Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

E3 2018

Concept »

The twenty-fourth Electronic Entertainment Expo was held June 12-14, 2018 at the Los Angeles Convention Center in Los Angeles, California.

The Positive E3 thread

Castiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

There is a lot of cynicism on the internet towards everything. So instead of adding fuel to that fire let's have a thread about what would make you happy, or positively surprised to see, at this years E3. Or maybe any of the many leaks that have already been revealed already has you excited. Well this is the thread to share that.

TheRealSeaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By TheRealSeaman

I just moved recently so I'm waiting for my internet to be installed. It's 1GB, so that's great, but not installed until the 12th. Will be avoiding all the news to watch the conference replays and then join in watching live from Tuesday.

My time zone makes it challenging to watch everything but I'm prepared to ruin my sleep pattern. I do have a job interview on Wednesday though.

Very excited...

Castiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Castiel

There was a lot of rumors last year about a new Arkham game that would be set in Gotham City. And this time it would be like "actual" Gotham City with civilians on the street, and not just criminals everywhere. As a Batman fan I would love to see this game. And at this point I would be okay with them setting it in the future and having you play as Damian Wayne, even though I would maybe still prefer Bruce Wayne because I'm a cranky old man at the age of 27 that don't like change ;P, but since this is positivity thread I will definitely take what I can get. Also if the developers can tell an interesting story about the father/son relationship maybe that could be good. There does seem to be a lot of bad father figures in video games lately though... kind of a weird trend.

I would just love to see a Batman game with a big living breathing open world version of Gotham. You could just walk around and soak in the atmosphere of being in Gotham.

The_Greg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel very positive about video games in general, it's just easier to complain about stuff that isn't great. There's a lot that I look forward to about this E3 and I'm excited about what could be announced.

These probably won't get mentioned at E3, but some stuff that I'm excited about that is yet to be announced:

- The open world Star Wars game and Visceral's Star Wars game. Very excited about the possibilities here.

- Bethesda's 'Starfield' project. A full-blown space and Sci-Fi game in the vein of Elder Scrolls and Fallout is a dream come true for me.

- More backwards compatibility for Xbox One. The highlight of the last year for me could be the release of old games in glorious 4K. I hope they talk about future plans with this.

There are also a few games that have been announced that I look forward to hearing more about. Cyberpunk 2077 being at the top of that list.

Franstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've had a childlike excitement about E3 ever since the first E3 seeing it in magazines and still do (I'm old-er). I just told someone the other day how excited I am and that "this is my multi-day super bowl!"
    Don't have time at the moment to list all my hopes about potential announcements (The_Greg mentioned some of mine) but I just wanted to add that it's not all doom and gloom and there are some people out there that don't have cold dead hearts. : D

mortonan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@the_greg: Wasn't Visceral's Star Wars canceled? Or was that another Star Wars that got canceled?

I'm really hoping we get to see a bit of Metroid Prime 4 gampeplay, even if it's confined to a two minute trailer.

Hopefully Cyberpunk 2077 looks great but for some reason the chatter that it's first-person is disappointing if true. I'm not sure why I feel that way.

The_Greg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mortonan: 1313 was cancelled a few years back, but I'm sure there's another 3rd person action game in the works. Could be mistaken.

I haven't heard about Cyberpunk being 1st person. I hope that's not true but it's not a deal breaker for me. Being able to switch between perspectives would be cool, but let's not go crazy.

nicksmi56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By nicksmi56

No need to worry about me. I'm ALWAYS excited for E3!

If they truly want me to flip out, announce that Metroid Prime 4 is releasing this holiday. If they want me excited, release it during the first half of next year.

Other than that, a port of Arkham Knight for Switch would be great. Or maybe the first Xenoblade Chronicles.

Or Kingdom Hearts 3 so I don't have to buy a PS4 when I wanna get through that series.

Orrrrr a Persona 3 port? ?

breq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I bought a used Xbox one S for State of Decay 2. after I beat that, I looked for an exclusive I couldn't play on my ps4.....I ended up buying the Dead Space trilogy thanks to backwards compatibility. I guess what I'm saying is.....give me a good Xbox exclusive.

Oh, and I hope the RE2 Remake rumors are true.

big_denim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#10  Edited By big_denim

As others have said, we are most likely getting our first look at Cyberpunk 2077. It's gonna be tough, but I'm optimistic that it will live up to the insane hype that's built up around that game.

Each year, I do a big E3 bash with friends. Beers, brats, wings, lawn games, and previous years E3 conferences playing on the big screen in the background. Once we're all stuffed and a bit tipsy, we park our butts on the couch and watch the weekend press conferences. It's always fun time and one of my favorite times of the year.

