Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

EA Sports

Company »

EA Sports is a publishing label used by Electronic Arts for all of its sports titles. EA Sports currently publishes franchises such as Madden NFL, FIFA Soccer, NBA Live and the NHL games.

South Park ripped EA Sports a new one!

Meowshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Meowshi

South Park has been terrible recently, but their latest episode dealing with EA Sports and "student athletes" is hilarious.  

Jayross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Jayross

I'll keep an eye out for it.

The humancentipad episode seemed pretty typical as far as south park goes, and from what I have heard it doesn't get much better.

awesomatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By awesomatic

I guess we just have to wait for the WunterSlash to come and save South Park.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By AhmadMetallic

No.. they haven't been terrible. When will people get off the "X show/franchise/band has been terrible lately" train ? 

And i haven't seen the episode yet, i'm watching it tonight. Can't wait!
    Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
    deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@Ahmad_Metallic: Dunno, man. I'm pretty sure this isn't a case of jumping on the bandwagon. The start of last season was pretty funny, but it went downhill quickly. 

As for this season? I've been actively avoiding it since the fourth episode or something. It's just painfully, acutely unfunny.
    AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @GetEveryone said:
    @Ahmad_Metallic: Dunno, man. I'm pretty sure this isn't a case of jumping on the bandwagon. The start of last season was pretty funny, but it went downhill quickly.  As for this season? I've been actively avoiding it since the fourth episode or something. It's just painfully, acutely unfunny.

Maybe it's because i'm a long time fan of Matt & Trey and find all their work extremely hilarious, but i always get the vibe of each new episode and i sense the good old humerous feel of the South Park series. at this point, with all the laughter they've provided me with over the years, i'm simply happy that the show is still around 

The only episode that i personally and publicly said stinks, and stinks real bad where they try too hard, was the Pinewood Derby one or whatever it was called. that there was a piece of a shit in an otherwise delecious mountain of south park pudding
    BonOrbitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By BonOrbitz

I wouldn't say SP has been "terrible" because that's a pretty strong word, but it just hasn't been making me laugh as much as it'd used to.

Except whenever Randy Marsh is on... I love that guy.

Soap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 29

#8  Edited By Soap

For a show to be funny for as long as South Park has been isn't an easy feat by any means. 

buft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By buft
    @bonorbitz said:
    I wouldn't say SP has been "terrible" because that's a pretty strong word, but it just hasn't been making me laugh as much as it'd used to.   Except whenever Randy Marsh is on... I love that guy.
    WE love you Randy!!!!
    AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @Soap said:
    For a show to be funny for as long as South Park has been isn't an easy feat by any means. 

Fuckin' A
    BonOrbitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By BonOrbitz
    @buft said:
    @bonorbitz said:
    I wouldn't say SP has been "terrible" because that's a pretty strong word, but it just hasn't been making me laugh as much as it'd used to.   Except whenever Randy Marsh is on... I love that guy.
    WE love you Randy!!!!
    Fuck  yeah. I always wondered if he should have a spin-off show, or would that get old quick? Right now I can't get enough of him and his Peter Molyneux-like balls.

No Caption Provided
    wickedsc3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By wickedsc3

Just something I though of as I was reading this.  Maybe its not that south park is less funny but maybe that you are getting older and no longer find that humor as laugh out loud funny as it once was?  Because I know that I have grown up with south park(13 years of it) and I no longer really find it to be super funny but I still find it entertaining.

rawrz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By rawrz

This season has been pretty underwhelming except for last weeks episode with Cartman in anger management and all those great Butters moments, and the EA sports one was pretty funny as well.

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By donchipotle

Last week's episode was great and this week's was alright. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.