exciting, but Microsoft is the only one that had games that I *know* I'm going to play when they come out (Metro: Exodus and Life Is Strange: Before the Flood). Sony was okay I guess, didn't like Nintendo, Bethesda, or EA.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By ArtisanBreads

Microsoft and Ubisoft were the best by far I think, from the games to the presentation itself. I really like how the new Xbox looks and am really interested in buying one. Mario XCOM is my shock of the show and may be the main thing that gets me to get a Switch somehow.

I voted Microsoft but it was real close.

Avatar image for deactivated-64bc6edfbd9ee
    deactivated-64bc6edfbd9ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Devolver

zeushbien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Ubisoft for me. Mainly because of the Beyond Good & Evil 2 stuff.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Snail

I felt all conferences were solid and had a handful I am now legitimately looking forward to (Battlefront, Dragon Ball, Spiderman), even if I remain uninterested (as a customer, at least) in much of what was showcased - but Nintendo had me on edge the whole time. That was a great, insane stream!

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

#6  Edited By Kidavenger

You forgot the PC games show

RetroMetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For hardware, Microsoft. For some games, Sony... for other games Nintendo.

Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
    deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Ubisoft and Microsoft took it for me, but if I had to give it to only one, I guess Ubisoft wins by a little bit.

I grew up with Rayman, and was very aware of Ubisoft being behind it, and seeing Michel Ancel and the Beyond Good & Evil 2 stuff touched me.

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

MS for me. They showed a ton of great looking games but also had a personality and some showmanship to the conference. Also OG Xbox games!!

Comparing that to Sony, where it was just a string of cut together game trailers with no commentary was really weird. Even the COD team didn't have a game slice like they normally do. It really didn't feel like a press conference at all.

TuxedoCruise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As a primarily PC gamer, Microsoft. If we're not including the PC Gaming Show.

WynnDuffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This was a very weak E3 for cringe compilations... is it wrong I wish we had more Fake eSports?

I liked Microsoft the most, I mean...

nicksmi56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By nicksmi56

Nintendo.

Nintendo Nintendo Nintendo Nintendo Nintendo.

Me an hour ago:

"NINTENDO JUST ANNOUNCED EVERYTHING I'VE EVER LOVED!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D

This was the best E3 ever. I'm SO HAPPY!!!"

And now we're adding a remake of Metroid 2 where you can pin items on the map on top of that.

Come on.

Teddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I liked looking at Nintendo's conference the most because I love the way their games look, but I guess overall Ubi's was the most entertaining? Honestly there weren't any games that I was interested in seeing, just a lot of repeats from last year, remakes, and franchises that I'm tired of.

I'm mostly just glad I found time to catch up on all the GB streams. Even if I am awake at 5:30am on a Wednesday because of it.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#14  Edited By Nodima

I will say from an entertainment value perspective, and from a "I've never felt such a strong pull to own a second console since the original Playstation started being obviously better than the N64" perspective my favorite was definitely Microsoft. It had a good clean look, a nice mix of people talking to the camera and long strings of trailers, and they showed some really cooly shit. I'm just not going to own their console, or a 4K TV, any time soon if ever so it's hard to call it a "favorite" press conference.

Ubisoft's was the most fun to watch via GB because of all the pirate jokes during that swashbuckling thing.

But I voted for Sony, primarily because it's the console that I own so I can actually get proper excited for what they announced. Shadow of the Colossus looked gorgeous, God of War looks like it has a ton of potential after finally seeing that combat in action, Spider-Man I'm mostly hot on after that reveal though it looks like you may constantly be glued to where you're standing when you aren't in swinging around the city which is weird, Days Gone continues to have me curious if not interested, Uncharted looks amazing as usual, and I'm stoked that if I ever can afford a PSVR I now have the opportunity to play Superhot. I wish we could've seen some more Last of Us in the Destiny slot, but oh well. Gonna be a great year going forward for owning a Playstation (if I can ever pry myself away from The Show 17's Diamond Dynasty).

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

Is there a "none" option? I went Microsoft because they had the most games I thought looked good, but I definitely won't be playing any of them on an Xbox.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b85a38d6c493
    deactivated-5b85a38d6c493

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Ubisoft>Microsoft>Nintendo>EA>Sony>Bethesda

ThePanzini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Easily UbiSoft they had both good stuff to show and surprise, Sony has the best content but a poor showing lacking punch, MS faux exclusives was very disappointing SoD performing poorly CD3 passed over SoT looks great until the game part the 1X however is a very nice piece of kit. EA / Bethesda would be better teaming up EA are shit at conferences and Bethesda lack content or just release a direct.

