Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

E3 2018

Concept »

The twenty-fourth Electronic Entertainment Expo was held June 12-14, 2018 at the Los Angeles Convention Center in Los Angeles, California.

Your Dream Guests for Giant Bomb's Nite at E3 Shows this year?

MocBucket62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By MocBucket62

To follow a similar trend to the dream E3 announcement thread I want to continue the thread for having a wishlist that's E3 themed, but this time have be connected to Giant Bomb's Nite at E3 shows. That's namely which guests would you like to see at Giant Bomb's E3 shows that have yet to be on those shows. Of course I'd be totally happy with whoever GB gets for their E3 shows and I'll definitely enjoy all the different conversations they've had with these guests over the years. However, is there anybody that GB has yet to get on these shows on a wishlist of yours for them to appear on this show this year, or someday? These are dream requests so you can post whoever you'd like to show up on Giant Bomb.

Here's Mine:

Danika Harrod: Danika is awesome. She's one of the best members on Waypoint as she's a riot on their streams and has written some solid reads over there. She's even been a guest on GB streams before, namely in a playdate and the Farewell to the Miiverse video. Yet despite her appearances on the site, I don't think she's ever been on a Nite at E3 show before. I'd think she'd appear this year alongside Austin, Patrick and have Abby with her since they're close friends. The World needs more Danika.

Maximilian Dood and Woolie Madden: I know, I'm listing a couple of Youtube personalities on here. But honestly as someone whose watched videos from both Max and Woolie (Two Best Friends) for years, I'd love to see them as guests so they could talk with Jeff, Ben and Jason about the state of fighting games at what they saw on the show floor. Maximilian is close with the FGC and has done plenty of videos breaking down different fighting games. Woolie is also super knowledgeable about the genre and he's also done his own breakdowns on fighting games and news on specific titles. Don't know if they'd ever be invited, but knowing that Jason and Ben have at least mentioned Max's work in the past, I could see Max showing up if Ben and Jason hook up with him. Woolie to me would be another FGC rep that would be a personal dream come true seeing him on GB. I just want them to talk about SC6, DBFZ and Skullomania.

Asuka (The Wrestler): Giant Bomb needs to continue the tradition of getting wrestlers onto their E3 Nite shows. First it was Austin Creed when he debuted in 2015, then it was Samoa Joe last year. There is another wrestler the WWE has that would be amazing if they got her on the show, and that's The Empress of Tomorrow Asuka. She might be hard to get since 1, she's being pushed as one of WWE's top female talents now and she might be too busy to go to E3 and 2, English is not her native language. That said, she's perfect to have on the show as not only is she an amazing wrestler, but was a former game journalist herself. She's addicted to games like Monster Hunter World and has a massive game collection. She'd be a brilliant E3 guest!

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 30

Rami Ismail, Lorne Lanning, and John Carmack

Wildcard pick: Obama.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

It would be interesting to have anyone at all from Nintendo (PR, but preferably actual high level executives/designers/creatives), and as far as my recollection goes, I don't think that has ever happened.

GB has been able to get a variety of fairly high level PlayStation and Xbox reps, plus a variety of developers from indie studios big and small, but I don't think they've ever had anyone on to give a Nintendo studio perspective. I'm guessing it's part of some greater Nintendo PR strategy to not do unscripted, super improvised interviews with a Western site that swears a bunch and makes Weed3 jokes.

Realistically, maybe they could get somebody from some kind of Western satellite studio of Nintendo (Retro Studios? Next Level Games?), but even then, I wonder if those studios sign something where they can't give interviews without Nintendo's approval, because even with those guys I can't think of hearing many interviews about their games.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cdbdf5c5a6e1
    deactivated-5cdbdf5c5a6e1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

John Cena and Aubrey Graham

shozo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yoko Taro, Phil Lamarr & Nicolas Cage ideally playing rock band together.

imhungry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

The dream guest which probably won't happen is Miyamoto for me. On a more believable level, I think it'd be great to get the DrinKING Swery on and Yoko Taro would be pretty cool too.

Dispossession

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Dispossession

I want one day with a cast of people from failed games talking their experiences with them so give me someone from DICE, David Jaffe, Cliffy B, etc...

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

As the only "Gaming" Youtuber that I follow, I'd love to see George Weidman (Super Bunnyhop) on a GB E3 stream. He's a smart, insightful dude who doesn't seem all that self-serious (he's posted footage of him drunkenly singing the Snake Eater theme at a Japanese Karaoke place,) which I think would work for one of those late-nights. I don't think he actually goes to E3, but I believe Brad's a fan of him so it's not entirely out of the realm of reality.

If we're talking industry people, I absolutely want to see Carmack or Romero. I think you'd get very different segments for either, but I think they'd both be incredibly entertaining to listen to. From Japan, definitely Yoko Taro or SWERY.

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#11  Edited By Captain_Insano

The only acceptable answer is Hideo Kojima or Yoko Taro

The_Greg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't care about guests, most of the time.

