Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Electronic Arts

Company »

EA is one of the largest publisher/developers in the video game industry.

Andrew Wilson Is Your New EA CEO

• 92 results
    djhicks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

This guy has always reminded me of a stone cold mercenary. A black ops dude or something. It's probably that Jason Statham accent.

KainCarver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Meh, he's a company man who sounds like he's towing the same old EA rhetoric.

dOm_CaTz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kidavenger said:

@squirrelnacho said:

@rirse said:

Unless they decide to put games back on Steam, I don't really care who in charge of EA.

Sorry, irrational dislike of Origin went out of style about a year ago. Yeah Steam is great, but Origin works fine.

You may be right, but if Origin is so great, it should be able to stand on it's own now and not be propped up by exclusives. EA needs to put their games on Steam and let people choose where they want to buy.

Yeah, man, then Sony will put Last of Us and Infamous on 360 and Gears of War and Halo will go on PS3!

Yea because you could play Valve games elsewhere on PC as well.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Is he a Bond villain?

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Shame he just said they were going to do more of the same. Was hoping they would change their ways.

smellylettuce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Funny thing is, this guy will do the exact same things as any other executive in his position will do because they all went to the same school and learnt the same bullshit. Namely, don't take risks with funding and rely on previous metrics to distribute said funds, acquire successful smaller companies and run their IP into the ground while halting any future creative ventures and squeeze every nickel and dime they can from the customer to keep the share price growth rates steady.

Anyway, as far as all that is concerned, I'm sure he will make his mark in gaming history as yet another reviled EA CEO, not that he has any choice really.

viking_funeral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

@rirse said:

Unless they decide to put games back on Steam, I don't really care who in charge of EA.

Sorry, irrational dislike of Origin went out of style about a year ago. Yeah Steam is great, but Origin works fine.

Well, good think my dislike of Origin is rational, and that I don't care about fashion.

blacklab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Wow, that dude is young! Hopefully he brings some spirit to the role.

stackboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#59  Edited By stackboy

Nice to see an Australian get the role, but his presentations at recent press conferences don't leave me impressed.

Sylect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Sylect

"I also believe EA’s strategy is sound."

oh well, maybe next ceo

Mystyr_E

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 93

User Lists: 4

spawts, spawts, EA spawts, spawts

Avatar image for deactivated-64b8656eaf424
    deactivated-64b8656eaf424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alright. Show us what you've got.

automatontribe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By automatontribe

Mr chin the ceo.

jaks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you asked me to write a hilarious parody of a speech containing nothing but meaningless corporate jargon and stupid industry buzzwords I could not remotely do as good of a job as that what that guy wrote.

Strife777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not very well informed on that side of things, but 39 seems pretty young for such a position. Good for him.

PurpleSpandex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Jason Rubin was happy about it on twitter, I asked why. "He cut his teeth as a dev in the trenches making games, but has also seen the industry from the perspective of a publisher. and as a bonus, he's a good person."

From his credits on Giant Bomb hes credited in Viva Pinata. My hopes for another game are now rekindled.

audiosnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By audiosnow

He looks really young.

EA needs a grizzled survivor who thinks video games are dumb. A full set of teeth is optional.

Kordesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Kordesh

New boss, same as the old boss. Expecting the same EA flavored shenanigans as always in the future...

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I expect zero change.

MistaSparkle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

Should we expect significant change in EA with this?

selbie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's in the game?

FierceDeity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

\@darkshaper said:

@kidavenger said:

@squirrelnacho said:

@rirse said:

You may be right, but if Origin is so great, it should be able to stand on it's own now and not be propped up by exclusives. EA needs to put their games on Steam and let people choose where they want to buy.

I love Steam but how is EA not releasing their games on Steam any different from Valve not releasing their games on Origin?

Checkmate.

radioactivez0r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I don't even really care about how he runs EA, the fact he's CEO of a company that big at his age is unreal. Puts my life in a bit of perspective, for sure.

ryanmgraef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like a bunch of E.A. Games... I hope they try to do new I.P. again.

