Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

E3 2018

Concept »

The twenty-fourth Electronic Entertainment Expo was held June 12-14, 2018 at the Los Angeles Convention Center in Los Angeles, California.

My Top Anticipated Games Of E3 2018

BlackRedGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

User Lists: 7

Edited By BlackRedGaming
    No Caption Provided

I know I am pretty late on this list, but after doing my press conference blogs I realized I should do one on games I am looking the most forward to in general coming out of E3. While I did rank games based on my excitement in the press conference series, I don't think it shows the games I am truly excited for. Just because a game got number one on one of my lists doesn't mean I am super excited for it. Some press conferences had less exciting games in general than other press conferences, so not all number ones are equal. So, here are the games I am truly looking forward to.

But before that I want to clear things up. Of course, I am excited for a lot of games, so don't think these are the only games I am excited for. Also, I am sure I missed some games, so this list isn't going to be perfect. Finally, I have been ranking a lot of rankings lately (E3 2018 press conference series with rankings inside of rankings, starting the ranking of AC games, upcoming top games of July), so the only order this list is going to be in is alphabetical. Let's get into the list.

Cuphead: The Delicious Last Course

No Caption Provided

What better way to start a list about upcoming games than with DLC? Well, I did say it's alphabetical. Still, I'm shocked to see DLC for this game, and I cannot wait to get my hands on it. I did vote Cuphead as my number one game of 2017, and for good reason. This new piece of DLC offers a new isle with new foes, weapons, and a new playable character. Oh, and who could forget the jolly salt baker? Studio MDHR have proven themselves to be great developers, so whatever they do, I'm in. The biggest issue I have is their track record of delays. So, let's hope that they stick with the 2019 release date they announced.

Cyberpunk 2077

No Caption Provided

Talk about packing a trailer. This year, CD Projekt showed a lot more about the environment of this game, and everything I saw got me really excited for the game. I love the colorful environments shown, and I can tell that this world is going to have a lot to offer in terms of gameplay. Plus, the people behind The Witcher 3 are working on this game, so I can expect that this game is going to at least be pretty damn good. But at this rate, the game is going to be released in 2077. Still, I can't wait to see what is to come of this game whenever it comes out.

Doom Eternal

No Caption Provided

Need I say anything? Doom 2016 proved itself to be a fantastic game, so I expect this game to be just as great. Not much was shown, but one thing I do know is that it's going to be on Earth, and that's going to be awesome. More gameplay is going to be shown at Quakecon, but their isn't an official release date. All we got is December 2018 by an Amazon listing, but my guess is 2019. All I really have left to say is 'new Doom, hell yeah.'

Dying Light 2

No Caption Provided

New Dying Light, hell yea... wait no I already used that. The first Dying Light was a great game and I loved the way the developers treated the game with post-release content over the years. So I have full confidence with Dying Light 2 being a great follow up to the first game. The game promises big changes such as branching paths that drastically change the landscape and more. I'll be sure to look out for this game when it (hopefully) hits shelves by its announced release date of 2019.

Ghosts of Tsushima

No Caption Provided

When I first heard about this game, I put it in the back of my mind as an afterthought. After this year's showing, I'm all in. It's non-fantasy setting, gameplay, and gorgeous visuals got me excited for the game that none others did at Sony's press conference. The expected release date of this game is 2018, but I'm going to say 2019 at least. Still, I can't wait for this game to come out so I can kill mongols and take screenshots all along the way.

Hitman 2

No Caption Provided

New Hitman, hell ye... damnit I did it again. I love the first Hitman game for its open-ended levels and its near-infinite amount of ways to handle your situation. From the looks of it, not much has changed. It seems that the biggest changes being made are the ways content is released and a new sniper assassin mode. But honestly, this game doesn't need to change one bit, so any positive is more than fine. Hitman 2 will be releasing on November 13th, and this time I do believe it will release on the date stated.

Metro Exodus

No Caption Provided

New Metro, hell ye... do you know what? I give up. I have always loved the Metro series, so a new game sounds great. This time, the changes talked about are much bigger than before, and I am excited to see what they have done to the game. Whether it be being outside more, the more open take on the world, managing a train, taking a more scavenging approach to items, or more; the improvements on the game sound amazing. The game is set to release on February 22nd, and I think this time it will not be delayed.

Overkill's the Walking Dead

No Caption Provided

I like zombie games, and I like Payday 2. What else is there to say? Despite the game looking clunky, I am excited for this game. Both zombie and human enemies look like a lot of fun to kill and I think the gameplay overall looks like fun. One thing I am more curious about is how progression and loudouts work, but that will come in due time. I'll be sure to pick up a copy just before Hitman 2 on November 6th.

Rage 2

No Caption Provided

New Rage, hell yeah. Yes, I like the first Rage game and I am excited for the second game. Fight me (please don't). From the looks of it, Rage 2 is improving upon the first game in every way. A better open world, going harder into the wacky anarchy style, its gunplay and carplay looks much better, and more. I'm interested to see how Id and Avalanche work together on this game. The expected release date is June 2019, and I can't wait to chew gum and kick ass.

Sable

No Caption Provided

I fell in love with the game the first time I saw the trailer, and I still love the game now. Sable wowed me with its beautiful art, fantastic music, and relaxing gameplay. The song used for this trailer is my favorite music to come out of any trailer this year, with number two coming up real soon. The world looks really interesting, and I will definitely be exploring it when the game releases in 2019.

Tetris Effect

No Caption Provided

New Tetris, hell yeah...wait what. Never in a million years could I have ever guessed I would be excited for a new Tetris game, but here we are. Its beautiful visuals, amazing music (remember that second best song of E3 I was talking about?), and emphasis of being on beat makes this game so exciting. I've never a Tetsuya Mizuguchi game, but after this I am sure to check him out. I can't believe I am saying this, but I can't wait to play some more Tetris when it releases later this year.

That concludes my list of games I am really excited for from E3 2018. Of course their are more great games I am excited for as well, but not everything can make the cut. This time I am done with the blogs on E3 2018. Thank you for reading and let's hope Q1 2019 doesn't completely rob us.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.