I really like the 'Giant Bomb talks over *blank* conference' videos. I find E3 press conferences unbearably awkward, cringe-worthy and generally out of touch. Having a GB commentary slapped on top makes them hilarious and somehow more informative.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

#13  Edited By turboman

Scott Rogowski.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hideo Kojima and kanye west...

onyxghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Jeff Goldbloom

Jurassic something needs to get sold at the show.

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

Maximilian Dood and Woolie Madden: I know, I'm listing a couple of Youtube personalities on here. But honestly as someone whose watched videos from both Max and Woolie (Two Best Friends) for years, I'd love to see them as guests so they could talk with Jeff, Ben and Jason about the state of fighting games at what they saw on the show floor. Maximilian is close with the FGC and has done plenty of videos breaking down different fighting games. Woolie is also super knowledgeable about the genre and he's also done his own breakdowns on fighting games and news on specific titles. Don't know if they'd ever be invited, but knowing that Jason and Ben have at least mentioned Max's work in the past, I could see Max showing up if Ben and Jason hook up with him. Woolie to me would be another FGC rep that would be a personal dream come true seeing him on GB. I just want them to talk about SC6, DBFZ and Skullomania.

Loading Video...

Presuming they have 6 seats Seth Killian and Ed Boon seem like obvious people to join Jeff (in the host seat), Ben, Jason and the aforementioned two suggestions. This video by Max was incredibly useful in me learning DBFZ.

Loading Video...

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Still waiting on that Ice-T/GB collab.

geirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Simply I'd like to see Any/all from Waypoint, perhaps Drew Scanlon and why not Mary Kish also.

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jeff Green and Brad Muir. I miss them both.

Gaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

• Youtuber couch: George Weidman (Super Bunnyhop), Hamish Black (Writing on Games), Chris Franklin (Errant Signal), Patrick Klepek (He plays games on Youtube): A fresh take on E3 from relative newcomers to games writing, the difference between old school and new school games journalism, GB's influence on the next generation of games writers.
    • Game Press couch: Mike Williams (US Gamer), Austin Walker (Waypoint), Carolyn Petit (Feminist Frequency), Heather Alexandra (Kotaku): What they saw on the show floor, new / fresh perspectives in games writing, how is the catering at E3.
    • Game industry couch: Phil Spencer (Microsoft Xbox), Shawn Layden (Sony Playstation): State of play 5 years into this console generation, keeping things friendly in the industry, the weird pressure of having to be very careful about what game-related T-shirts you wear on the conference stage.

Or I could trust Alex to book another great show with great guests.

Avatar image for bladeofcreation
    BladeOfCreation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@turboman: Not sure if you're joking, but that would be pretty cool.

WillyOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Phil Spencer, Lorne Lanning & Swery

Also Austin Walker, Drew, Danny O'D & Jeff Bakalar.

chrispaul92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Get me Suda, Kojima, and Yoko Taro on the couch together.

Avatar image for undeadscottsman
    UndeadScottsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CliffyB, Randy Pitchford and Phil Robb (of Turtle Rock Studios).

Just to see the thousand mile stares.

Rahf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Rahf

I'm sorry, but the golden couch remains Dave Lang, Adam Boyes, and Johnny V. It has always been a riot in some form.

- I half expect to hear from Cory Barlog, now that God of War is done and seeing huge success.
    - Lorne Lanning would be nice.
    - Casey Hudson would be interesting, because he'd probably get some pointed questions regarding Anthem his way.
    - Nolan North and/or Troy Baker, because why not?

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By BradBrains

As long as we get the Phil interview and Kenny Omega shows up I’ll be ecstatic

shiftygism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By shiftygism

I don't have any dream guests, but I'll sure as shit be there for the "brad's leaving" jokes and the lockdown...baby!

Avatar image for bladeofcreation
    BladeOfCreation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Drew Scanlon if he's there, and anyone from Waypoint, naturally.

I'd really like to see Jeff Cannata on there.

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I hope the traditions of straight talking with Phil Spencer, chatting about industry history with Lorne Lanning, and the Great Annual Adam Boyes/Johnny V/Dave Lang Shitshow continue. I’d also like to see the Hitman devs show up again to talk about 2. Voice actors or some random minor celebrities would also be fun (where my boy Peter Stormare at?).

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

Oliver Platt and Lou Diamond Philips.

What?

Avatar image for indeedcodybrown
    IndeedCodyBrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#32  Edited By IndeedCodyBrown
    No Caption Provided

Blackout62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Janina's back and she's got all the dirt about the royal wedding.

DanishingAct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yoko Taro, all of mega64, and Cliffy B for me.

msouza1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kenny. Omega.

Avatar image for deactivated-630479c20dfaa
    deactivated-630479c20dfaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cliffy B

Kerned

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

breq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

More industry veterans, less hip and kookie indie devs.

owack6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gabe Newel for 6 hours no breaks.

Break out the knives.

OMGFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By OMGFather

@butterstick1 said:

Get Peter Stormaire in there this time, you promised!

Loading Video...

Blackout62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DrM2theJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#42  Edited By DrM2theJ

Maybe not a dream, but after the PC Gaming show, which was excellent, it would be kind of cool for Day[9] to be on the couch at some point. The man is a pro host and well known in the PC gaming community, I think. Much respect and I feel he’d be a great guest.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.