Edelweiss was first developed and released in Japan for Windows PC by Overdrive on December 15, 2006.. It was later translated and released in English in July 10, 2008 by MangaGamer. Edelweiss was later ported to the iPhone in Japan by M-Trix on March 4, 2011. An all-ages version was released for the Android platform by M-Trix on July 4, 2011.
Kazushi Haruma and his friends are fed up with their terrible grades and even more boring school life. Just as their youthful passions were about to burst, they found out about an exchange program that promises to send the best and brightest to an all-girls school located on a remote island.
- Haruka Aozora is the granddaughter of the school Principal. Her grandmother taught her alchemy and she is now incredibly skilled. Haruka was born and raised on the island. She has never left the island thus she has no experience of the outside world and of boys. Friendly and helpful but scatter-brained.
- Mizuki Hinata loves to swim and enrolled at Eiden for the freedom to swim in the sea. Rather tomboyish and is popular among the female students of Eiden.
- Ran Kamoike loves money above all others. She takes every opportunity to swindle money from the boys. Very sociable.
- Natsume Amamiya is mysterious girl who doesn't reveal much about herself and mostly keeps to herself. Dislikes socializing.
- Mei Ibuki is the an alchemy teacher and director of the school's library. A recent college graduate. Very popular among the students and they treat her on friendly terms.
Edelweiss is a visual novel which features dialogue options that influences the narrative and story line. The story diverges about halfway where the story will focus on one of the girls.
|Required CPU:||Pentium III 800MHz|
|Recommended CPU:||Pentium 4 1.4GHz|
|Required Colors:||16bit colors|
|Recommended Colors:||24bit colors|
|Required Graphics:||4MB VRAM|
|Recommended Graphics:||32MB VRAM|
|Required HDD Free Space:||2GB|
|DirectX:||DirectX 8.1, Direct3D|
|Original character designer||Shinji Katakura|
|Movie||Iris Motion Graphics|