When their leader Daigo goes missing, Edge, along with Gan Isurugi, team up with Akira with the intention of tracking him down. Throughout their search, Edge is wary of Akira, who claims to be Daigo's younger brother and eventually challenges her to a fight. After the fight Edge and Gan both come to accept Akira as both Daigo's sibling and member of the gang, even after she reveals her true gender. His ending has him initially deciding to stop getting involved in fights he deems "meaningless", but he changes his mind and starts a new gang at the urging of his classmates.
When Daigo comes back after spending time away training and orders Edge and Gan to begin attacking other schools, Edge is initially pleased to do so. However, after witnessing Daigo receiving orders to attack the students of Gorin High next from Momo Karuizawa, Edge becomes suspicious and decides to break away from Daigo's gang, along with Gan, who plan to attack Seijyun High next. They both arrive as the gang from Gedo High are about to start a war with the girls of Seijyun High, the all-girls school Akira now attends. Edge and Gan join up with Akira, who tries to talk her brother down, and Zaki to fight Daigo who enters into a berzerker like rage. After the fight, Daigo regains his senses and reveals Kurow Kirishima as the culprit behind his brainwashing. The team then goes to take on Justice High. The Gedo High ending shows Daigo leaving to train again and leaving the gang to Edge and Gan who agree to run it till he gets back.
Edge is a high ranking member of Daigo's gang at Gedo High School. He always fights dirty using knives and tactics such as kicking dirt at his opponents. He is also somewhat vain and takes great pride in his appearance and frequently fixes wrinkles in his clothes. He dislikes being called by his real name which is a good way to incite his wrath.
- As expected, due to his delinquency, Edge fares poorly in all subjects he is taught at school.
- He has held numerous part-time jobs like coffee shops, video stores etc, but has never lasted long in any.
- His design bears resemblance to Benimaru Nikaido and Ryuji Yamazaki from SNK Playmore's The King of Fighters series.
- He is the only character to have an alias in Rival Schools: United By Fate. He is joined in this regard by Zaki in Project Justice.
- The Japanese reading of his Team-Up assist (Jigoku), is actually a pun on the Japanese word 地獄 (also read as jigoku) which means "hell" or "earthly prison".
- He is voiced by Yoshiharu Yamada who shares the same last name as him.
- Edge makes an appearance in the Kyokugen Dojo stage in Capcom vs. SNK: Millennium Fight 2000.
- He appears as a card in SNK vs. Capcom: Card Fighters Clash.
- Edge makes a small cameo in UDON's Street Fighter Legends: Sakura comic.