FrodoBaggins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sonys because it's the only one I currently have any investment in.

isentorr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only game shown that I have any interest in was Metro Exodus (probably the closest thing we'll ever get to a new S.T.A.L.K.E.R.). So Microsoft, I guess...

Dragon_Puncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Ubisoft by a landslide. This was the worst E3 in years.

MindBullet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#21  Edited By MindBullet

Ubisoft was not only the biggest surprise (at least in how much their presser wasn't a total dumpster fire) but it was also genuinely fun and heart warming.

Avatar image for deactivated-64162a4f80e83
    deactivated-64162a4f80e83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nintendo by a fraction, they just announced a run of games that basically confirmed to me that the Switch isn't going to be another Wii U. Ubisoft come in at a close second because their games all looked really good for the most part.

TheWildCard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

As crazy as it sounds, Ubisoft. Microsoft did about as well they could have too.

Dussck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was like someone from Ubisoft was watching their 2014 press conference and was like; "this is all kind of depressing, right? Everything is so serious and there are dudes with guns everywhere. This is not us..". And they turned it around pretty hard, with a line-up that is varied and fun in 2017/2018. And they seem to take a lot more risks with new concepts and IP's.
    My hat is off.

Runner up: Nintendo. I was not expecting to come away from the conferences and having 2 Mario titles in my top-5 list of this E3.

Rejizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I think Ubisoft, Microsoft and Nintendo all knocked it out of the park.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By TheHT
    1. Ubisoft
    2. Nintendo
    3. Microsoft
    4. Bethesda
    5. Sony
    6. EA

Bethesda and Sony are kinda interchangeable. Bethesda was all about Wolfenstein and Sony was all about Spider-Man. Wolfenstein was a bigger surprise, but Spider-Man looked really fucking great.

e: Oh shit, I forgot about EA. I guess that's telling enough.

RikiGuitarist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I appreciated how lean Bethesda's press conference was. All their games had specific release dates, and all are coming out this year. They probably have more games coming out in the second half of 2018, but they're saving that for E3 2018. Props to Bethesda for not creating over-extended hype trains.

Overall, I enjoyed Microsoft's the most. Got their hardware announcement out of the way, then showed nothing but games. Had a few announcers and stage demos when necessary, but otherwise nothing but new games, which I admired :)

SteveVice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Xbox had very little of interest, PUBG and The Last Night were the highlights, but they had a well produced show.

Sony had some great looking games, but their presentation didnt need a theatre.

EA was boring

Bethesda same points as I made about Sony

Ubisoft was really awesome, but Nintendo just had too many of the titles that are close to my heart, and Pokemon on Switch, Metroid Prime 4, Mario, Kirby, they proved it wont be another Wii U, and I cant do anything but say they had the best presentation for me personally

Cheetoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Ubisoft
    2. Nintendo
    3. Bethesda
    4. Sony
    5. Microsoft
    6. EA

Super surprised that Ubi had the best overall conference. Most diverse set of games and cool that they are bringing back Beyond Good and Evil. Before E3 started I would have thought Microsoft would have been the best one overall but none of their exclusives really appealed to me. I might get the XBOX with a price drop or bundled game.

Giant_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Giant_Gamer

Unfortunately, none of E3 conferences have grabbed me. However, i voted for Sony and for one reason. The games they presented were more appealing to me.

Nev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll say Ubisoft, but Nintendo was pretty close.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ubisoft by a wide margin

Cameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Microsoft was my favorite this year. The Xbox One X was interesting, not for me, but I'm glad it exists. They also had a lot of games that showed off why you might care about 4K.

Sony was fine, but they didn't have enough new stuff to show. It was mostly games we already knew existed, and they still aren't coming out this year. PSVR was also a sad showing. Their biggest game was a port of a 6 year old game that wasn't designed for VR.

Nintendo was all Super Mario Odyssey to me. That game looks great. There will be a Pokemon game someday, probably 2019 or so. Metroid Prime was nothing but a logo, but I guess they didn't even have a logo for Pokemon. It's great that this stuff will come out someday, but this year holiday looks pretty grim outside of Mario.

Avatar image for halfpastwhenever
    halfpastwhenever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ubisoft for me too

oldenglishc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Oooh-Be conference had two people break into tears because of the sheer pride they had in the games they helped create. That takes the whole cake.

Ezekiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Ezekiel

As always, I didn't watch them. Only a few trailers and snippets.

The only game I want right now is The Evil Within 2.

Other thoughts...