Wonloong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm guessing they placed him as the CEO since he looks young, and it'll tell people how fresh EA is.

$10 says he's just a puppet, dancing for the board-people.

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

\@darkshaper said:

@kidavenger said:

@squirrelnacho said:

@rirse said:

I love Steam but how is EA not releasing their games on Steam any different from Valve not releasing their games on Origin?

Checkmate.

Really? Origin has roughly 30 non EA games, 99% of their store is EA product, Steam has 2000+ games on their service the vast majority are not Valve games. It's clear that Steam includes all those that want to be on their service and it's also quite apparent that Origin has the exact opposite policy only allowing the biggest games from the biggest publishers.

I buy my games on Steam, I have for long before Origin existed, Steam is where I want to buy my games, I will never give a shit about Origin; EA needs to realize this and do what they can to start selling games to me again because there are a lot of people like me. I'm not saying Origin shouldn't exist, new people coming into PC gaming could pick Origin to be their go to platform and want to buy everything there which is cool, but the way EA has it set up now, you can't get everything on Origin, until they fix that, Origin will never be a viable competitor to Steam, just a wasteland for EA fanboys.

LarryDavis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#77  Edited By LarryDavis

You know, following Sim City I'd planned to just write off EA. And then those bastards got ahold of the Star Wars license and showed off Battlefront 3. So now I just don't know what to do. My head says forget they ever existed past Mutant League Football, but my heart still loves lightsabers and the pewpew of blaster fire.

I've got a baaaad feeling about this.

You know you can just get the games you care about and ignore the rest? Because that's what I do and it works pretty well.

striderno9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#78  Edited By striderno9

I pretty sure he's killed a man.

kalnet101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Love his accent.

heavyplay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

39 is pretty young to for a CEO of such a large company. Dude must be really smart. Good luck to him.

Liam89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wonder how Peter Moore is feeling right now....

project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

riptide0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fiercedeity said:

\@darkshaper said:

@kidavenger said:

@squirrelnacho said:

@rirse said:

Checkmate.

Really? Origin has roughly 30 non EA games, 99% of their store is EA product, Steam has 2000+ games on their service the vast majority are not Valve games. It's clear that Steam includes all those that want to be on their service and it's also quite apparent that Origin has the exact opposite policy only allowing the biggest games from the biggest publishers.

I buy my games on Steam, I have for long before Origin existed, Steam is where I want to buy my games, I will never give a shit about Origin; EA needs to realize this and do what they can to start selling games to me again because there are a lot of people like me. I'm not saying Origin shouldn't exist, new people coming into PC gaming could pick Origin to be their go to platform and want to buy everything there which is cool, but the way EA has it set up now, you can't get everything on Origin, until they fix that, Origin will never be a viable competitor to Steam, just a wasteland for EA fanboys.

This man is right. I don't like having multiple programs I have to load up, multiple game libraries, multiple friendslists, etc. EA is the only one not getting along with Valve and Steam. Activision, Ubisoft, Square Enix and all the others use steam reliably, Ubisoft even has Uplay occasionally tied to their games but it's not a hassle because it just loads and disappears most of the time. I want my games on Steam, that's where all my other games are other than my GoG and Desura games are (and those don't require any other programs to run once installed). Origin offers no benefit to me, the consumer, as a place to buy or play games. It's like my web browser, I use Chrome, all my bookmarks are in Chrome, I like using Chrome. If there was a website that said I had to use IE and wouldn't load unless I did that's an inconvenience to me because I don't want to have to use another program when the one I like does everything else except for that one thing all because they want a bigger cut of DLC sales even though all the other publishers deal with it.

riptide0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also if the guy that was VP of EA Sports is in charge now then good luck. I don't play the other games but NHL is full of bugs that have been in the series for...four games now, poorly updated rosters, terribly designed menus, poorly implemented systems and an extra layer of advertising in every new game. If he was the one in charge of that then god help EA.

