Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jul 05, 2011

Insect Armageddon is the fourth installment of D3's line of budget-priced shooters featuring online and local co-op modes, and a new Swarm survival mode.

Anyone abit disappointed in insect Armageddon?

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By falserelic

Don't get me wrong its not a bad game. But I was hoping for this game to be alot more funner. Campaign was short the weapons feels weak. The levels feel like they drag on for too long. The robots feel like they take forever to kill,and the levels look the same after awhile. There was also only one boss fight in the game. I was hoping this game to be just as fun as 2017 but for me it wasn't. What about you guys that have the game. Are you disappointed as well?

bkfountain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By bkfountain

I'm not disappointed really because it's just a westernized EDF. It's got both good and bad changes, many of which were made to accommodate online co-op. Hopefully it at least sells well enough to get DLC.

I've only beaten Normal so far, but it appears to need a lot more grinding than 2017. With way fewer levels, that may get old real quick. The weapons did feel weak, bu that's probably mostly due to them making the robots, motherfucking wasps, and drop ships into bullet sponges. I would have preferred if they had like half the hp and just put more of them in the levels. Shooting what feels like 1000 rockets into one ufo is boring. There weren't that many wasps in the normal run, but it would have been fun fighting a whole 2017 style level or segment against them if they had a reasonable amount of health.  

The bot AI is surprisingly good, as they hold their own and revive you when needed. I also appreciate making the spiders weaker than in 2017. There were some levels in 2017 where a big group of spiders would just rape you with their webs, often times flying through building and crippling the framerate.  I still rate 2017 over this, and I never got in on the ps2 versions, but this is still fine for what it is.

bed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#3  Edited By bed
    @bkfountain: i agree with everything you said there. although, i recently started a hard playthrough with friends and the enemies take so many more hits to kill. it's painfully dull when a hector shows up. it makes the regular difficulty's bullet sponge enemies a relief to kill. 
    M_33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By M_33

I personally don't consider Insect Armageddon to be a sequel since like @bkfountain said, it's just a westernized version. I like 2017 more in terms of comedy and gameplay, but that doesn't mean I don't like Insect Armageddon for what it is. It's a fun game to co-op with friends online. 

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By falserelic
    @bkfountain: I agree on what you said. On gamespot one of the developers saw all the feedback on Insect Armaggeddon. He said they're planning on releasing some DLC. Which will tweak the game and give more vehicles,weapons,enemies,and more diverse levels. I hope it turnouts to be good. It sounds promising.  
    zeezkos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By zeezkos

Heya, I haven't played this yet but I liked the original a lot.  I was wondering if you guys could tell me whether the tedious aspect of the game that I'm hearing about in so many reviews is radically different from the gameplay of the original.. coz, if it's not, then i'd probably have fun with it.    Another thing I am wondering is whether the reviewers are finding it boring because the difficulty level is not hard enough.  Doing a playthrough on normal in EDF 2017 wasn't so exciting, but trying to pull off the harder difficulty levels was more exciting coz the ants were moving so fast, took longer to kill and were spitting acid from level 1.

based off the gameplay vids i'm a bit disappointed in the voices and the disintegration of dead enemies... but might end up getting it after all.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By falserelic
    @zeezkos: Well 2017 and insect Armageddon both are repetitive and feel the same for most part. But insect Armageddon doesn't have that epic scale that 2017 has. EDF 2017 had bigger enemies, more boss fights, weapons felt powerful, more varied levels, and some memorable battles.The campaign was longer and the enemies were more fun to fight.  

insect Armageddon felt like it was lacking compared to 2017. Their is less enemies, the levels aren't as varied, most of the weapons felt weak, the bigger bugs and robots takes a shit load of bullets to kill and will begin to bore you overtime fighting them. The campaign was short and not too memorable. Overall for me the game wasn't as fun as 2017. The only features I like in insect Armageddon is the online and armor classes.  

Despite the problems insect Armageddon is fun for what it is. Its pretty challenging until you rank up and get better weapons. I hope the DLC that's coming out can be worth while. 
    Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Devil240Z

I am enjoying it, normal difficulty is really dull though. At least in hard you can actually lose. I am trying to get all the classes to rank 5 right now so I am playing a lot of normal. Its all pretty fun when you are playing it with a friend but I cant get the online mode to work at all anymore. It just boots me from every online game I play like 5 min in. I have tried everything i can on my end and nothing works. The game just doesn't like me for some reason.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By falserelic

Yeah playing the online is alot more funner.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.