Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

E3

Concept »

The Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) was a video game industry trade show held annually since 1995. It was usually held in the late spring or early summer in Los Angeles, California.

This Concept Should be Deleted

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mracoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#1  Edited By mracoon

It actually says in the wiki faq

- Game related or gaming related - E3 2008 is a good example as it can be used to list all games which appeared at E3 2008. On the other hand, just E3 would be a bad example as it would have no particular relevance.
    Drebin_893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Drebin_893

I agree, how does this even begin to qualify for a concept?

mracoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By mracoon

Yeah, I don't get how this got past moderation (unless someone had enough points). I think I'll make an E3 2009 page so that we can include all the games that will be shown as I can't see one which is already made.

DrRandle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By DrRandle

...Well E3 isn't a place, person, or game... I disagree with the wiki faq, personally, and think E3 has perfect relevance. If somebody came to giant bomb and wanted to know what E3 was, there should be a page that tells them, and likely one that leads to info pages about each year's E3.

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Hamz

We did have an E3 2008 page for last year and it has since been removed / deleted without a reason. This particular page was created by a user (we know who) who perhaps jumped the gun a little on this one without consulting a Wiki Moderator first. Something I wish they had done.

Personally I'm of the opinion the page is pushing the boundries a little. And considering the E3 2008 page was removed my guess would be that is a sign such pages are not wanted or considered valid enough to be in our database. However this is just my personal opinion, the real answer may infact be entirely opposite to how I feel.

We have been trying to find an answer as to why the previous E3 2008 page was removed and what the general stance is on such E3 pages. But obviously things are hectic at the moment as the crew have been preparing for E3 and obviously now they are on their way there too.

mracoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By mracoon

I made a page for E3 2009. Feel free to add all the games that are known to be at E3 this year.

thebeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By thebeast
    mracoon said:
    I made a page for E3 2009. Feel free to add all the games that are known to be at ... [more]
    I understand why you created this but please read Hamz' response above - I've removed the 'Real-world Events' line from the Wiki FAQ to avoid confusion until we get this cleared up.
    mracoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By mracoon
    TheBeast said:
    mracoon said: I made a page for E3 2009. Feel free to add all the games that are known to ... [more]
    We need more clarification on this issue I think. You can delete the page if you want but I think people should know which games appeared at E3 2009. Next time I'll contact a mod before making a page like that.
    thebeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By thebeast
    mracoon said:
    TheBeast said: mracoon said: I made a page for E3 2009. Feel free to add all the games that are ... [more]
    We are looking to get a response from the staff on this but obviously they're very busy at the moment. There's both good points and bad points to having the page but seeing as the last E3 2008 page was deleted, we'd rather err on the side of caution here.
    mracoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By mracoon
    @TheBeast said:
    " We are looking to get a response from the staff on this but obviously they're very busy at the moment. There's both good points and bad points to having the page but seeing as the last E3 2008 page was deleted, we'd rather err on the side of caution here. "
    Well Jeff and Ryan posted news stories to the E3 2009 page, so I think it's ok.
    MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#11  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

I don't see why we shouldn't have an E3 concept page. It could be a great place for a really in depth article about the history of E3, how it is organized and all sorts of other cool stuff about E3. Sure, attaching games to is could be problematic, because so many games are shown off at E3, but pages exist mainly for a great article, attaching pages to it is just a side thing. I was planning on writing an article for this page, but I guess I'll wait until this gets cleared up.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.