Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

E3 2019

Concept »

The 25th annual Electronic Entertainment Expo, which took place June 11-13, 2019 at the Los Angeles Convention Center in Los Angeles, California.

The Official EA PLAY 2019 Thread

Marino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 102

#1  Edited By Marino  Staff
    No Caption Provided

Congrats to @delrueofdetroit on winning the first banner spot of E3 2019!

ozone's Darth Maul skateboarding banner and dialthedude's Vince Zampella "OH YEAH!" banner were tied for second place.

The Official EA PLAY 2019 Thread

They ain't doing a conference, but they're doing...something?
    They ain't doing a conference, but they're doing...something?

E3 is the place for announcing never before seen games. It's exciting, fast-paced stuff and we're all enthusiastic to start talking about all the new toys. But, please keep in-depth discussions about specific games in their respective forums. For more information about how to help us keep things organized, go check out the GB vs E3 Official Player's Guide!

In an attempt to keep the E3 shenanigans organized, the mods institute these official discussion threads for each conference so that everybody has a go-to place to discuss them before, during, and after the show.

Despite the chaos of E3, keep in mind that the general site rules still apply. So, don't be a dick. If you need a refresher on to conduct yourself like an upstanding citizen of the Giant Bomb community, check out the FAQ.

Keep Discussions On Topic

This thread is exclusively for the general discussion of the EA PLAY 2019 live streams. Discussion involving the other company's conferences should be taken to their respective threads (once they're posted).

Specific Announcements

The moment someone told Vince Zampella that he is making the last Star Wars game.
    The moment someone told Vince Zampella that he is making the last Star Wars game.

To help you get where you need to go to talk about anything announced or shown during this press conference, we have created a list of them right here:

Where Can I Watch?

Saturday, June 8 - All Day Starting at 9:00 AM PDT (Your Local Time)

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By whitegreyblack

Congrats @delrueofdetroit!

It might be jetlag and this cold I have, but I'm very confused by the actual EA Play event. Looks like it's 2 full days and is much less-tightly structured than any of their previous stuff. How do they expect us GB duders to be on our A-game to slag off every unfortunate moment of their presser in the chat, if it's not a nicely packed presser? Looks like you win this time, EA... or do you?

Avatar image for delrueofdetroit
    delrueofdetroit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By delrueofdetroit

Haha oh wow! Thanks! I'm proud to make this little kitten a permanent part of GB.

Awesome job to everyone else who entered!

dialthedude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

The only good loot box is the one with a cat in it.

ItsAhMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Super disappointed GB decided to skip EA this year. RIP WEED3

Radiation2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm liking what I see in the Fallen Order demo. Some nice little touches, like that Imperial trying to use his staff to ground himself when being force pushed/pulled. I'm looking forward to it.

conmulligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I wasn't blown away by the Fallen Order demo. Combat looks like it could be cool, but it's hard to parse out how involved it actually is, and traversal seems uncharacteristically dull. I also didn't love the environment, but that might just be the level they showed.

BrainScratch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fallen Order looks really cool and has some nice little details. Feels like a modern Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy, which was exactly what I wanted.

TheFlamingo352

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone curious about more from their Star Wars game should check out the massive infodump Game Informer has on their site. On paper it sounds great: a Respawn Star Wars gsme inspired by Metroid and Dark Souls. The gameplay footage felt a lot less...impressive, though. I wonder if it's a game I need to play to understand, but after that reveal I'm feeling lukewarm on the whole thing.

conmulligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@theflamingo352: Holy shit, that sounds so much better than what they showed. Hopefully some of that stuff will show up at the Microsoft press conference.

Pezen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fallen Order seemed like a mix between poor man's Uncharted and The Force Awakens with a hint of Titanfall. I also couldn't get over how the person running that gameplay demo made the same combat mistake against those staff dudes in two different fights. I don't know, nothing about it really spoke to me. Not to mention the path the character took looked really confusing and by the second time a "here's something you need to use a specific force power on" I was over it, not sure I could handle a whole game with pointless force power 'puzzles'. Maybe I'm judging it too harshly, we'll see.

That being said, I was inspired to maybe go back to BFV again sometime. Not sure why I haven't played that in a while, it's fun.

Avatar image for deactivated-5eb6d6968a459
    deactivated-5eb6d6968a459

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@itsahme: everyone should've skipped the EA presentation this year.

Avatar image for faeriegodfather
    FaerieGodfather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know what I was expecting, but Jedi: Fallen Order just ended up looking like every third-person action game that has come out this console generation. I was completely bored by that gameplay demo, it just felt lifeless to me. Like someone just took the most generic video game they could find and did a "Find & Replace" in the code to swap in Star Wars assets. Sword:Lightsaber, GunShotSound:StarWarsBlasterSound. Hoping I'm wrong and the game ends up feeling more inspired than that, but for now my expectations for that one have been severely tempered.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1d502761653
    deactivated-5d1d502761653

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fallen Order looks..okay I guess.

If you make a list of typical Star Wars elements you wanna have in your game, it probably ticks off all those boxes, but for me personally I didn't do much beyond that.

Also the combat looks fairly rough for what it tries to achieve.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One of the coolest parts of their stream was that they went out and got an actual real life double amputee person (Erin Ball) to cosplay as Octane.

Jacrispy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not only no Skate 4 but, with all the remake's of games today and the ones announced at E3 this year got me thinking, would I be the only one frothing at the mouth for a remake of Dead space?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.