• Shadow of the Colossus didn't need a remake.
    • I never even finished Metroid Prime, despite two or three attempts. I always get bored. Metroid should be in third person.
    • Spiderman looked okay at first, but then I realized it has Arkham-like combat, not to mention an Oracle-like woman with all the intel speaking to you. I also heard others say that it has too many QTEs, but I stopped watching before that.
    • I'm still not convinced Chloe and that black woman are characters I want to follow in Uncharted: The Lost Legacy. I would have been more interested by gameplay instead of all those cinematics.
    • Ancient Egypt might be appealing if it weren't set in the Assassin's Creed series, with those poorly designed main characters, those automated, boring mechanics and pointless distractions. It's a completely mediocre series.
    • The new God of War is pretentious. I never cared about Kratos as a character. What I liked about it was the spectacle, the brutality and the exploration. The gamey level design is gone, the brutality is gone, it's full of cinematic interruptions and walking and it has a camera better suited to a shooter. I doubt it even has platforming with that zoomed camera. It's as much a disservice to the God of War series as Tomb Raider was to the TR series. It also bothers me that I have to speak in such confusing terms because they didn't wanna come up with new titles, like God of War IV.
    • Middle-Earth's gameplay is too brain-dead. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AV9W2ZdmjU
    • I like Star Wars for the story. The battles by themselves don't do anything for me. Show me a story-driven single player game in the Star Wars universe.
    • Even though I liked the first game, I didn't want another Life Is Strange, let alone a prequel with the same characters. I generally don't like the idea of prequels. I already know how it ends.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a923fc7099e3
    deactivated-5a923fc7099e3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ubisoft had it all. Laughter, tears, Mario Xcom and a homeless meth adicted dancing panda bear.

PaddyDodger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sony would easily win most disappointing.

Ubisoft stole the show. I came out of that show smiling and looking forward to what they showed. None of the others achieved that, other than Nintendo with Mario Odyssey.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

Baffled that Ubisoft somehow managed the most entertaining press conference this year.

Avatar image for deactivated-630479c20dfaa
    deactivated-630479c20dfaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Microsoft. But I self admittedly love tech talk even if I don't comprehend half of it.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I liked the wolfenstein demo and spiderman demo out of everything i saw, but no full conference really sticks out to me. Maybe i'm just less enthused about new games right now i don't know.

Avatar image for deactivated-6050ef4074a17
    deactivated-6050ef4074a17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Microsoft and Ubisoft were the best by far I think, from the games to the presentation itself. I really like how the new Xbox looks and am really interested in buying one. Mario XCOM is my shock of the show and may be the main thing that gets me to get a Switch somehow.

I share this opinion more or less but instead voted Ubisoft by an edge. Both press conferences were very good, diverse shows, packed with games that were showed off in an informative yet snappy way. Microsoft didn't sell me much on a Scorpio, and I have my qualms with Ubisoft making everything an online playground, but in terms of how you put together a traditional press conference, I think they've really come close to perfecting that formula of presentation.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ubisoft's conference had weird surprises and heartwarming moments, so it was the most entertaining in my book.

Pretty underwhelming E3 overall though. The Bethesda and EA conferences were a trainwreck of nonannouncements, and the console manufacturers and Ubi were a little better than that but it didn't really feel like anybody was in top form. Lots of stuff that has been announced ages ago and delayed a zillion times, or was announced way too early last year with almost nothing shown and now they're finally showing a little bit of it.

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#45  Edited By MezZa

I'd go with Nintendo I guess. I liked a lot of games at Microsofts, but all the games I liked are multi-platform. In terms of exclusives Nintendo had me more interested. They also successfully showed me that I'll have games to get on my switch for the rest of the year and even some next year. Plus their videos are just better. I like their light-hearted quick approach over the stiff stage presentations. Sony's was just kind of okay. They had a lot of cool stuff early this year so I guess I'll let them slide on just showing more of that stuff they already revealed last year. They're probably saving anything else for their own show later this year.

sodapop7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nintendo had the perfect balance of stuff coming out this year and some teases of games I'm very excited about. Plus it wasn't an awkward stage show that went twice as long as it needed too. Seriously, it's always going to be Nintendo as long as they're the only ones doing this format.

clagnaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

As someone who really wants a Switch, Nintendo's spotlight was quite nice.

Avatar image for twilight_prince
    Twilight_Prince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would vote for Nintendo since they are really putting their effort on this case with Metroid and Mario.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nintendo surprised me with all those announcements, and the stuff coming this year looks solid. Great, short show.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.