Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Apr 28, 2011

An action game in which the player takes on the role of Enoch, a virtuous mortal from Heaven who, in order to prevent a great flood, ventures to imprison the seven Fallen Angels that turned their back on God.

The demo leave me wanting for more, should I pick it up?

AngelN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By AngelN7

So I just played the Demo and I gotta say I really liked the combat, the enemies where hard at first I died like 2 times before getting to the unkillable boss but at the same time they don't give you any inputs for the combos it seems everything comes natural for what you can do and that dosn't tell me if the combat is just simplified or not deep enough, then you go on to do some platforming wich was ok I didn't like it at first the second time playing the demo was better (finally getting that those clouds where platforms too) and when you're ready to face that giant monster it just ends! so much tease, also the game looks like nothing I've ever seen it's pretty cool, I'm half sold on it can anyone recommend?

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By falserelic

@AngelN7 said:

So I just played the Demo and I gotta say I really liked the combat, the enemies where hard at first I died like 2 times before getting to the unkillable boss but at the same time they don't give you any inputs for the combos it seems everything comes natural for what you can do and that dosn't tell me if the combat is just simplified or not deep enough, then you go on to do some platforming wich was ok I didn't like it at first the second time playing the demo was better (finally getting that those clouds where platforms too) and when you're ready to face that giant monster it just ends! so much tease, also the game looks like nothing I've ever seen it's pretty cool, I'm half sold on it can anyone recommend?

The combat in the game is all about timing your attacks. Over the course of the game you'll start to figure out different combos you can pull off. There's 3 weapons and a special power you'll get later on. The visuals are nice and the boss fights are fun to fight. The bad thing about the game is that it can get repetitive. The combat even though its fun there's not much depth, and the story can be confusing at first. Overall for me I love playing El shaddai. I've been trying to platinum the game sense I bought it. I had alot of fun with the game its about 8 hours long, and once you beat it you can unlock different costumes and a scoreboard. There's also this special costume you get if you find these bones in these secret areas.

zonikjj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By zonikjj

Too repetitive. Don't do it! Quit while you're ahead, the demo is pretty much as good as it gets.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.