Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

E3 2018

Concept »

The twenty-fourth Electronic Entertainment Expo was held June 12-14, 2018 at the Los Angeles Convention Center in Los Angeles, California.

E3 2018: Your Bold Predictions?

• 82 results
    SeriuzBiznus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Following on from the discussion in this weeks Bombcast, what are your predictions for big E3 announcements this year?

My safe bet would be a push from PlayStation on VR. With the recent price cut and activity I've seen from their London Studios on Twitter, it seems like they're making a concerted effort to increase the userbase. It makes sense to me that they would use E3 as an opportunity to show a bunch of new games for PSVR.

My unlikely-but-man-I-hope-it-happens bet is a new Elder Scrolls game from Bethesda. I'm talking full on Elder Scrolls VI, none of this ESO nonsense.

Broddity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I actually think both parties are due for a VR push.

Agree with the Sony commentary, but also bear in mind Microsoft made VR a significant part of the One X pitch - and we've not heard anything since.

Nintendo prediction - some kind of Virtual Console announcement, though I expect it'll be a lot later than people want (or with no date at all).

splodge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They are going to announce ps5, completely backwards compatible, dedicated vr system on board and new headset included. Available holiday 2019.

big_denim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

Microsoft: I honestly have no clue...my safe guess is Halo 6, my long shot if something VR related

Sony: Capcom might have a big presence, Devil May Cry 5 and perhaps Resident Evil 2 Remake. Also a Last of Us 2 gameplay demo/trailer.

Bethesda: I think they will reveal their new open world game (Starfield) and that it's much further along then we all realize. Potential release date of Fall 2018 or early 2019.

Ubisoft: Hmm...well we know Division 2 is coming. I also find the Splinter Cell rumors very believable and I'm hopeful that gets announced.

Nintendo: Their booth will probably be a lot of Mario Tennis and Splatoon DLC. If they do a direct sometime around this time, I suspect we may get a deeper look at Smash Bros, plus maybe a look at Metroid...?

PC Gamer Show: Normally I don't care about this show, but I'm thinking Mount & Blade II finally gets a release date. It's also a long shot, but it'd be nice of Valve finally revealed one of their VR games alongside Knuckles controller release dates.

Avatar image for undeadscottsman
    UndeadScottsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By UndeadScottsman

Bold, eh?

EA: Respawn Star Wars Game Announcement. Side bet: Garden Warfare 3 Announcement

Bethesda: Starfield reveal. Side bet: Doom II announcement

Microsoft: Getting some Third Party titles to launch same-day on Gamepass. Side bet: Gears of War spinoff announcement

Ubisoft: Splinter Cell Reveal. Side bet: Rayman revival?

Sony: PS5 tease. Side bet: The Order: 1886 sequel announcement?

Nintendo: Pokemon Switch Reveal. Side bet: New Wario Game.

meteora3255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

In terms of bold but believable:

Microsoft: Hitman 2/Season 2 console exclusive on Xbox One and first episode out this fall. Microsoft needs exclusives now so they need to acquire games that would be near release as they don't have time to start from scratch. Less likely is a new Banjo/Conker game (although not developed by Rare).

Sony: Wild is given a release date and trailer (likely late 2019 or early 2020). Super Street Fighter V or something similar is announced.

Nintendo: An HD Mario remake of either Sunshine, Galaxy 1/2 or Paper Mario Thousand Year Door. Switch port of Monster Hunter World coming in late 2019. Metroid Prime 4 trailer.

Ubisoft: New Splinter Cell announcement. Another collaboration with Nintendo, although no speculation as to what it would be.

Bethesda: Elder Scrolls VI and Doom 2 announcements.

EA: New Burnout game announced. Gives them a racing franchise with better buzz than Need For Speed. Battlefield 1942 HD and Battlefield 2143. Gives them their WW2 game while also allowing them to explore something else with the main entry.

Activision: Goes on Sony's stage and announces a new Crash Bandicoot game after the apparent success of the N. Sane Trilogy.

alexl86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By alexl86

Microsoft: New Halo and Forza Horizon. More content for Sea of Thieves?