For this particular E3, I'm really stoked about the following possibilities:

• New Splinter Cell
    • Devil May Cry 5
    • Finally some more info on Last of Us 2 and Death Stranding
    • Microsoft announcing something...anything really. New Fable or Halo 6 would get me excited I think.
    • Metroid or Pokemon 2019 details for the Switch.

And then there's the long shots that I'd love to see

• Hopefully a release date for Mount & Blade 2: Bannerlord finally? Maybe?
    • Valve giving updates and/or release dates on Vive Knuckles controllers and/or one of their VR titles they've been secretive about
    Avatar image for deactivated-62a216db3532b
    deactivated-62a216db3532b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just want some news on UFO 50. I need it in my life!

MocBucket62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

I'm super looking forward to E3 this year! Namely for Nintendo's show to see more Smash Bros as well as see some new games. Likely gonna see Fire Emblem and Yoshi, but hoping for some all new games like Animal Crossing and see if that Star Fox Racing game is real.

Also since we know Paladins is coming to the Switch and Fortnite has been softly confirmed, it gives me hope that certain games on that leaked list are real! Namely possibly Overcooked 2, Killer Queen Black and DBFZ.

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By MezZa

For me, Nintendo has the best lineup going into it. I'm super excited to finally see the new Smash Bros, Pokemon, and hopefully the new Fire Emblem. If we get a Switch Animal Crossing reveal I would jump up and down. I also just want to see if Nintendo throws any other curveballs out there. From Sony, a new Bloodborne would pump me up, but I'm not counting on it until it happens. Borderlands 3 would be a nice reveal, and hopefully would fulfill everyone's hopes. The new AC sounds cool. I love the setting the chose, so I cant really complain about that.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

@the_greg: Visceral Studios has closed its doors. They aren't making anything now.

Charongreed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I'm pretty excited for Bethesda's lineup, Anthem has the potential to be really cool and Fallout 76 can make good on the survival stuff that has been poked around the edges and been in a ton of mods. Rage 2 doesn't seem much like the original Rage, so I'm excited to see where that goes. Microsoft is in a weird place right now, where they sort of shook off the indifference people had toward Xbox this generation with the OneX, and all people are waiting for is games, and with a big install base on PC and that they got a bunch of people in the Game Pass ecosystem with Sea of Thieves, I'm hoping they have a swing for the fences moment and announce something cool or risky.

Actually, all that needs to happen for this to be a great E3 is From doesn't announce their new game to be Sony exclusive.

HeelBill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really looking forward to seeing Battlefield V, hopefully something of the new Ori game, Sony's exclusives, Rage 2, and maybe the FF7 remake? I'm generally positive about games right now, yay.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

DOA6 and Hitman 2 were already announced. I'm being genuine here when I say nothing could possibly put a damper on this E3 for me. Let the show begin!

BigBoss1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

Hoping the standard PS4 gets a price drop, it's definitely the right time for one.

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I really wasnt expecting DOA 6 so that made my day. Theres also another Metal Wolf Chaos rumored so that would be great. As would DMC5 if those rumors are true. But honestly i'm just excited to see what Death Stranding and Cyberpunk 2077 actually are. (i'm gonna guess the latter is an RPG, call me crazy)

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23  Edited By Onemanarmyy

I'm pretty stoked about Death Stranding. Eventhough i don't have a ps4, i think Kojima is an amazing force of creativity in this industry and rightfully turns heads with whatever he does. Hope the game is excellent.

Would be nice to see more of Sonic Team Racing. There aren't many kartgames on PC, but in my discord group Sonic All stars was always a guarantee for fun, even if it wasn't a perfect game. Now that we're many years past that version, i feel like an improvement on that game is fairly trivial in the grand scope of things.

I normally don't care about Splinter Cell, but i do love the idea of Splinter Cell. It's just a bit too serious and NCIS/ CSI-ish for my taste. Especially compared my favorite series Metal Gear Solid. That said, a reboot could reel me in. I want to see that thing. I want to get invested in strong characters, instead of feeling like i'm just a mercenary doing missions for a group of people that i don't care for.

As a long shot wish, A reboot or inspired by NOLF game. I recently played both games and thought they were still quite amazing (1 is better than 2 though). Especially the wit in the conversation between enemies was extremely well done. While Cate Archer is a great character, if the rights situation is such a minefield that a new NOLF game is out of the question, i think you can still make a 60's spygame starring a female spy that's not Cate Archer.

stinger061

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I’m super excited to see what Fallout 76 is. I can’t see it being ‘just another survival game’ and there is no way they are going to drop in the exact building mechanics from Fallout 4 so I think it could be something really great in that universe.

