Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

EarthBound

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Aug 27, 1994

A 1994 role-playing game starring a young boy named Ness on his quest to save the world. The game and its quirky humor have garnered a dedicated cult following among RPG fans.

Guts Bat

Avatar image for alucardalacarte
    AlucardaLaCarte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By AlucardaLaCarte

Was anyone ever, in the history of all mankind, able to get this item? If so: how? I know you have to kill the Krakens in Ness' dream, but there're only 3 and they don't respawn just by you leaving the screen and coming back. Do you have to make the trip all the way back to his "home" and save, reload, and then make your way ALL the way back to the sea, lather, rinse and repeat? Is there a better way? Last time I played through the game, I got EVERYthing, including the Useless Item, and couldn't find a way to get this. I'm looking for an excuse to play through it again.

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Dalai

Yes, but you've got the wrong Kraken.  The Bionic Kraken actually has the Gutsy Bat... he appears just before you face Giygas.  It will still mean beating several dozen of these until one drops the damn thing.

Avatar image for alucardalacarte
    AlucardaLaCarte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By AlucardaLaCarte

Ah HAH! And so my sixth play-through begins!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.