Sony: a look at FFVII remake. Spyro remaster in same vein as Crash trilogy. A game I haven’t heard of will look cool, but I won’t play it(although I will probably buy it).

Nintendo: Smash trailer, Bayonetta 3, Metroid Prime 4 teaser, Tennis and Super Mario Maker 2(?)

EA: Anthem reveal/gameplay. New racing game and 10 minuets too long spent on sport.

Bethesda: First look at Starfield. DLC for Wolfenstein. New Dishonored announced?

Ubisoft: New Tom Clancy game, Origins and Siege content(?), just dance and awkwardness

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By MezZa

Nintendo:

Smash Bros

Fire Emblem Switch

Possibly Pokemon

Probably just a trailer for Metroid

Showing off more splatoon

Another port of a 3rd party game that no one expects

Other stuff:

New Borderlands maybe.

Teaser for a new Dragon Age.

More spiderman gameplay

Persona 5 Arena?

Cyberpunk 2020

personandstuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nintendo:

Smash Bros

Mario Maker

Bethesda:

New open worldie game. Not Elder Scrolls or Fallout.

Dan Ryckert's Twitter:

"Since it's legal, I ate half a brownie. Not feeling anything at all. I'm going to eat two."

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sony teases ps5

Nintendo spends an hour on some first party game.

Microsoft announces a vr/augmented reality for xbox and windows 10. Windows 10 update pop up happens during a game demo.

A new open world, free to play, mmo, star wars themed, microtransaction heavy, battle royal game gets announced by ea. Also fifa

VoshiNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Splinter Cell Remaster. Trilogy specific games whatever.

I’ve been listening to Chaos Theory’s soundtrack as of late and remembering how much passion I had for the Splinter Cell franchise growing up. I started my stealth gaming with thief, then splinter cell, and now Metal Gear has been my go to for that type of gameplay. But Sam Fisher has been absent for far to long.

Rejizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

You want bold? Let's go bold!

Trailer pulls up: Bioware. Shots of a Medieval castle in disrepair being invaded by an enormous army. New Dragon Age!? No! Sonic and the Black Knightand the Dark Brotherhood out later this year.

Yoko Taro announces he's making the new Ape Escape game. Trailer looks messed up.

Hideki Kamiya announces that he's officially retiring from game development to devote more time to trolling on twitter, which he considers his true life's work.

Koji Igarashi drops development of Bloodstained to finally go back to his roots making Highschool dating sims.

And finally, Dr. Greg triumphantly returns to game development, teaming up with Konami to make Metal Beer Solid 4: Guns of the IPAtriots. A cross-media experience including videogames, homebrewed beer, and a major film deal that ultimately falls through.

Bold!

HokageBeBop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By HokageBeBop

Microsoft---Master Chief Collection coming to PC with a revamped multiplayer system, also includes Halo 5.

Sony---------A focus on incoming exclusives and a new look PS online experience

PC---- A shirtless and oiled up Gaben interupts the Nintendo presentation, runs on the stage then stone cold stun's Miyamoto. Picks up the mike and whispers "half life 3" the wall behind him explodes and he boards the waiting hovercraft. Nintendo never recovers and gets absorbed by playstation.

stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

PC: A dark screen. The Valve logo appears. You hear the G-Man say "It's been a...long time Mr. Freeman..." The Half Life 3 logo appears.