WasabiCurry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mezza: I would be so hyped for a new Animal Crossing game. I hope that we hear something about it.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@stinger061: Seeing how Fallout 4 was just Fallout 3 with base building bolted onto it I wouldn’t put it past them to release something similarly iterative.

TheRealSeaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blasto 2

BrunoTheThird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By BrunoTheThird

I'm mostly interested in new IPs; long-awaited sequel reveals; previously unveiled games getting solid release dates; and maybe Mario 3D World on Switch.

A decent chunk of Death Stranding and Fallout 76 gameplay is what I'm expecting and hoping for, outside of that.

Also: Praey for the Gods, Ghosts of Tsushima.

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I'm really excited for this E3! I'm taking work off on Monday to sit on my ass and eat chips and watch press conferences.

I'm oddly most interested in seeing what Assassin's Creed Odyssey's got going on. I loved Origins to death (first game I bothered to get all the achievements for since 2008) and I'm surprised they're turning around a new game so soon. Looking forward to seeing how they iterate on the refreshed formula.

Otherwise, I'm hoping to see some Cyberpunk, Death Stranding and Ghost of Tsushima gameplay. Also Fallout 76, to a different extent...I don't really want to play an online Fallout game, but I've got a lot of (morbid) curiosity for it. It seems like everything major has leaked or been pre-announced already so I'm not getting my hopes up, but some big left-field surprises would also be delightful.

deckard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

E3 is my Super Bowl, World Series, and NBA Finals combined. Very pumped this year for games, games, and more games. And as an MBA grad I’m really excited about what the announcements, news, and trends coming out of E3 mean for the video game industry as a whole.

Castiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just want some news on UFO 50. I need it in my life!

Didn't know about UFO 50 until you mentioned. So looked it up and that's a pretty neat way to do a mini game collection.

MattGiersoni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By MattGiersoni

My favorite time of year, gaming wise. I am the embodiment of hype, I live for the hype, love that feeling! Extremely excited for all conferences, new game reveals, new materials from already announced/leaked games. Pure happiness and joy! My most anticipated games that are being shown this year are probably Ghost of Tsushima, Fallout 76, and AC: Odyssey, RAGE 2 but honestly I want to see everything and I'm hoping for some nice surprises! Bethesda Game Studios is my favorite dev, so I can't wait for hopefully a long gameplay reveal similar to Fallout 4! Too many games to list, I'm hyped for most of what each company offers! Happy E3 everyone!

The_Greg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@justin258: Right, okay. Is there another one in development, somewhere else? I'm sure there was talk of an open worlder and a 3rd person action game recently.

MattGiersoni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_greg: Respawn Entertainment (Titanfall) is making a Star Wars game, it will probably be shown at E3, perhaps at EA's. It is supposedly 3rd person.

MostlySquares

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

First of all, people who are negative around E3 are like nerd-grinches. This is christmas and a half to me. Literally the happiest time of year for nerds like me.

If they announced an MMORPG for the PSVR, I would be very happy. Like, happy to the point of many tears. If the trailer showed it to be fairly complex and engaging looking, or it was set in some franchise I already love, I would lose my shit in a huge way.

The_Greg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mattgiersoni: This must be what I'm thinking about. I'm sure it was mentioned on the Bombcast about a month back.

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By handlas

Is there a negative thread? Off to a tepid start I'd say. Anthem looks cool but I feel like we got to see more last time? Immediately releasing a game is always awesome, imo but I don't have much interest in Unraveled so that doesn't do too much for me.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#39  Edited By TheHT

Sea of Solitude looks great (the monster designs are very Howl's Moving Castle), but everything else was very underwhelming. I guess it's nice to know there's a new Jedi-focused game on the way.

E3 rages on?

Deathstriker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SMH at "positive" threads, people should just give their honest opinions and not needlessly insult people, insulting or being negative towards a product is fine.

BoFooQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#41  Edited By BoFooQ

I actually feel like getting star wars battlefield 2 now. This seems like a AAA game that had problems but EA has tried to do everything they can to make good on mistakes. I was surprised to see someone talk about and for awhile it seemed at presser. I can now get game cheap under $20 and play through story if nothing else. I now woner how long they will continue to throw free stuff at this game they probably want to put behind them. Either way good for me I get good deal.

Also unravel two.

BrunoTheThird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By BrunoTheThird

I thought the Sea of Solitude debut was a total mess, but I'm extremely intrigued nonetheless. Art as strong, beautiful, and creative as that speaks for itself far louder than words ever could, nothing more is necessary, but the presentation of it was the most depressing, unnecessarily intense thing I've seen since the Second Son reveal. Celeste tackled many similar themes subtly and thoughtfully without ever needing to oversell itself.

Still, who cares; it looks gorgeous, and I can't wait to see how it plays.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.