Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

E3 2018

Concept »

The twenty-fourth Electronic Entertainment Expo was held June 12-14, 2018 at the Los Angeles Convention Center in Los Angeles, California.

TheMist997's E3 2018 Press Conference Ranking Part 4

BlackRedGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

User Lists: 7

Edited By BlackRedGaming
    No Caption Provided

Welcome back to my final part in my ranking of the E3 press conferences. If you missed the previous three, part one is here, part two is here, and part three is here. I also link the new parts in the older part's comments section as well. I won't go over how it works, because I already have before. The past three parts have gone over eight press conferences, which means this one will go over the ninth; Microsoft.

1. Microsoft

No Caption Provided

The one and only big reason this press conference has made it to the top is for the incredibly high amount of games they showed. I also think smaller things like studio acquisitions helped them a bit too. I originally didn't want to put Microsoft at the top because of how they deceive you with their press conferences. An 'Xbox exclusive' is a murky term these days, so when they come and say they have 18 exclusives show, I find it hard to believe. I remember them throwing around large exclusive numbers last year and, well, look at where Microsoft is now. Plus, I hate it when they make up and throw around terms like 'console launch exclusive' just to add to that exclusive number. Also, a few of the studios acquired already makes games exclusively for Xbox (and PC), so really only three of the five are worth noting. I have trust issues with Microsoft and their press conferences, but last year and this year they never disappoint with the high amount of games shown, and that has me put away my trust issues (for now) and put them at the top. So, let's look at the games mentioned and rank them.

51. Sea of Thieves

It was just an announcement for upcoming content. Sadly, I don't see this game being revitalized after its launch, so this new content isn't enticing me any.

50. Gears Pop

The best thing I can say about the game is showing it before the other Gears games and getting people to cheer when the logo pops up, just to show it's something else. That made me laugh the hardest out of all of the E3 press conference. Still, I bet this game is going to be some crappy top-down mobile game not worth looking up.

49. Tales of Vesperia

Not a fan of anime. Next.

48. Golf Club '19

I enjoy a good sports game if its unique (like Rocket League or Golf Story), so I'll pass on this one.

47. Jump Force

Again, don't like anime. But I will say this one does look pretty cool though.

46. Afterparty

I think the premise of an underworld bar sounds pretty neat, but I didn't much care for anything else I saw.

45. Battletoads

I have never played the original Battletoads, and I don't really have an interested in trying out either the original or this new game.

44. Fringe Wars

I feel like their are enough space fighter combat games out, so I'll pass on this one.

43. The Wind Road

The game looks cool, but I don't think I'll ever play this game.

42. Conqueror's Blade

I don't know what else to say other than this game doesn't look that appealing to me.

41. Hyper Universe

Now starts the games I would at least try to play. I think the game looks like fun, but I'm not in the market for a MOBA, so I'll pass. Still looks like a fun 2d MOBA though.

40. Bomber Crew

I think the game looks like fun and is something I want to try out. I decided to put this game here on the list because it is a game that has already come out.

39. The Awesome Adventure of Captain Spirit

I love the nice upbeat tone the game has, but I don't have a big interest in playing narrative games.

38. Island of Nyne

I don't know if you have heard of this thing called 'battle royale' yet, but the concept is that a large amount of people land on an island and only one gets to live. I can't wait to play yet another battle royale game that doesn't do enough to differentiate itself from the competition.

37. Forza Horizon 4

I think the Forza series is a great high-quality racing series, but I just didn't feel that excited for this new game. Maybe they should've brought out a car like they did last year.

36. The Division 2

I'm tired of this genre. Destiny and The Division feel like the same game to me now, and I actively dislike the genre. I like the new D.C. setting, but I have little interest in this game.

35. Black Desert

The game looks like fun, but it is a game already released, so I am keeping it here on the list.\

34. Nier: Automata

I still really want to try this game out. I decided to keep this game here on the list because it already released.

33. Planet Alpha

I really like the visuals of the game, but I still don't know how to feel about the platforming.

32. Waking

The game looks cool, but their is a big lack of information on the game.

31. Harold Halibut

I always love it when developers do unique things, so needless to say I love the clay-mation art style. Plus, I think its setting is pretty cool.

30. Raji: an Ancient Epic

The game looks like a fun top-down action game. I don't know what else to say.