VACkillers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

This guy is a complete douche... this is the one that makes the MOST RIDICULOUS decisions like LEAVING OUT THE NEW FIFA ENGINE for the PC version because its deemed "Not powerful enough" and that is a direct quote. All the new game engines will only be on PS4/Xbox One only, regardless of the far superior hardware inside a PC... YEAH OKAY THAT MAKES SENSE!!!..... anything to get the new consoles off to a good start... YAY.... lets have an orgy over the next gen which the PC has already been playing for the past yr and a half..........

GO EA!!!

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#87  Edited By Blu3V3nom07

I like EA. Eh.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#88  Edited By monkeyking1969

Are we sure his name is Andrew? He looks like a Ricky.

He looks like the smart ass rich kid that went to your summer camp who was so desperate to be liked, that he played pranks on people. Until, that one day, he pushed that fat kid in the lake. Then the fat kid came back as a monster that kills horny teenagers...then the local police (who are honestly out of their depth) get invovoved and they mostly die too...then that group of happy go lucky college kids go to a 'summer cabin' at that lake...they they all die too...except one.

And, you know what? It is all Ricky's fault. Its ALL his fault, that little shit! And, now you say, he is CEO of EA, so that sucks!!! Because let's face it even if his name is Andrew his is still that Ricky kid who is going to get us all killed!!!!

zzzellyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By zzzellyn

Those two are not the same. The reason why people don't release games on Origin is not because EA won't let them but because they're fully integrated into Steam via Steam's SDK, Steamworks. Integrating an SDK into a game is a huge endeavor and many game teams are already doing it three times (PS3, 360, Steamworks) so adding in a fourth SDK (effectively a fourth version of the game) just to support Origin when a large portion of those users are on Steam anyway is ineffecient.

I'm sure EA would love to get more 3rd party titles on Origin, but overcoming Steamworks will be a huge challenge. Hell, EA even tried to entice more indie titles onto Origin last year, but Greenlight came out not long after and utterly crushed that hope.

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

#90  Edited By Kidavenger

@kidavenger said:

Those two are not the same. The reason why people don't release games on Origin is not because EA won't let them but because they're fully integrated into Steam via Steam's SDK, Steamworks. Integrating an SDK into a game is a huge endeavor and many game teams are already doing it three times (PS3, 360, Steamworks) so adding in a fourth SDK (effectively a fourth version of the game) just to support Origin when a large portion of those users are on Steam anyway is ineffecient.

I'm sure EA would love to get more 3rd party titles on Origin, but overcoming Steamworks will be a huge challenge. Hell, EA even tried to entice more indie titles onto Origin last year, but Greenlight came out not long after and utterly crushed that hope.

Horseshit, hardly any Ubisoft games incorporate Steamworks, none of the Assassin's Creed games have it yet the only one Origin has is 3, Rayman Legends just came out and it's not on Origin, no Steamworks there. Steamworks integration hasn't stopped any of the other prominent digital distributors from being successful, in fact Amazon.com is doing very well selling Steam games.

Greenlight crushed Origin? Wow...

QforQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Re: everyone dogging Andrew for his time at Origin....he was only the head of Origin for the last ~9 months or so. Before that, it was Kristian Segerstale (who ran it for only a handful of months), and before that it was David DeMartini, who is the original guy that ran Origin since it started (before that, he ran EA Partners).

Avatar image for chilipeppersman
    chilipeppersman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

well someones gotta do it

Sotakas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well Mr. Andrew Wilson let's see what you can do, and i prey to god it's not the beginning of Armageddon

fourgateftw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squirrelnacho said:

@rirse said:

I don't see anyone complaining about exclusives existing on consoles. Besides, Valve is as guilty in this respect as EA. None of Valve's games are on Origin, nor are they on Gamersgate. EA needs some way of keeping competitive, as Steam is already so vastly used and accepted. What's the best way to do that? Games. Gamers like games. And if the game that I want is on Origin and not Steam, I will buy it on Origin.

TheMultiverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By TheMultiverse
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

You're not fooling me sir!!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.