Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Elden Ring

Game » consists of 18 releases. Released Feb 25, 2022

Elden Ring by FromSoftware is a collaboration between Hidetaka Miyazaki and George R.R. Martin.

Why IS Elden Ring so popular?

• 52 results
    monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 18

@monkeyking1969: I know it's not really what you meant, but I did get a laugh out of the idea of judging games based solely on the quality of their horrible little goblins.

The idea of Western audiences craving Asian aesthetics is an interesting one, but likely deserves a whole separate discussion.

I judge a ton of games merely on its art and aesthetics, that is a primary pillar in my book. So, yes, the QULAITY of your horrible little goblins will make your game seem better to me.

In visual medium, if your art is so good it nearly story telling for you, you are already ahead of a product that has less skillfully made art. That is true for movies, video games, or children's books.

saiyansnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

First game I've bought day 1 in quite some time. POG game!!

Junkerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

Its a fantastic game, simple as that.

An open world game that values your time, all of the side content is entirely optional. The art is an absolute treat; and its a Souls game that seems to have finally struck a delicate balance between preserving the challenge many of the fans love while also being approachable enough to a wider audience. Its an absolute banger.

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Even though Demon's Souls is what put this type of game 'on the map' for a lot of people, From Software has been making this type of game for decades now... going all the way back to PS1 days.

They've put in the time, put in the work, and their efforts have paid off. I f'ing hate souls games, but I cannot deny for one second that From Software has paid its dues and have finally distilled this game down to an absolute science and gotten the kind of success their persistence and dedication deserves.

prolurker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#55  Edited By prolurker

My theory is that dark souls was slow to boil, I don’t think FS ever expected their series to take off like it did. Anyone who wants to be as successful as FS wouldn’t make a dark souls clone, they’d go make a mobile game, for example. It really is the epitome of a niche product that got big with other developing markets like content creation and streaming. Not to say Elden Ring isn’t a good game, it does exceed players’ expectations. I’m not interested in Dark Souls gameplay, but I love watching streamers play it, and it makes for incredibly entertaining bite-sized clips.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.