Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Elden Ring

Game » consists of 18 releases. Released Feb 25, 2022

Elden Ring by FromSoftware is a collaboration between Hidetaka Miyazaki and George R.R. Martin.

never seeing that much of presence on Tiktok

Giant_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Giant_Gamer

I don't know if this is how the tiktok algorithm deemed suitable for me but I'm getting so much Elden Ring videos on my for you page more than any other video game out there.

I'm not sure why though because i never searched on tiktok for an elden ring video. Is it because the game is so popular with streamers these days?

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By FacelessVixen

...Somehow having "TikTok" and any given video game (except for game sin the same vein as Fortnite, Roblox and Minecraft) in the same sentence equates to me as trying to divide by zero.

In other words: This is strange to me.

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've never used Tiktok but since streamers are still playing it and they advertise their channels through youtube clips and tiktok's, i imagine that's the reason.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By BisonHero

I don’t know how much you’ve dialed up your privacy settings, but couldn’t TikTok just be scraping your browsing history or YouTube watch history?

Or do you mean you’ve just never looked up Elden Ring anything on your accounts? If so, then yeah, maybe TikTok just detects that you’re “a gamer” based on your activity but doesn’t know any specific game fandoms you follow, and Elden Ring TikToks do the best numbers right now due to general popularity?

ghost_cat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TikTok is scary smart and I'm pretty sure it looks/mines data from your phone depending on your settings. Maybe they saw your GB avatar and thought "Unleash the Elden Ring."

Camosid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

It has died off for me, but I got a FUCK ton right at release. Its back to Incoherent Comedy, Cringe Tock, Animal Rescue Videos, and Old People Slideshows again. Also it may be smart but it also definitely thinks I am an Ex-Evangelical Lesbian, I am in fact an Effeminite Ex-Evangelical Bisexual thank you very much tik tok.

Broshmosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@camosid said:

Also it may be smart but it also definitely thinks I am an Ex-Evangelical Lesbian, I am in fact an Effeminite Ex-Evangelical Bisexual thank you very much tik tok.

Lmao <3

eccentrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 15

TikTok's algorithm is really good and really specific. Maybe your FYP caught Elden Ring content without even considering that it's a video game at all.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.