Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

E3 2021

Concept »

After the cancellation of E3 2020 due to COVID-19, E3 returned as a digital-only event taking place from June 12-15.

Which racing game do you like the most from E3 2021?

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Poll Which racing game do you like the most from E3 2021? (52 votes)

Forza Horizon 5 83%
    Cruis'n Blast (Nintendo Switch version) 12%
    I don't know which one I prefer more 2%
    Neither 4%

Dear racing game fans

The only 2 driving games being announced in E3 2021 so far are Forza Horizon 5 and Cruis'n Blast (Switch version), both are two different kinds of arcade racers (Judging they have different gameplay and driving model).

P.S For me, I'm more interested in Forza Horizon 5, because of the roster of playable vehicles and driving model that I prefer.

• 
    zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By zombie2011

I’m not a car guy, I don’t pay attention to the industry at all. However, somehow Ford has got me excited for the launch of the Bronco, even though I’ve never seen an advertisement for it. Just through osmosis I know what that car looks like and that is gonna be better than a Jeep Wrangler…I guess.

When that thing popped up in the Mexican jungle I excitedly said “oh they have the new Bronco” again I don’t know how i know what that thing looks like.

Anyways Horizon 5 looks amazing I have game pass so even if it looked like complete garbage I would still download it and give it a go.

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I still need to play Forza Horizon 4.

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cikame said:

I still need to play Forza Horizon 4.

Ok, please take your time to enjoy Forza Horizon 4, it's one of my favorite open-world driving games of all time.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

While I really miss games like Cruis'n Blast, and I'm almost certainly going to pick up both of these, I can't deny how incredible Forza Horizon 5 looks.

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hatking said:

While I really miss games like Cruis'n Blast, and I'm almost certainly going to pick up both of these, I can't deny how incredible Forza Horizon 5 looks.

If you loved Cruis'n Blast for the arcades, I highly recommend you to buy the Switch version.

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I’m not a car guy, I don’t pay attention to the industry at all. However, somehow Ford has got me excited for the launch of the Bronco, even though I’ve never seen an advertisement for it. Just through osmosis I know what that car looks like and that is gonna be better than a Jeep Wrangler…I guess.

When that thing popped up in the Mexican jungle I excitedly said “oh they have the new Bronco” again I don’t know how i know what that thing looks like.

Anyways Horizon 5 looks amazing I have game pass so even if it looked like complete garbage I would still download it and give it a go.

I can admit that the new Ford Bronco is a good-looking car.

For Forza Horizon 5, I would rather buy it because I'm not into Xbox's Game Pass, even if PlayStation and Nintendo had their own game pass then I still won't subscribe to them.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gtxforza said:
    @hatking said:

If you loved Cruis'n Blast for the arcades, I highly recommend you to buy the Switch version.

I worded that poorly, I haven't had the opportunity to play Cruis'n Blast in any form, but I have played the older Cruis'n game and have a sense of nostalgia for them—along with other goofball arcade racers of that ilk. Blast does seem right in that wheelhouse, so I'll check it out!

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By gtxforza

@hatking said:
    @gtxforza said:
    @hatking said:

I worded that poorly, I haven't had the opportunity to play Cruis'n Blast in any form, but I have played the older Cruis'n game and have a sense of nostalgia for them—along with other goofball arcade racers of that ilk. Blast does seem right in that wheelhouse, so I'll check it out!

Well, you should give it a try to play Cruis'n Blast in your local arcades (If it's available), for the older generations of Cruis'n installments on arcades and Nintendo 64, they're fun and crazy.

bizarrohash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Horizon 5 is probably my most anticipated game this year, which is crazy considering they announced a meeting Metroid. But it looks SO GOOD. And like 4, it’ll be a game I can dip in and out of for years, and totally zone out to.

MechaShadow84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Without a doubt, Cruis'n Blast. I'm too burned out on the Forza series to care about 5. I haven't played a Cruis'n game since the N64/Arcade days. I wish Rush would come back, but that'll never happen.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Look, I will most likely play and enjoy both games, but FH5 is waaaay more impressive. It's a huge, ambitious thing with hundreds of hours of content, and it looks like they even have an over-the-top arcade track maker too, so I can't even say Cruis'n has that on it.

I will play Cruiz'n, and I will most likely have a good time. But FH5 looks phenomenal.

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Look, I will most likely play and enjoy both games, but FH5 is waaaay more impressive. It's a huge, ambitious thing with hundreds of hours of content, and it looks like they even have an over-the-top arcade track maker too, so I can't even say Cruis'n has that on it.

I will play Cruiz'n, and I will most likely have a good time. But FH5 looks phenomenal.

