Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes

Game » consists of 0 releases. Coming Apr 23, 2024

A spiritual successor to the classic JRPG series Suikoden, helmed by series creator Yoshitaka Murayama.

Suikoden Successor Eiyuden Chronicle

rubberluffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

So it was announced a few days ago that there would be a kickstarter for a spiritual successor to Suikoden, called Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes, developed by the original creator from Suiko 1 and 2.

Well, the kickstarter went live yesterday and as of right now has almost hit 2 million US dollars, blowing past its initial ask of 500k.

I've been a big fan of Suikoden for almost 20 years now, and with Konami being they way they are, the thought of getting Suikoden 6 has all but died. But hey, this is the next best thing.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Zeik

Yeah, I'm very very excited. Suikoden 2 is probably my all time favorite video game, period. I doubt anything will be able to top this as my most anticipated game for the next few years.

When it first came out it was going to be a kickstarter I was kinda worried, given everything that has gone down with that platform over the last few years. But after seeing the kickstarter it's clear they've really thought about how to budget this without overpromising and are aware of the pitfalls of the platform and previous successes and failures. I'm pretty confident this will turn out well.

Also the game is going to have a cooking mini-game like Suikoden 2, so it's basically already the best thing ever.

chamurai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love Suikoden and backed this project.

Rejizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

It seems really cool, and I backed it already. Some of their stretch goals worry me a bit though. Things like unlocking a cooking competition minigame makes me worry that it will be more of a greatest hits collection of Suikoden than a progression of those ideas. I mean, I'll enjoy it even if it is a best of compilation, so I'm not too worried.

buratikid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i hope they bring back the mini war game of suikoden 1. those felt epic back then.

Avatar image for deactivated-647f76b346730
    deactivated-647f76b346730

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So pumped about this!

Arcitee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

The artstyle looks great, definitely way more than an RPG maker game here.

Suikoden 2,3 and 5 are great RPGs lost to time (probably forever thanks to Konami) so this could be a kickstarter to watch.

Pezen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WHAT.

This might be the best news I have read this year.

Relkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By Relkin

@rejizzle: Considering how long it's been since we've had a Suikoden, retreading that ground is probably a good idea before trying something new.

Haven't backed anything in quite some time, but this will probably get some money out of me.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Suikoden is a series I've always liked not loved so its quiet fading into the background never really hit me all that hard.

But this does look pretty rad, and also Fuck Konami.

nnickers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm very tempted to back this and if I do it will be only my second time after backing the Hex TCG the better part of a decade ago which turned into a complete shitshow. Going to hold off right now though in the hopes that they show more than this combined 20sec of gameplay. That boss fight clip looks suspiciously good.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nnickers: I wouldn't expect to see anything new before the Kickstarter ends. This is all very very early promotional mock-up footage. The game hasn't actually started development yet, so yeah, that battle footage probably isn't completely accurate to the final product. That's just the nature of video game development. Buy it's likely going to land a lot closer to that than say Mighty No. 9's early mock up art.

wollywoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I never played the Suikoden series but I always wanted to. I finally got a PS4 but I found out that Suikoden II was only ported to PS3, not PS4 for some reason. This looks great! Combat seems neat. Love the art style. Also, cats.

Interesting that this is the first (to my knowledge) announced game for Switch 2. It looks like something that could easily come to Switch 1, though.

bobafettjm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 69

I am pretty excited for this. I have only backed three other things on Kickstarter so far, but this is one I am going to have to. The first two Suikoden games are incredibly high on my list of all time great games so this one I will get pretty much no matter what.

Avatar image for deactivated-6321b685abb02
    deactivated-6321b685abb02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It looks pretty cool, I've only really played Suikoden 2 but I loved the story of it and I'll happily play a new game by the same writer. The graphics mock-ups are giving me strong Octopath vibes which seems a great fit. Probably gonna back this.

FatDragonQuest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honest to god this got me to start playing Suikoden

damn that game kicks ass

rubberluffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Project is about to hit 3mil, blasting through many stretch goals that are thankfully all pretty reasonable, and mostly just things that Suikoden had but were never game-defining, but were always cool things to have.

So now we have the Trading system, Beyblade battles, fishing, as well as a number of extra characters and extra localizations.

rubberluffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sorry for double post but time for the final update

There are 2 hours left on the Kickstarter as of this post, and it's just shy of 4.5 Million, which is a stretch goal. It's likely it might hit 4.5 in the next 2 hours.

The kickstarter has been run pretty darn well, we've had a few character designs to vote on, they've stated they have other funding, as well as up to 100 staff they can bring in should the workload increase. I think this will end up being a kickstarter success story and I'm excited for the final product.

Congrats to the team.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All stretch goals met and we're even getting a companion game made by Natsume. (Harvest Moon.)

As much as I love Suikoden, and know it's well loved by its fanbase, I never expected the kickstarter to do this well. It makes me happy to not only see a game like this being made, but also getting the support it deserves.

redcream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I am glad that they are making another one of these. I hope they stick to themes of political intrigue which is what made Suikoden 2 and 5 special.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.