Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Echo

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Sep 19, 2017

Echo is a sci-fi tactical stealth game from Ultra Ultra.

Have you played Echo, the strategic third person sci-fi that released last month?

Ezekiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Ezekiel

https://www.gog.com/game/echo

http://store.steampowered.com/app/551770/ECHO/

I'm enjoying it, after a slow start. You fight copies of yourself while managing stamina and power. My gun has only two shots right now. Packs quite a punch, though. Can be replenished at recharge stations. The game was pretty easy at first, but now that the enemies have guns, I'm more careful. It's getting rather intimidating how much the enemies copy me. If you take elevators, jump down railings, run and shoot at them, they will do the same.

Some early screenshots: https://imgur.com/a/8Tle3

It's super futuristic. Takes place in a massive superstructure.

Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Ry_Ry

This game seems super interesting!

BrainScratch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By BrainScratch

I'm waiting for it to come out for PS4 (in October, I think?). Been looking forward to it for a while, seems really interesting.

ivdamke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Where did the real Ezekiel go?

RosesAreDan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The quick look got me interested, but I can't help wondering if it gets repetitive. Other than that I might pick this up.

Ezekiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Ezekiel

It's easier than I thought a while ago. Maybe I'm just too good at stealth games. The game is good, though.

I think I would have preferred cutscenes over these long expository dialogues. It's so hard for me to pay attention to the story.

xenocrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I finished this last night on PS4 and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I thought it was a really smart, focused game that found ways to do something fresh in the stealth genre and it also found a way to look extremely stylish doing it, despite the obviously limited budget. This has earned a place high up my personal GOTY list.

I played it straight off the back of Death of The Outsider and I had a whole lot more fun with Echo than I did with that one. I like a good bit of stealth, but for various reasons DoTO was my first experience with Dishonored and I found it rather underwhelming; lavish production design but braindead AI, player abilities implemented in ways that I found cumbersome and that made me question if the developers really understand the fundamental power dynamic of stealth games.

I commented on the Quick Look that I hoped Echo wouldn't stretch itself too thin and ruin the mystery of the setup. I think it did just the right amount of everything, in terms of story and gameplay. The story is left vague and low key but there is a subtle arc to En's and London's relationship that I enjoyed, and during play I found that every time I was getting tired of a mechanic the game would change things around in a satisfying way. Most importantly, I was still having fun by the end.

My one criticism is that the AI learning is very superficial – "monkey see, monkey do" rather than any deeper understanding of why I did those things, but it was enough to provide a challenge and a few surprises ("I just got choked out by the AI... huh, well then.") I would be delighted to see a sequel, but at the same time I'm very impressed and satisfied with Echo as a self-contained experience. I hope it's a calling card for great things to come. I'll be looking at what Ultra Ultra do next.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.