29. Outer Wilds

I really like the blend of woodsy and space, and I am interested in seeing what this 'solar system stuck in a loop' is all about.

28. Children of Morta

I am interested in this game because I sense that their is more to this other than top-down action. What it is, I don't know. But I am interested in seeing what else this game has.

27. Kingdom 2 Crowns

I enjoyed the original Kingdom games, and I am interested in seeing how well co-op works.

26. Battlefield 5

The game looks good, but how much interest in the game I have will be determined when the game comes out.

25. Kingdom Hearts 3

How many press conferences was this game at? I already said why I am ranking this game in the other rankings.

24. Devil May Cry 5

The game looks great, but I still haven't played any of the other games yet.

23. Just Cause 4

I liked the third game, and I think this new one will be fun too.

22. Crackdown 3

Haven't played a Crackdown, so I think this will be a good game to jump into. But as this game goes on I become more and more skeptical. Even at this showing they didn't announce a day of release, only a month and year. We'll see what happens to this game in the coming months.

21. Gears Tactic

I like turn-based strategy games, and I like the Gears universe. What else can I say?

20. Session

I didn't know how much people love the Skate games, so I think this will be a good alternative game to try out and play.

19. Warhammer Vermintide 2

This game already released, but I really liked the first game and I can't wait to try out this new one.

18. Gears 5

I liked Gears 4, so I think this game will be a solid game as well.

17. Halo Infinite

The big question I have for this game is whether or not this will release on PC.

16. Super Meat Boy Forever

I really liked the first game, and I am excited for this new game. But I am questioning how well generated levels will work.

15. Sable

I really like the art style and relaxing nature of this game.

14. War Groove

A lot of people really like Advance Wars, so I guess this game is my best chance at getting that experience.

13. Below

This game looks great. I love the gameplay and the art style. But will the game ever come out is the big question.

12. Ori and the Will of the Wisps

I haven't played the first game, but I was always drawn to its environments and art style. Maybe this game will be the push that gets me there.

11. Shadow of the Tomb Raider

I liked the reboot games, so I'll probably like this game too.

10. Tunic

Ever since I saw this at last year's E3, I have always been interested in Tunic. Hopefully that game comes out soon.

9. Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

Is this the year of the samurai? This game looks like a lot of fun, and having From Software only helps it more.

8. Fallout 76

The more I hear about this game, the more skeptical I am. But I am still interested in seeing how this game turns out.

7. Ashen

Just like Tunic, I have had a big interest in the game since its showing last year. I am interested in seeing how Journey meets Dark Souls works out.

6. We Happy Few

I really like the setting of the game, and I am interested in trying this game out now that it is in a finished state.

5. Generation Zero

I really like the Red Dawn-esque setting, and I can't wait to see what is to come of this game.

4. Metro Exodus

I love the Metro series, and I cannot wait for this game.

3. Cuphead The Delicious Last Course

Cuphead was my game of the year 2017, so whatever Studio MDHR does, I'm in.

2. Dying Light 2

I love the first Dying Light, and I think the developers treated the game well with free content and good paid content. Needless to say, I am excited for Dying Light 2, and I can't wait to see how the big changes they are making work.

1. Cyberpunk 2077

Somehow, they managed to exceed its hype levels with an excellent trailer and what sounds like great gameplay. I cannot wait.

Extra: Dead Cells and PUBG

I decided to keep these extra because I already played them.

That concludes this ranking as well as this four part series. This list of games for the Microsoft press conference was the hardest to rank for its high amount of games. For a quick recap: from worst to best, the press conferences rank as follow: Square Enix, Devolver, EA, Nintendo, PC Gaming Show, Ubisoft, Sony, Bethesda, and Microsoft. If you have your own ranking, do put it in the comments. I might do one more blog for games at E3 outside of the press conferences, but we will see on that. Thank you for reading, and let's hope for a great E3 next year.

BlackRedGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

User Lists: 7

Update: I will not be doing the last blog I talked about in the last paragraph of this blog. I was going to do a top 5 games for games not shown at any of the press conferences, but the list fell apart because I found out the top two were shown at Sony and I didn't feel strong enough about the other three to do a blog. If you want to know, here are the top 5 I chose:

5. Greedfall

4. A Plague Tale: Innocence

3. Desert Child

2. Tetris Effect

1. Days Gone

Just to be clear, these are NOT my top five games out of E3 as a whole; just the top 5 for games not shown.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.