I 100% agree with your opinion that you prefer Forza Horizon 5 more.

Oh, I hope next year's game shows will announce more and more interesting arcade racers.

jagerxbomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I prefer a mix of arcade and sim, too much either way turns me off. Cruisn' is too much arcade, Horizon is perfect for me.

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I prefer a mix of arcade and sim, too much either way turns me off. Cruisn' is too much arcade, Horizon is perfect for me.

Well, it's true that the Forza Horizon series would retain some sim racing elements because it's described as a spin-off, and wanting to keep the Forza feel in it.

CracklyKlover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By CracklyKlover

Whenever I get a new Horizon, I alway try to fill out my roster of dream cars (Mazda RX-7 Spirit R, KPGC10 Skyline 2000GT R, Honda NSX-R, E30 M3) and get a sense of how Playground tried to replicate their distinct driving “feel” in-game, especially since I’ll never be able to drive any of those in real life. And while I can’t get into the dryness of Motorsport, I’ve always felt Horizon was a perfect compromise for gearhead fantasies mixed with the FUN that can only be had from racing in a video game. I’m sure Cruisn’ will be fun, but I doubt it will have a car roster, or even driving physics that would come close to competing with what is, already my ideal racing video game franchise.

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whenever I get a new Horizon, I always try to fill out my roster of dream cars (Mazda RX-7 Spirit R, KGPC10 Skyline 2000GT R, Honda NSX-R, E30 M3) and get a sense of how Playground tried to replicate their distinct driving “feel” in-game, especially since I’ll never be able to drive any of those in real life. And while I can’t get into the dryness of Motorsport, I’ve always felt Horizon was a perfect compromise for gearhead fantasies mixed with the FUN that can only be had from racing in a video game. I’m sure Cruis'n will be fun, but I doubt it will have a car roster, or even driving physics that would come close to competing with what is, already my ideal racing video game franchise.

The JDMs are amazing for the Forza Horizon series!

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By gtxforza

Sorry guys, I just realized that WRC 10 is another driving game being shown in E3 2021, but it was announced months before this event happened.

Loading Video...

WRC 10 is truly my most hyped-up driving game for 2021 because I personally prefer rally and circuit racing simulators over arcade racers.

CracklyKlover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gtxforza: Hell yeah. I especially like the OG late 60’s-70’s JDM sports cars. Some of them look like sensibly-sized (ie smaller) muscle cars like the Skyline and RX-3. And then you have the unicorn, Toyota 2000GT that looks like a better Jaguar E-Type.

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gtxforza: Hell yeah. I especially like the OG late 60’s-70’s JDM sports cars. Some of them look like sensibly-sized (ie smaller) muscle cars like the Skyline and RX-3. And then you have the unicorn, Toyota 2000GT that looks like a better Jaguar E-Type.

Yep, the Toyota 2000GT is a good car.

ghost_cat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Gran Turismo trailer they never showed.

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By gtxforza
    @ghost_cat said:

The Gran Turismo trailer they never showed.

It's unfortunate that Sony personally chooses not to attend E3 2021 so we'll see more digital game shows in the near future.

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am really looking forward to WRC10 after trying 8 and finding it to be utterly fantastic, didn't play 9 because it was on Epic, so now i have the weird situation of skipping 9 because 10 is coming straight to Steam.
    The RWD cars in WRC8 don't feel great to drive, so i'm worried 10's expanded focus on classic cars won't be a good thing, if that's the case i suppose i can always fall back to 9.

billymaysrip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks to this thread for reminding me to check out the WRC 10 demo. I'm super excited for Horizon 5, but not really as a racing game per se. I'm just interested in exploring a virtual Mexico and enjoying the visuals.

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks to this thread for reminding me to check out the WRC 10 demo. I'm super excited for Horizon 5, but not really as a racing game per se. I'm just interested in exploring a virtual Mexico and enjoying the visuals.

I'm excited for WRC 10 and Forza Horizon 5 both though.

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cikame said:

I am really looking forward to WRC10 after trying 8 and finding it to be utterly fantastic, didn't play 9 because it was on Epic, so now i have the weird situation of skipping 9 because 10 is coming straight to Steam.

The RWD cars in WRC8 don't feel great to drive, so i'm worried 10's expanded focus on classic cars won't be a good thing, if that's the case i suppose i can always fall back to 9.

Because it appears that Epic paid Kylotonn and Nacon to prioritize releasing WRC on their store about a year before Steam.

To me, I personally find classic rally cars are good to appear in WRC 10 so the players can experience the old days of rallying.

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yet again, I just found out about another racing game being showcased back in E3 2021 which is called RiMS Racing, developed by Raceward Studio and published by Nacon.

Loading Video...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.