Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

E3 2023

Concept »

E3 2023 was canceled due to lack of publisher participation.

Xbox, Nintendo, and Sony might not participate in E3 2023.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Wow. I'm not sure where this puts E3 as a whole; maybe Square could push their NFTs for a week?

However, it appears that when E3 2023 hits the Los Angeles Convention Center in June, it will be without three of its most important draws. IGN has heard from multiple knowledgeable sources that Xbox, Sony, and Nintendo won't be part of E3 2023 or have a presence on the Los Angeles Convention Center showfloor.

I'm not sure what "won't be a part of" means here. It's possible some people might still do their own presentations but it sure sounds like this year is going to be a slightly barren one.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Haven't Nintendo and Sony bowed out for awhile doing their own thing? Since Microsoft has had some success with their own press conferences recently what's the point of paying a bunch of money to E3 when the physical show doesn't matter anymore post pandemic and you don't need their help to run your own press conference? What value does E3 really have other than as a legitimate trade show (rather than a public facing commercial) at this point?

At least even without those three there we still might see some stuff from Ubisoft (Another Beyond Good and Evil 2 trailer to mess with us) or maybe Activision, which is seeming less and less likely to actually get bought at this point.

And at least one console maker will still show up!

Loading Video...

bodger0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigsocrates: Technically, Nintendo were the last holdout. They still had floor showings in 2019, which was the last big in-person event, with Microsoft doing their own thing over the way (helps when you own another conference hall) so really its more the fact it'll just be 3rd party publishers on deck at the E3 hall.

ThePanzini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ThePanzini

You must remember the press conferences or showcases were never part of E3, it's likely the big three won't take part in person. I'm sure the ESA would like an in person event this year as their digital shows have been quite the disaster, I don't see how anyone can be surprised really.

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Oh well, at least we get to see third-party games instead and I hope it's going to be good.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#6  Edited By monkeyking1969

e3 was laying on the hospital bed in a vegetative state since 2016. I say 2016 because that was two years AFTER PS4 and XB-One went head and when Switch was shown off. Things were settling out well for all consoles, you could tell consoles were stronger than even and interesting games were coming out on on the horizon. That was the last of the "silver age" show's where important consoles and games were resealed and e3 was not struggling to shove consumer parts of the show in there.

So, 1995 to 2016, it was a good run.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.