Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

E3 2019

Concept »

The 25th annual Electronic Entertainment Expo, which took place June 11-13, 2019 at the Los Angeles Convention Center in Los Angeles, California.

The Official NINTENDO Thread

Marino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 102

#1  Edited By Marino  Staff
    No Caption Provided

Congrats to @willhous on taking victory on the final banner of 2019!

kone's "magic 8-ball" banner took 2nd place and jeremyf's "party time" banner took 3rd.

The Official NINTENDO Thread

Nintendo's Treehouse streams have been the highlight of E3 coverage for years now.
    Nintendo's Treehouse streams have been the highlight of E3 coverage for years now.

E3 is the place for announcing never before seen games. It's exciting, fast-paced stuff and we're all enthusiastic to start talking about all the new toys. But, please keep in-depth discussions about specific games in their respective forums. For more information about how to help us keep things organized, go check out the GB vs E3 Official Player's Guide!

In an attempt to keep the E3 shenanigans organized, the mods institute these official discussion threads for each conference so that everybody has a go-to place to discuss them before, during, and after the show.

Despite the insanity of E3, keep in mind that the general site rules still apply. So, don't be a dick. If you need a refresher on to conduct yourself like an upstanding citizen of the Giant Bomb community, check out the FAQ.

Keep Discussions On Topic

This thread is exclusively for the general discussion of the Nintendo press conference. Discussion involving the other company's conferences should be taken to their respective threads (once they're posted).

Specific Announcements

The saga continues...
    The saga continues...

To help you get where you need to go to talk about anything announced or shown during this press conference, we have created a list of them right here:

Where Can I Watch?

Tuesday, June 11 @ 9:00 AM PDT (Your Local Time)

Casepb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Cmon Nintendo show them how it's done!

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That was pretty packed and there's plenty to look forward to between now and November. Bit of a shame how Metroid Prime and Bayonetta are AWOL for another year, mind.

Casepb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Casepb

So that Banjo Kazooie reveal was hilarious. Sequel to BOTW sounds cool, hoping for full dungeons this time around. Panzer Dragoon was a nice surprise. No More Heroes 3 will be cool. Astral Chain looks great. Link's Awakening looks so damn lovely. New Contra? Sure why not. Trials of Mana remake also looked very nice. Still waiting for some Prime Trilogy though!

Gundato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So... assume I am stupid for a moment

Today Collection of Mana is available on Switch and probably elsewhere. It is a direct re-release with minimal touch ups of three BLANK of Mana games. The third has never been officially localized in English before and is called Trials of Mana

In early 2020, Trials of Mana will be released for Switch and probably elsewhere. It is an HD Remake of the third BLANK of Mana game and is called Trials of Mana. In theory it is the same localization but probably with a few add-ons

Is that more or less what we saw today? I'll admit to tuning out a bit during that but most of the coverage seems to be geared toward people who know what the games are to begin with.

FrodoBaggins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lots of really cool looking stuff to look forward to!

willhous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks to the mods for choosing my banner :D. Shout out to all the other entrants, they were all so good!!!!

shiftygism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looking forward to the eventual Banjo amiibo!

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

@gundato: did you tune out or catch a second of it? lol too many to list. it wasn't too long but they packed it in.

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#10  Edited By liquiddragon

They can't do Prime trilogy cause then ppl would remember or realize we only needed one, the first one. Prime 4 is a mistake. Just make a pretty ass 2D Metroid on the Switch Nintendo.

Also, Nintendo announced too many games for 2019.

Also, can't wait to find out how badly Witcher 3 runs or how awful it looks on the Switch.

Casepb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@liquiddragon: Heavily disagree about the Prime games. While the first game is the best of them 2 and 3 are some of my favorite Nintendo games ever.

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't have a Switch, but this seemed like a solid event. Good pace, some neat surprises, some highly anticipated games, good amount of gameplay shown and a great Smash goof.

MindBullet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Pretty hype overall. So glad to finally get hard info on a new Animal Crossing. The Smash character reveal was great too.

Breath of the Wild never clicked with me, so hearing the next Zelda game is a direct sequel is a tiny bit disappointing. But I know people really loved it, and it's not the first time they've done a sequel, so maybe I'll force myself to give it another shot. If we get playable Zelda/a Zelda who's more active in the adventure I'm all for it.

acharlie1377

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Overall I thought it was a pretty great event, but the Dark Crystal announcement confused and kind of annoyed me. The game itself sounds interesting, but Netflix and Nintendo partnered up to do a game before Netflix bothered to put an app on the eShop? The omission of Netflix on Switch is kind of the only negative I have about the console, and that announcement made it all the more noticeable.

Other than that, I thought it was great. Animal Crossing looks neat, the new Fire Emblem looks pretty rad, Astral Chain and Daemon ex Machina both look way cooler than I thought they would, and I'm extremely excited about a new Breath of the Wild. All in all, the next year looks pretty jam-packed with all kinds of interesting Switch games.

ATastySlurpee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really excited for Link's Awakening as I never played the original. Plus, it'll be nice to finally have a good Zelda game on the Switch... *ducks*

Metroid Prime Trilogy is never coming to Switch.

Forcen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 31

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#18  Edited By whitegreyblack
    Avatar image for deactivated-5f8907c9ada33
    deactivated-5f8907c9ada33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

E3 2019 was pretty light this year, but the Nintendo Direct was quite good. It's probably a given that since Nintendo doesn't have hardware coming out next year, they're able to really flesh out their lineup for the rest of 2019 and early 2020.

Also I'm glad there was no talk about new 3DS games. That platform is reaching it's end of life, I'd rather Nintendo go all in on Switch support.

nicksmi56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By nicksmi56

Witcher 3 and Alien Isolation on Switch! I had totally given up on playing these! Yes! I can get into the Witcher series proper now!

Also, Collection of Mana seems really interesting. Always heard great things about them, though not sure if I should get that or the remake next year.

JoeDangerous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This was such a great presentation. Easily my favorite of E3. I'm the most surprised that Platinum's finally making a sequel to Chaos Legion.

Casepb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joedangerous: Ha, I remember Chaos Legion. It wasn't all that great, but it was still cool. I'm definitely getting Astral Chain day one.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.