People lose their fucking minds. All other E3 press conferences are canceled

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

• Microsoft - Halo 6 announced. Drops this year. It and MCC are finally coming to PC so everything can shut the hell up. Two to three more exclusives (that aren't Forza Horizon 4, obviously) are announced. At least two of those will be original or old IP. There will be some big announcement regarding XBL or Gamepass that won't steal the show, but will be thoroughly interesting to ponder on.
    • Sony - PSN name changes finally. FF7 Remake footage. Demons Souls remake announcement. Shadows Die Twice will be revealed, won't be a new Souls game or Tenchu and people will be disappointed. Kingdom Hearts 3 release date finally revealed. DMC5 announced.
    • NIntendo - Pokemon Switch debut. 2018 Release date. Metroid Prime 4 and Bayonetta 3 get real trailers and general 2019 release dates.
    • Ubisoft - Skull & Bones gets 2018 release date. New Splinter Cell announced. More BG&E2 footage. Tony Hawk walks out on stage and announces partnership.
    • EA - They spend an uncomfortable amount of time apologizing and lying about how important the fans are. Battlefield Whatever gets a mediocre showing. They finally show off another Star Wars game that overshadows anything said about Battlefield. Any Anthem footage will be either incredibly disappointing or mindblowing. There will be no middle ground.
    • Bethesda - New IP and more Quake Champions. Aside from that? No fraking idea.
    Hayt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bethesda is likely going to show their new Prey thing. Probably a Death of the Outsider sized standalone game. If we're lucky we'll see a new UP from them too. Maybe whatever Starfield is.

EA will likely double down on Battlefield and maybe give us a logo for Respawn's Star Wars.

I don't expect it but I really want Cyberpunk to come out with a lot to show. Maybe a 2020 release date.

doctordonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#18  Edited By doctordonkey

Nintendo pulls a OOT&MM and announces a new Zelda made in the same engine as BotW slated for early 2019.

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#19  Edited By BaneFireLord
    • Bethesda announces Starfield, due out in November. They will also announce a Fallout 4 Switch port.
    • Cyberpunk 2077 shows up on the Microsoft stage. Microsoft also announces a new IP. There will be no new Halo.
    • Rockstar overcomes their E3 aversion and Red Dead Redemption 2 shows up briefly on Sony's stage as part of their co-marketing deal. We will finally get a snippet of Death Stranding gameplay. Ghost of Tsushima and Last of Us II will get gameplay trailers.
    • Nintendo announces a new Animal Crossing and shows some Metroid Prime 4 and Smash gameplay. Into the Breach will get announced for Switch.
    • Ubisoft announces Watch_Dogs 3 with a near-future cyberpunk setting. They will also announce a new Splinter Cell as their "one more thing" at the end of the show. We will never hear about that toys-to-life spaceship game again.
    • EA showcases a Battlefield V multiplayer level set on Okinawa.

flatblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By flatblack
    wollywoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Retro Studios announces a brand new IP for Switch. (Please God let it happen.)

ATastySlurpee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

• Im going to throw a wildcard out there and say the next God of War is announced. No gameplay, just a logo with subtitle, maybe narration. Since GOW isnt getting any DLC and Cory Barlog stated he would like to get the next one out faster, It wouldn't surprise me if its announced for like a Fall '19.. I know its out there.
    • Dishonored 3 & Wolfenstein 3 are announced
    • Metroid Prime Trilogy gets announced with a Fall '19 release date
    • Microsoft announces 3 brand new IP's along w/ Gears 5 & Halo 6 (blah)
    • That new Bioshock game is announced
    • Borderlands 3 is officially announced w/ 8 player co-op/Battle Royale mode
    • We finally find out what WB Montreal has been working on since Arkham Origins & what new WB-branded game Rocksteady is working on
    Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
    SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#23  Edited By SchrodngrsFalco

The end of a KH3 trailer is going to feature a teaser to a Star Wars reference which will only be minor in the final game (similar to Cloud in the first game). It'll be one of those fade to black, fade back in and lightsaber turns on, cut to black, moments.

samfo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Microsoft to show off no new AAA IP.

Brackstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Brackstone

From Software will have a different game at both the Microsoft and Sony conferences. Kuon plus either Armored Core or Demon's Souls Remaster. All 3 showing up isn't impossible.

The Last of Us will have a short singeplayer trailer, and a full multiplayer stage demo. Battle Royale mode is a focus if they have one.

Microsoft take some leap forward in their ongoing backwards compatibility kick. Some amount of console only games will be available for PC, including Red Dead Redemption 1, Master Chief collection, that sort of thing. Official Xbox emulation on PC, basically.

CupOfDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

• Microsoft will have a new Fable game from Playground and somehow more Crackdown 3 footage without a release date.
    • Nintendo will have a lot of Smash a couple of trailers for games that for some reason are 3DS exclusives, and a Metroid trailer. They will also announce Retro is making another DK Country game.
    • The only Star Wars on the EA stage will be a half-harted "apology" for Battlefront 2 and the phrase "we will do right by the fans next time"
    • Square will have a bunch of trailers but, nothing major coming out this year other than Tomb Raider. FF7 (original version) will come to Switch soon.
    • We will also see, a new RPG from Bethesda proper (won't be Elder Scrolls) as well as teaser for whatever ID is doing next (assuming it is another DOOM)
    • Sony will spend alot of time on VR and, (my only non cynical prediction) Vita 2 (or whatever they call it).
    • Boarderlands 3, Cyberpunk 2077, Read Dead 3, Rocksteady's new game and, A new game from Avalanche studios (the Just Cause ones) will all be on someone's stage.
    Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
    SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@cupofdoom: Oh damn. Totally forgot about Rocksteady and Avalanche. I think one of those guys are going to steal the show.

uhtaree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RAGE 2 will be there in some form

Zleunamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Video games and stuff.

craigieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The cynical part of me is going to predict that around 2-3 current IPs are going to announce Battle Royale modes in their games.

BBAlpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

Dan Ryckert's Twitter:

"Since it's legal, I ate half a brownie. Not feeling anything at all. I'm going to eat two."

I am a big fan of this bold prediction.

Avatar image for deactivated-63c06c6e81315
    deactivated-63c06c6e81315

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ace Combat 7 release date. Feels like a bold prediction at this point anyway.

imhungry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

Kimishima interrupts the Nintendo Treehouse livestream and announces as his last act as President will be to bring back the Nintendo Seal of Qualitybut with a new twist, all future games on Nintendo Platforms must feature full frontal nudity. Kimishima views this as a visionary move that will bring Nintendo back to its dominant role in the market.

Strangestories

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hoping for them to finally announce the Borderlands 3 they’ve been teasing for years.

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Ares42

@atastyslurpee: Oh god, they really are gonna mess up Borderlands 3 with a Battle Royale focus, aren't they.

Tesla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CD Projekt Red announces a release window of Q2 2019 for Cyberpunk 2077.

mortonan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I bet Fortnite shows up on Switch.

If Nintendo shows anything of Metroid Prime 4 it will be CG-only.

Sony's going to spend a lot of time trying to make Days Gone a thing.

Nev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Personally, I think a videogame or two are going to get announced. Maybe even three! I've been wrong before, though.

Here are some random games: Xenogears 2, Max Payne 4, KOTOR 3, and Glover 2

None of these will happen.

jacjon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By jacjon

@nev said:

Personally, I think a videogame or two are going to get announced. Maybe even three! I've been wrong before, though.

Here are some random games: Xenogears 2, Max Payne 4, KOTOR 3, and Glover 2

None of these will happen.

That would be sick..

jacjon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaalmo said:

Microsoft will bring back the original Xbox Live.

Takes me back just thinking about it.

MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nev said:

KOTOR 3

The one game that would make me excited for E3.

gamb1t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

A sequel to alien isolation. i can hope at least

Jibanyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Following from last year's disappointing lack of an announcement, I'm gonna predict that Nintendo actually shows off a new mainline Animal Crossing this time.

That's the only thing I care about.

ricobanderas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nev said:

Here are some random games: Xenogears 2

lol shut up

Aviont

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Battletoads!

Avatar image for vincentvendetta
    VincentVendetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Ridge Racer 8.

Just kidding.

soulcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By soulcake

Army of 2 mobile game. And a new Crysis it includes a crypto miner algorithm "Achieved with CryCash"

swaney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Most excited about Starfield and Cyberpunk 2077 having strong showings. Sounds like the Bethesda presser is going to be off the hook.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.